Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2024, 05:09 PM  
In Search of a Life

First time coaching (youth flag football)

Ages 4-6. Had my first conditioning practice today and found out my entire team hasn't ever played before, so needless to say, I have my work cut out for me.

Any tips?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:22 PM   #31
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Ages 4-6. Had my first conditioning practice today and found out my entire team hasn't ever played before, so needless to say, I have my work cut out for me.

Any tips?
I would be sure to not call them names and insult them.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:27 PM   #32
In Search of a Life

Coached both of mine thru flag. Now they’re into tackle but flag was fun.

Work on angles and pursuit and a lot of pulling flags
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:44 PM   #33
Special Teams ACE!!!

Give Trent Dilfer a call for some great tips on coaching youth football
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:59 PM   #34
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I would be sure to not call them names and insult them.
Any time a kid pisses me off I'm just going to call him a BWillie and nobody will know what I'm talking about, but if they only knew!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #35
Sexiest Athlete

Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:41 PM   #36
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Are you kidding? Youth sports are loaded with hot milfs and tons of trim spectating. Add in Arizona and they're always wearing shorts or nice fitting clothes year round.

You need to get yourself a child!
So now we know your motivation for being the T-ball coach.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:59 AM   #37
Starter

Number one tip? Have zero expectations.
Number two tip? Keep it super simple.
Also, have fun. That's a great age for almost everything. The exception? Organized sports.
SurroundedByMorons has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 09:02 AM   #38
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Let them just have fun and don’t stress over wins/losses at this age. Its like hearding ants.
...and don't choke out Ned Flanders on the other sideline
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:52 AM   #39
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Did you think 4 to 6 yo would have experience?

Just make sure the focus is on learning and having fun while learning the game.. especially for coaches and parents.
Everyone gets equal playing time.
Keep it simple.

Spray paint the routes you want them running where you practice.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-05-2024, 03:23 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Did you think 4 to 6 yo would have experience?

Just make sure the focus is on learning and having fun while learning the game.. especially for coaches and parents.
Everyone gets equal playing time.
Keep it simple.

Spray paint the routes you want them running where you practice.
Well I thought at the very least my 6 year olds would have played already, considering they could have.

Also, teams tend to have some returning players. I had zero.
Old 06-05-2024, 03:31 PM   #41
Banned!

I've been coaching flag football for about 15 years, all ages. I could give you a lot of pointers, but don't really wish to write them all out on the intranets. Maybe over a beer sometime.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:28 PM   #42
Veteran

Are you going to install a pro style offense or run the spread?
UteChief has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 10:03 PM   #43
Rookie

Are you able to be on the field during plays? Up here we could until after the first age group of tackle 3/4th graders.
Make your defense solid coverage except for 1 spot, guess where you stand to coach.
No 4th grader or under will run into an adult and will avoid them and run into tackles where your coverage is.

Is it cheap? Absolutely. But it’s also quite effective.
Undefeated youth football coach for 6+ years and finally called it quits cause the boys are 8th and 9th grade now and wrestling has become year long for them.
A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:41 AM   #44
Caralho

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Any tips?
Enjoy running the football.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:42 AM   #45
Caralho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I've been coaching flag football for about 15 years, all ages. I could give you a lot of pointers, but don't really wish to write them all out on the intranets. Maybe over a beer sometime.
This just seems like a way to get free beer.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.