Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2024, 07:25 PM  
Retired Bearcat

Going Cellphoneless

ive had a cell for the majority of my life. My first was a bagphone

Over the years Ive wondered about getting by when we were younger and nobody had them. Most days I question the need for constant contact. Ive never been a phone snob and as long as could call and text I was content (bought a $75 phone at walmart and only pay 38 a month). Ive noticed that the only people i talk regulary is my wife and dad but since i started having health shit my wife works from home. If I did need to call someone my wife still has hers. Has anyone here gone without a cell? If so what are the downsides?

i have only went without a week now and havent even noticed.

Am I crazy to go phoneless?
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:05 AM   #31
SuperChiefs

My cellphone has taken the place of my computer & tablet. Like you, I use the phone function very rarely to talk to family and friends. I'd say 90% of all calls on my phone come from dirt bag scammers and spammers.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:19 AM   #32
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
I have a couple of part-time jobs and use Google Maps alot. Before that I didn't have a cell phone. Spouse had a cell phone for several years before I had to get mine. Like I told her, "sometimes I don't want to be just a text or call away." Work would be tough without it now for me but if you can get by without it, I say go for it.
My brother would always say that and I totally agree... I'd tell him you can always turn it off, set it to silent, do not disturb, leave it behind. And then the dumb part is once he got one, he'd get pissy if you didn't return texts or calls right away.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:20 AM   #33
bite me

I have a land line for my phone. If someone wants to reach me I tell them to call and leave a message if it's important. I have owned a cell phone for over twenty years (I can't even remember when I first bought one) but it's strictly for emergencies. It sits on my kitchen table with the volume turned off unless I go out of town. I tell everyone not to call me on the cell phone number because chances are I will never even know you called. I feel sorry for this generation of cell phone users walking around with their faces buried in their phone never noticing what's going on around them.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:29 AM   #34
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_geezer View Post
I feel sorry for this generation of cell phone users walking around with their faces buried in their phone never noticing what's going on around them.
Just talk to each other like the good old days!

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 08:41 AM   #35
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Good shot.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:53 AM   #36
Supporter

I didn't get a cell phone until about 15 years ago. I basically needed to have it for work. I was in my 30s and hadn't had one that whole time. It always felt like a leash. You're always available. I don't see a problem with not having one but in today's world with texting, apps, etc., it's become a near necessity.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:06 AM   #37
Veteran

Quote:

I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." — Andy Bernard
SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 09:57 AM   #38
Live free or die hard

Why is granny giving home boy the stink eye in pic #2.

Last edited by Otter; 07-04-2024 at 11:05 AM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:09 AM   #39
MVP

I use my cellphone to text only because I can’t talk.
When they call me,I try answer and they just hang up on me.
It’s kinda funny sometimes.
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:25 AM   #40
Live free or die hard

I have an old Samsung Rugby that I carry when I go camping or fishing or when I know I'm going to be expected to scan or install something. It came in extra handy during covid when you were asked to verify your vax and they didn't want to accept my vaccination record that I printed of my brother printer that I made in Libre Office.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:55 AM   #41
Retired Bearcat

Quote:

i still read the newspaper
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:56 AM   #42
Special Teams ACE!!!

How else are you going to make tiktoks?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2024, 11:03 AM   #43
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaid View Post
I didn't get a cell phone until about 15 years ago. I basically needed to have it for work. I was in my 30s and hadn't had one that whole time. It always felt like a leash. You're always available. I don't see a problem with not having one but in today's world with texting, apps, etc., it's become a near necessity.
i guess im in the wrong generation. I can find other ways to do things to replace my call. It is convenient but not a necessity anymore. When my wife was still going to her office there wasn't a chance in hell Id get rid of it. The only person I was texting with on a regular basis was my dad and that was 1 or 2 a week.

I still might keep it just in case. Occasionally I would talk with other people like Sec, brother, E6, teabag etc.

Last edited by HayWire; 07-04-2024 at 11:08 AM..
Old 07-04-2024, 11:06 AM   #44
Retired Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
How else are you going to make tiktoks?
Old 07-04-2024, 11:08 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
Yeah, a lot of the 360 stuff is unreal. Watched a documentary on Alex hannold the rock climber last night it was insane. A lot of the videos are mind blowing. I also downloaded a game were you have to land the space shuttle. The first part is just sitting back in the shuttle waiting for take off. They used the original countdown and mission control commands.
That dude is nuts. I’m not a heights guy and watching his videos almost makes me puke. Can’t even imagine them in 360 VR. He’s got a serious death wish.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.