Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How many prime time games do we get next year?
1 0 0%
2 2 4.26%
3 0 0%
4 8 17.02%
5 13 27.66%
6 11 23.40%
7 4 8.51%
8 1 2.13%
9 2 4.26%
10 0 0%
11 1 2.13%
12 0 0%
13 0 0%
14 0 0%
15 0 0%
16 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2019, 12:37 PM  
MVP

Prime time

Im wondering what the record is for number of prime time games is? The Chiefs are easily the biggest draw in the NFL. So how many prime time games do we get this year? And do we play on Thanksgiving? Why the **** do we have to play in shitty Mexico?

Most this year was 5 or did we have 6 since we had one flexed? Did we lose any prime time games? I guess I could look it up.

Last edited by dlphg9; 01-24-2019 at 12:45 PM..
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #31
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
5 IMO

Guarantee if the Patriots win the Superbowl it will be Chiefs vs Patriots Thursday night week 1.

Chargers in Mexico
Packers
Chicago
Indianapolis or Houston
I actually think they would save the Chiefs Patriots game for a mid-season/late-season game. Instead I think the Patriots(looking at their 2019 schedule courtesy of wikipedia) would play the Browns(Baker Mayfield) or the Steelers.
Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #32
MVP

The more I think about it the more convinced I get that we will have 5 scheduled primetime games. They dont want to schedule 6 in case they want to flex one of our games. They really should just get rid of the stupid limit.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #33
"You like to drink?"

The hope is CBS protects Chiefs @ Pats as well as Steelers @ Pats and FOX protects Cowboys @ Bears and Cowboys @ Saints, which would force Cowboys @ Patriots on NBC to kickoff the season.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #34
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post

Chiefs @ Chargers (Mexico game...wish they did away w/ international games, but at least it's the Chargers losing the home game)
The Mexico game won't necessarily be a primetime game. See the last Mexico game in 2017 where Patriots vs Raiders played in the late afternoon slot instead.
Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Angry fan < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #35
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I hope youre right. I really want a Thanksgiving game.

You don't actually want a Turkey Day game against a good team on the road. That's perhaps the biggest disadvantage you can get on an NFL schedule. Short week, travel, it's not great.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #36
Starter

Quote:
The more I think about it the more convinced I get that we will have 5 scheduled primetime games. They dont want to schedule 6 in case they want to flex one of our games. They really should just get rid of the stupid limit.
If they did that it would be ****ing Dallas Cowboys every ****ing primetime game. You really don't want that.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #37
In BB I trust

Quote:

The limit has several benefits:

1. teams generally dislike them. You lose that night to start to recover from the game, and start prepping for the next game.

2. it spreads games around to some other teams that might not qualify. Would you have wanted to see 12 Patriots prime time games? Probably not. Just because a team is good and/or entertaining, it shouldn't own tons of prime time slots.

3. It allows the NFL to showcase players who might be great on teams that are less great, which in turn, affects...

4. Merchandising. The same teams with the same players likely won't drive TOTAL merchandising sales quite as well as having at least some diversity.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #38
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard View Post
I'd like to hear goodells explanation for making us go there 3 years in a row what a joke
I've already explained this in multiple threads. It's a formula.

Either look up the We play in foxboro again thread(or whatever it was called) or google this shit. You don't need an explanation from Goodell. It's a ****ing formula. No conspiracy is possible here.

You can predict the 14 out of 16 games 100 years into the future provided the divisions and # of teams and game stay the same.

The remaining away and home game will be 1 team from an AFC division for the away game, and 1 team from a different AFC division for the home team.

It's a ****ing joke how brainless fan bases are. I've seen all fan bases bitch about this, including Patriots fans!!!!

You wanna bitch how they make the game schedule, sure, have at it! But you can't bitch about who you play home or away. It's a formula and it's as fair as possible.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post

1. teams generally dislike them. You lose that night to start to recover from the game, and start prepping for the next game.

2. it spreads games around to some other teams that might not qualify. Would you have wanted to see 12 Patriots prime time games? Probably not. Just because a team is good and/or entertaining, it shouldn't own tons of prime time slots.

3. It allows the NFL to showcase players who might be great on teams that are less great, which in turn, affects...

4. Merchandising. The same teams with the same players likely won't drive TOTAL merchandising sales quite as well as having at least some diversity.
I want to see the best teams. I dont want to see shitty primetime games. Id rather see the Pats 12 times then the ****ing Bucs vs Faid or some terrible shit like that. Yes, the best teams do deserve to own the most prime time slots. No one watches those shitty teams play so those good players arent getting showcased anyways.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #40
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Don't underestimate the power of pimping Mahomes' 4th and 9 pass to Tyreek. They'll play that thing a dozen times during the game.

*cue the "**** it, Tyreek down there somewhere" meme*
On that play, Mahomes held onto the ball and missed the open man when one of the ravens DB blew the coverage. He needs to stop that shit and find the open man, get the 1st down and clock stopped(since the receiver would have went out of bounds unless he's stupid)
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #41
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry fan View Post
On that play, Mahomes held onto the ball and missed the open man when one of the ravens DB blew the coverage. He needs to stop that shit and find the open man, get the 1st down and clock stopped(since the receiver would have went out of bounds unless he's stupid)
Mahomes may not have seen him
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #42
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post

The Patriots would never ever garner 12 primetime games. You dream if you think that would happen. That honor belongs to the Dallas ****ing Cowboys.

All about ratings which is all about $$$$$$$$$

Cowboys is still america's teams according to ratings.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:07 PM   #43
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry fan View Post
One must always consider the trust factor, Mr. Angry fan.

Shooting one off to anybody other than Kelce or Tyreek reduces the completion percentage. A QB naturally gravitates toward the guys he believes will make the catch.

I agree that Mahomes often foregoes the checkdown for the deep shot and that has hurt us a number of times. At this point, I assume that will be corrected with experience. It will also cut down on the number of hits he's taking.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:07 PM   #44
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
Mahomes may not have seen him
Probably didn't, Would have been an easy 1st down instead of the miracle throw which is not a bad thing. But he needs to cut that shit out or he'll risk becoming Aaron Rodgers holding on for the big play and eventually getting hurt or sacked and his team losing.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #45
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
One must always consider the trust factor, Mr. Angry fan.

Shooting one off to anybody other than Kelce or Tyreek reduces the completion percentage. A QB naturally gravitates toward the guys he believes will make the catch.

I agree that Mahomes often foregoes the checkdown for the deep shot and that has hurt us a number of times. At this point, I assume that will be corrected with experience. It will also cut down on the number of hits he's taking.

FAX
The dude was wide open though, and Hill was covered initially. Someone post the all-22 view of that play. Very easy to see. Maybe Mahomes was looking the other way, I can't remember.