Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM  
The Guy With The Goats

What 5 cars are in your *BUDGET* dream garage?

I've seen a lot of these prompts but they usually involve a ridiculous amount of money... so I thought it would be fun to talk about a way more budget friendly garage.

Each car must be, currently, listed for sale at no more than $10k. No project cars that need to be worked on... they need to be able to move at least 2 people around reliably and legally on city streets.

Mine are as follows...

---

The Daily Driver - 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP w/91k miles - $7,250

I actually have this car and it is my daily driver. Well... not THIS one but the same car in the same color. This is just a better photo than what I have. Yes, it basically has no trunk but I can (and have) gotten 300lbs of goat feed in this thing. It is a blast to drive. It has been extremely reliable. It is fun to look at. I can take it to AutoX. Got mine well below $10k.

The Farm Truck - 1993 Honda Acty 4cyl / 4x4 - $10,000

So I mentioned goats. I would love the flexibility a vehicle like this would provide me while managing my herd of goats and the 10 acres I'm on. I'm also in the middle of nowhere and on a dirt road so having the ability to have an extremely light 4x4 vehicle pretty much ensures I am not getting stuck While not highway legal... it is city legal where I live. Listing found on FB Marketplace.

The Work Truck - 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 with a 5.7l V8 / 4x4 / 170k miles - $9,500

The listing I found wouldn't let me screenshot it so I used a stock photo. Being on a homestead I, on occasion, need something with a lot of grunt to get things done be it pulling a loaded trailer or carrying heavy things for the farm. It could pull my tractor down the road with no worries at all. Bonus... this Toyota will probably still be running like new at 400k miles with just regular maintenance. Listing found on cars.com

The People Hauler/Loaner - 2013 Mazda 5 Touring at 61k miles - $9,500

There is absolutely nothing sexy about this pick. It is there to serve a purpose and nothing more. You damn well know that if you have a 5 car garage... someone is going to ask you to borrow one of those cars at some point. You need something you can lend out without really being overly concerned that they are going to try to go fast or drive aggressively. Also, none of the other vehicles listed so far are really capable of, comfortably, carrying more than 4 adults and even then they would be tightly squeezed in the back of the truck. So... we have a minivan. At least it is a Mazda so I expect reliability and it has low miles. Listing found on cars.com

The Saturday Night Special - 1938 Dodge Brothers Fast 4 Rat Rod Chopped / 350SBC / Unknown Miles - $10k

There is nothing else on the list that has this aesthetic. This car would be for the sole purpose of getting people to look at it. It should also be, relatively, easy to work on, if needed... it is a rat, as the engine is completely exposed and is extremely common. If I'm going out and want to make a spectacle... this is the car that I'm going in. Listing found on FB Marketplace.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #31
Needs more middle fingers

I always told myself that if i ever got good "throw away money", i'd get myself a 1988 Dodge Colt 2dr Hatchback.

And i'd equip that bad boy with a 2x4 wooden spoiler and those plastic spinny hub caps from Walmart.

I'd have fake hood scoops, fake fender scoops....mud flaps. Lol.

I'd have that thing "Pimp-My-Ride: Swap Meet special."

But i'd make sure the AC blew ice cold, i'd put a system in it and i'd rock that shit as my daily.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #32
In Search of a Life

The only dream car on a budget is one that needs 10-15k worth of work after the initial budget.

Cant even find a decent midsize sedan thats 5 years old and average miles for under $25k.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #33
Someone pass the antifreeze

Looking for a 93 Cobra, grew up on fox bodies but couldn't afford one then.
MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MIAdragon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #34
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

My son just bought a 1972 Datsun 240 Z. I don't understand some people and their cars. He's got a lot of work to do on it I guess, but he's happy.

I've always been a "cars are to get you from A to B" and I don't really care about them. Until I got my 2020 Ford Ranger, every car I ever had was like...meh...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #35
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
My son just bought a 1972 Datsun 240 Z. I don't understand some people and their cars. He's got a lot of work to do on it I guess, but he's happy.

I've always been a "cars are to get you from A to B" and I don't really care about them. Until I got my 2020 Ford Ranger, every car I ever had was like...meh...
Well that's the problem. If you're just driving point A to point B family commuters, yeah, every car is gonna be "meh".

Most cars are "meh". They're designed to be driven like "meh". They're not meant to be exciting. They're meant to be fuel efficient. They're cookie cutter. They're made to be appealing to women too...

But then there's those cars that invoke a different sensation when you drive them. They suck up gas. They're loud. They have blind spots. They're hard to get in and out off. Most of the time they're just inconvienent.

You have to approach a dip a different way so as to not scrape it. Hell, in my Firebird there's certain curbs i just don't even try to pull up to because i know my passenger is gonna bang the door against the curb cuz it's so low.

But goddamn, THOSE are the cars that invoke a sensation when you drive it. Not your Toyota Corolla.

Your Corolla....your Sentra....your Camry....that shit was made to get you from point A to point B and that's it. As most cars are.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #36
Constable of Untruths

1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. First car I purchased myself. I'd love to have one in the garage for nostalgia reasons.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:39 AM   #37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Accept no substitutes. This will be my next car.

Pimp. Very underrated car. Can be had for the $10,000ish price tag as well
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #38
Mahomes Fanboi

$20K would be much more reasonable.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #39
Veteran

I don't have 5 cars but hopefully this falls into the list. I would love to own a 1982 Chevy C10 short bed. Just for cruisin' around on evenings or weekends when the weather is nice.

Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #40
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
Pimp. Very underrated car. Can be had for the $10,000ish price tag as well
Like a sofa with wheels. I love them.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:31 PM   #41
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaCuck Parties View Post
Like a sofa CASTING COUCH with wheels. She will love them.
Fixed
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #42
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
These are like the gayest vehicles I’ve ever seen
This is a solid list, bro…

Also have another
Cadillac CTS (white)
Trailblazer 2dr (black with accessories) sons first car
84 full size Jimmy (black)

Last edited by threebag; Today at 12:59 PM..
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #43
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Okay, for under $10Gs, This is one I'd like to have:
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #44
Can these boys not play?

I've been looking at the Honda Acty as well, for our farm down in Florida. The idea of getting a 4wd vehicle, with a bed, and AC for under $8k is kinda crazy. Would prefer to get larger wheels for them, but not sure they can get much bigger. Still, that is so much cheaper (and again... has weather coverage and AC) than some Polaris thingie, and is still small enough that it isn't a full-size pickup.

The only other car on my list is a Chevy 2500 HD which I bought new a little bit over a year ago now.

Got an old 2006 Chevy Silverado (1500) which I am going to drive into the garage and do a full rebuild on one of these days.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #45
My work speaks for itself!!!

This WILL be my next car:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-cadillac-xlr-v.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	127809  
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.