Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2017, 11:56 AM  
Distributor of Pain

Why don't any teams run the Saunders offense?

I was thinking about this because of how much I hate our current offensive scheme. Loathe it. Andy maybe I'm partial to it because it was the greatest offense the Chiefs ever had, but I was watching some clips from that team, as well as looking up some stats, and I honestly can't believe no teams run it.

The one thing that stood out to me was that while the Chiefs scored practically at will, they were always way up there in time of possession. That combination, alone, would make you think someone would want to build an offense around Saunders' system.

Anyway, I look forward to more 1st and goals from the 3, lining up in the shotgun, and doing a fake jet sweep option reverse to our third string tight end.
bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #31
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we picked up Roaf, didn't most think his career was over?
Pretty much. It was not certain if he would return to form. He did and we rode him for 3 or 4 years.

If in love with the Saunders system, don't forget how mundane that high flying offense got as soon as Willie missed a few games.
Mike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMike in SW-MO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #32
MVP

If this Chiefs team had the same caliber of Offensive Line as the Saunders one did, we'd be scoring 40+ a game with the combo of Hunt, Hill, Kelce, and Smith delivering the ball to everyone.

Reid would jizz himself every night thinking of all of the possibilities as he knows that his OL can hold up forever in protection and also open up any gap in the run game at will.
OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #33
It was not a fair catch

Roaf-holy cow. what a big guy.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #34
**** That Noise

I thought it was just plain figured out. Remember Solari running it here? It wasn’t the same when Saunders ran it with Baltimore either. But yeah the Chiefs and Chargers has some great years with it. Money when you have a great TE, RB, and FB.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #35
In Search of a Life

Aren't we one of the top offenses in the league this year?

What's wrong with it?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They had an all time offensive line, a very good qb, a great rb and the beat tight end to ever play the game.

Tough to run that offense without the ol
FYP

I mean, seriously;

Roaf(HOF)/Shields(HOF)/Wiegmann(ProBowler)/Waters(All-Pro)/Tait(Solid RT). That's ****ing insane!
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #37
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
FYP

I mean, seriously;

Roaf(HOF)/Shields(HOF)/Wiegmann(ProBowler)/Waters(All-Pro)/Tait(Solid RT). That's ****ing insane!
As previously noted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Roaf wasn’t a proven player? That offensive line was one of the best ever.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:41 PM   #38
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
FYP

I mean, seriously;

Don't leave out Jason Dunn and T Rich.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:41 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Aren't we one of the top offenses in the league this year?

What's wrong with it?
Alex Smith still being quarterback probably has something to do with the people who have an issue with this offense.
OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #40
Emporer of Mongo

that is an interesting question
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #41
I'll be back.

Several teams still run the Coryell system, including Dallas. Saunders wasn't doing anything new.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #42
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
There are several teams currently running the Coryell/Zampese, most prominently, the Dallas Cowboys.

The Redskins, Cleveland and Cincinnati all run it as well.
Yup.

Pretty sure the Rams run a variant of it, too.

I vastly prefer watching that style of offense to all the spread monkey option BS that has infected the league but OL play sucks shit now so not everyone can do it.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #43
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They had a great offensive line, a very good qb, a great rb and the beat tight end to ever play the game.

Tough to run that offense without the ol
Plus one hell of a run blocking FB.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #44
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
Don't leave out Jason Dunn and T Rich.
Ah you beat me to it. Christ, I think I could have a bit of success running behind that line.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.