Woodyard 6 5.26%
Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2023, 11:03 AM  
The Lurkiest

KC Bbq Tour

It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:31 PM   #31
For The Glory Of The City

Kansas City sectarian BBQ infighting has been activated.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:40 PM   #32
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
Tha ks Tiny E this is what ultimately I'm looking for to skim the cream off the top of individual restaurants and try to get the best sampling from however many places we can hit.
Also, the arguing can be further refined to
"joint" BBQ (LC's, Bryant's, Joe's, etc)
versus
"restaurant" BBQ JackStack (freighthouse/union station is the nicest and biggest) Q39, Char Bar etc.

Price, atmosphere, drinks, etc. come into play. We lived in Fairway and would order takeout from Joe's and eat at Q39, or Char Bar for larger parties, mostly.

There's a lot of names up there that I haven't been to.

We actually made a BBQ map/napkin for tourists a few years ago,

the KC BBQ MAPKIN

TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:48 PM   #33
Ain't no relax!

LC's
Meat Mitch
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:49 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Fiorella's and Jack Stack are the same thing.

Edit: And if possible, I'd like to register a negative vote for Gates.
Gates Extra Hot bbq sauce keeps Gates from going negative. Might be the only thing, but you can't overlook it.

I could drink that stuff by the bottle. When I'm in a hardcore workout/clean-eating program and eating chicken breasts and steamed veggies for 3 months straight, Gates Extra Hot is the only thing that keeps me from losing my mind.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:57 PM   #35
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Jackstack is sooo overrated
Agreed. I LOVE the atmosphere at the Freighthouse though.

Smokehouse and Jackstack have very similar beans, but I think Smokehouse does it better.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:02 PM   #36
El Gato Gordo Loco

I'm a rib, burnt ends and fry guy so my choices dont accurately reflect places that have good beans or other sides and meats. Joes sides used to be very average but they improved them around 5 or 6 years ago it seems.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:48 PM   #37
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Agreed. I LOVE the atmosphere at the Freighthouse though.

Smokehouse and Jackstack have very similar beans, but I think Smokehouse does it better.
I meant to throw a vote Smokehouse's way, but forgot. They're pretty solid, but unfortunately not in my area.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:46 PM   #38
The Lurkiest

Quote:
I'm a rib, burnt ends and fry guy so my choices dont accurately reflect places that have good beans or other sides and meats. Joes sides used to be very average but they improved them around 5 or 6 years ago it seems.
I'm the other direction I can forgive meh sides if the meats are great. Our choices for BBQ in the land of spuds is limited. There are 2 decent places here but I'm certainly not going to let sides determine the meal.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:54 PM   #39
The Lurkiest

I'm making educated guesses on some of this based on sauces I have ordered in. Gates was OK Q39 was good Arthur Bryant's was terrible. I don't remember what AB sauce I bought but it was able to ruin anything I used it on. I don't know what the flavor profile was supposed to be but it reminded me of burnt pan dishwater and pepper
Old 12-05-2023, 05:07 PM   #40
Veteran

I'm probably coming to KC for the playoffs. Which does the best baked beans?
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:09 PM   #41
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
I'm probably coming to KC for the playoffs. Which does the best baked beans?
Jack Stack, hands down. I could make a meal solely of their beans.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:18 PM   #42
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Jack Stack, hands down. I could make a meal solely of their beans.
agreed
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:43 PM   #43
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Let me clarify I misspoke. I meant to say their burnt ends theyve improved in the last 6 years
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:46 PM   #44
The Insider

Gates and Joe's are my two favorites. Q39 is overrated, especially on this board.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:52 PM   #45
In my youth i pray to keep

Night of the living Sauce is fire. Love that stuff so much, but it's a tad too spicy to use every day

Last edited by George Liquor; 12-06-2023 at 10:45 AM..
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.