Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Do we think there's any remote truth to the rumors that Herbert can be had and Harbaugh wants McCarthy?

That would be ****ing nuts
I don't think it would be nuts at all. Yeah, trading a guy like Herbert is rarely done in the NFL, the kid, while good, is expensive and you have not won shit with him, and on top of that you are in cap hell.

You have to look at this like you're Harbaugh.

You are walking into a situation where you are paying top end QB money now, don't have dick for offensive weapons. The quickest way to turn it around is trading Herbert.

The Chargers with Picks 5, 11, 23, 37, 69, 105, 110 scares me a whole lot more that the Chargers with Herbert.

It would allow the team to get whatever QB they want, inject a ton of talent at WR, and fix their cap in one offseason. It would jump start their rebuild overnight.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I don't think it would be nuts at all. Yeah, trading a guy like Herbert is rarely done in the NFL, the kid, while good, is expensive and you have not won shit with him, and on top of that you are in cap hell.

You are walking into a situation where you are paying top end QB money now, don't have dick for offensive weapons. The quickest way to turn it around is trading Herbert.

The Chargers with Picks 5, 11, 23, 37, 69, 105, 110 scares me a whole lot more that the Chargers with Herbert.

It would allow the team to get whatever QB they want, inject a ton of talent at WR, and fix their cap in one offseason. It would jump start their rebuild overnight.
And their roster would be better then the Broncos and probably the Raiders just like that. Harbaugh would be starting from scratch and completely change the team.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:

You never trade a young franchise QB. They're unicorns. They're the ONE thing you absolutely HAVE to have.

Herbert SHOULD be a top 5 guy, he's just been saddled with bad coaching and FO.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:47 AM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
You never trade a young franchise QB. They're unicorns. They're the ONE thing you absolutely HAVE to have.

Herbert SHOULD be a top 5 guy, he's just been saddled with bad coaching and FO.
I agree. I would add that you can win a Super Bowl without a franchise QB as the Ravens showed with Trent Dilfer, but you can't sustain success without one.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:16 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Only half would be healthy mid season...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:43 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Do we think there's any remote truth to the rumors that Herbert can be had and Harbaugh wants McCarthy?

That would be ****ing nuts
Absolutely none. They can't take a 100+ million cap hit.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:48 AM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Absolutely none. They can't take a 100+ million cap hit.
Right - that's always why these guys can't get traded.

I mean I guess Herbert could completely rip up his deal and figure out some way to convert those option bonuses into guaranteed salary that travels with him to his new team, but lord that would be complicated.

And frankly, if the option bonuses have already been paid for some reason (maybe they have and the cap hits are pro-rated out for accounting reasons; option bonuses have always been beyond my pay grade), even that wouldn't work. Those are set in stone.

Herbert's not getting traded.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:59 AM   #9
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I mean I guess Herbert could completely rip up his deal and figure out some way to convert those option bonuses into guaranteed salary that travels with him to his new team, but lord that would be complicated.

And frankly, if the option bonuses have already been paid for some reason (maybe they have and the cap hits are pro-rated out for accounting reasons; option bonuses have always been beyond my pay grade), even that wouldn't work. Those are set in stone.

And that's before mentioning if you don't like Herbert, why the **** would you ever take that job?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:01 AM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
And that's before mentioning if you don't like Herbert, why the **** would you ever take that job?
Exactly because there was no other reason to go to that garbage ass organization.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:38 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Not sure why they also would get rid of vetern Wr if your going with a rookie QB with minimum salary. To me they have been clearing the way to bring in a rookie Wr and freeing up money to spend on the dee.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-15-2024, 01:07 PM   #12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Do the option bonuses not carry over to the new team? I would have assumed that they would but... I guess not. Over the cap says that they could do a post June 1 trade and save space but I don't know how that would work either. But a pre June 1 trade says the eat like 80 mil in dead cap.

Also, herbie has himself a no trade clause. So it's pretty well all mute regardless.
tyecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellityecopeland 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-15-2024, 06:00 PM   #13
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyecopeland View Post
Do the option bonuses not carry over to the new team? I would have assumed that they would but... I guess not. Over the cap says that they could do a post June 1 trade and save space but I don't know how that would work either. But a pre June 1 trade says the eat like 80 mil in dead cap.

Also, herbie has himself a no trade clause. So it's pretty well all mute regardless.
Mute is not the same as moot.

Chargers are AFCW preseason media champs again!
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:59 AM   #14
MVP

I'm not worried about them getting Marvin Harrison, Jr. Chargers had Mike Williams and Keenan Allen for years and dick dick with them.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:01 AM   #15
Starter

According to PrettyRickey, the Vikes have apparently called up Arizona and inquired about #4. Taking JJ McCarthy at 4 would be insane.
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation