Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #44101
Stay positive, don't give up

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...906039296?s=19

Breaking News: Cheap, widely available steroids reduce mortality in severely ill Covid-19 patients, researchers found — an “important step forward” in treatment https://t.co/Bgws134Slz
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #44102
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post

Breaking News: Cheap, widely available steroids reduce mortality in severely ill Covid-19 patients, researchers found — an “important step forward” in treatment https://t.co/Bgws134Slz
This has been known since the beginning.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:20 AM   #44103
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:

Hook me up with the roids, Lew!
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #44104
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post

Yeah, you want those kind of steroids? Knock yourself out. You'll soon look like an Antifa member with all of that prednisone.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #44105
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

Cheap, widely available steroids can help treat the symptoms of any respiratory disease. They're also not completely harmless.

Throwing prednisone, et all at stuff is like prescribing antibiotics for stuff without diagnosing a specific bacterial infection.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #44106
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
You clearly don’t get it if your marker for not getting the flu vaccine is because you’ve never had it.

I honestly though this thinking died decades ago.
I don't take antibiotics for no reason, I don't take aspirin for no reason, I don't take ibuprofen for no reason, etc....I dont get the flu so I am not taking the vaccine.
The flu vaccine needs to be given annually so its not like its preventing polio or some shit.

Sorry I'm not taking shit just to take it.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #44107
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
You’re the biggest dude on CP!

I’ve been asking you for your source for years!!!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #44108
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I don't take antibiotics for no reason, I don't take aspirin for no reason, I don't take ibuprofen for no reason, etc....I dont get the flu so I am not taking the vaccine.
The flu vaccine needs to be given annually so its not like its preventing polio or some shit.

Sorry I'm not taking shit just to take it.
Honestly don't know if this is worth my time since your thinking is so far off.

Did you just compare a preventative measure such as the flu shot to a treatment approach such as an antibiotic? I mean................

1. I hope you understand why the flu vaccine needs to be given annually? Also, if you can answer that then you also know that not getting the flu in the past is NOT a predictor of avoiding the flu in the future.

2. A flu shot helps reduce the chance of infection by around 40-50%. Since there are relatively little complications from the flu shot, why would you not simply get the flu shot to decrease your chances of getting the flu for not only yourself, but also spreading it to your family?

3. A flu shot does not provide full immunity but can absolutely lessen your symptoms if you do get the flu. Studies have shown that around 75% of those who die from the flu each year did not get a flu shot.

4. Given current COVID knowledge and past research with the flu, some asymptomatic spread may be present. Vaccinating as many community members as possible could provide a greater herd immunity, which is especially important for those who may be unable to get the flu shot such as those who are allergic, some individuals who are immunocompromised and some with neurological disorders (Guillain-Barré syndrome).

5. Flu shots are extremely safe.

6. GET THE ****ING FLU SHOT.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #44109
Life is changing..

Quote:

Good to hear we have confirmation thar they work. We still need something that keeps people out of the hospital though.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #44110
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
It helps me stay vigilant
That's definitely not a bad thing. Taking responsibility for ourselves and doing what's best for ourselves and our families is all we can really do.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #44111
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Thats pretty stupid Lew.
Maybe you never got the FLU because everybody around you got the flu shot and is protecting you whether you believe in vaccines or not.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #44112
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm not going to worry about it because it accomplishes nothing for me.

There were/still are plenty of anecdotal reports that hydroxycloriquine works as a treatment. Doesn't mean it's true.

Anecdotal reports mean very little overall

My anecdotal report is I was diagnosed with this shit, and continued to run multiple miles a day. Also I’m continuing to run multiple miles a day with no time lost of my normal pace.

So hopefully the reports of long lasting damage is a small portion of people.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #44113
In Search of a Life

That's good to hear. Also out of all the pro athletes who have gotten it, most seem fine. But they're also world class athletes in their 20s and 30s.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #44114
Sexiest Athlete

Another new hypothesis regarding Covid19: bradykinin storms (I'll admit, I don't know the first thing about bradykinin, but found the article really interesting...

https://elemental.medium.com/a-super...d-31cb8eba9d63
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #44115
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Another new hypothesis regarding Covid19: bradykinin storms (I'll admit, I don't know the first thing about bradykinin, but found the article really interesting...

https://elemental.medium.com/a-super...d-31cb8eba9d63
Interesting and scary AF. The only actionable thing I got out of it was vitamin D.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.