Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #4381
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
The pacing has been horrible. Not rushed?!

The Night King is still trying to figure out what happened. He always thought he was important, too.

This entire season has been abrupt endings. There's been no grace - or sense - to any of it. The saving grace is that the acting has been phenomenal, the soundtrack has been amazing and aside from unfinished cgi it's still the best looking show on TV. Except for that episode a lot of people couldn't see.
They are wrapping up a million story lines. Unless they extended this ten more seasons it will always feel rushed. I don't think it hit the perfect sweet spot like breaking bad did. But it's not bad considering the desire to wrap it up quickly which isn't a bad thing. I feel like we've set up a final run that will be well paced and give a clean ending, and I'd rather they rush early than rush at the end.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #4382
The man you could post like.

Did Tyrion actually lose his mind when he was travelling to Pentos with Varys? It would explain his sudden inability to make wise decisions.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #4383
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I think D&D are burned out.
they wanted to move on to the south won the civil war project. Then when everyone went WTF, we are not watching that shit idea they moved on to making their own Star Wars triology.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #4384
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Did Tyrion actually lose his mind when he was travelling to Pentos with Varys? It would explain his sudden inability to make wise decisions.
I keep wondering if maybe the Lannister siblings have some pact between them we don't know about. Doubtful, but I keep wondering after Cersei didn't fill Tyrion full of arrows when she had the chance.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #4385
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
It should have been two more seasons. One to kill the NK. One to deal with Cersei.
After witnessing the Army of the Dead I'm not sure how they could make it work, but seeing a whole season under the Long Night could have been awesome.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #4386
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
After witnessing the Army of the Dead I'm not sure how they could make it work, but seeing a whole season under the Long Night could have been awesome.
They should have had Winterfell get overrun, and several of the main characters flee to King's Landing, offering them strategy to beat the dead in return for asylum.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #4387
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
They should have had Winterfell get overrun, and several of the main characters flee to King's Landing, offering them strategy to beat the dead in return for asylum.
Dumb. If they had got past Winterfell every other territory would be open to attack besides Dorne. Their numbers would quadruple and there would be no way to beat them.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #4388
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
To make the army of the dead a threat without the idiot ball they would of needed to show them doing more than running forward and attacking or standing still.

Edit:

Here is a drawing of the what Norwich castle looked like and this was an early castle of medium importance:

Notice the layered defenses of both earthwork and walls with fall back defenses. Norwich also had a city wall.

Last edited by GloucesterChief; 05-11-2019 at 01:55 PM..
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #4389
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Dumb. If they had got past Winterfell every other territory would be open to attack besides Dorne. Their numbers would quadruple and there would be no way to beat them.
It doesn't matter how big the army of the dead is, because the only way to ever beat them was taking out the night king.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:13 AM
listopencil
This message has been deleted by listopencil.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #4390
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It doesn't matter how big the army of the dead is, because the only way to ever beat them was taking out the night king.
So you're saying they would have been able to hold off quadruple the size that attacked Winterfell long enough for the NK to show himself in an isolated area? Yeah right. Let it go dummy.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #4391
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I could swear I read that they were offered more episodes by HBO, 8 maybe, instead of 6, but they declined.
That's what everything I've read has said.

They were hemmed in a bit at 8 seasons because that's how long the actors contracts ran, but there was nothing that would've prevented them from doing 8 or even 10 episode seasons.

Hubris or fatigue or whatever the case may be, it was the showrunner's call to give themselves so little runway to work with.

Everything that's gone wrong over the last 2 seasons has been a direct results of Benioff and Weiss.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #4392
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

They were hemmed in a bit at 8 seasons because that's how long the actors contracts ran, but there was nothing that would've prevented them from doing 8 or even 10 episode seasons.

Hubris or fatigue or whatever the case may be, it was the showrunner's call to give themselves so little runway to work with.

Everything that's gone wrong over the last 2 seasons has been a direct results of Benioff and Weiss.
It would be totally different if HBO said you only have $100 million this year. Thats 6 episodes only because of battles, Ghost, Dragons etc. make it work.

Everything I've read said HBO was ready and willing to spend more money and make it 8-10 episodes. Actors were on board, money approved but D&D were tired. Your ****ing tired? You want to move on? Suck it up and finish this correctly.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #4393
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Factually, you’re correct.

D&D deserve the blame that they get.

However, I’m assessing most of the blame to Martin. Martin is what made this story great. Martin is the one that made the thing meander instead of move forward. Martin is the one who hasn’t done shit in close to a decade. Martin is the one that signed off on these guys’ Vision.

Even if he’d have gotten off his hindquarters and had more material out there to guide the showrunners I think the ending would be more palatable. But the problems I see are largely a result of the responsibility of taking the thing to a conclusion. D&D suffer that burden, Martin obviously does not. And therein lies the problem.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #4394
oxymoron

So the first 4 episodes I was all excited for the episodes to leak early, give me an idea what's coming. Today I don't give a shit. My excitement is dead, when it should be at its peak.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #4395
Supporter

Quote:
So the first 4 episodes I was all excited for the episodes to leak early, give me an idea what's coming. Today I don't give a shit. My excitement is dead, when it should be at its peak.
Looking more forward to Veep and Barry, TBH.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.