Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:45 PM   #421
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
20 years ago I had a knee scoped to clean up some meniscus tears. Same knee started bothering me a few months ago so I went back in to the ortho surgeon thinking he could just do it again. His answer after looking at it was your knee is just old. The best option is to just pump cortisone into it until that doesn't resolve the pain. Next up a new knee.

So I get this thread.
I might offer you a suggestion prior to new knees.

I have been getting Synvisc-One knee injections that has really helped. The first three times was 6 months apart, then I was able to go over a year.

It is pretty expensive, just over 4k for both knees, but it is worth it in my opinion.

Hope you get some relief soon, knee pain sucks.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:45 PM   #422
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
20 years ago I had a knee scoped to clean up some meniscus tears. Same knee started bothering me a few months ago so I went back in to the ortho surgeon thinking he could just do it again. His answer after looking at it was your knee is just old. The best option is to just pump cortisone into it until that doesn't resolve the pain. Next up a new knee.

So I get this thread.
My new knee is awesome.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:45 PM   #423
Starter

Try living with Parkinsons. I feel 10: years older than I actually am.
Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Punwit is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:03 PM   #424
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I might offer you a suggestion prior to new knees.

I have been getting Synvisc-One knee injections that has really helped. The first three times was 6 months apart, then I was able to go over a year.

It is pretty expensive, just over 4k for both knees, but it is worth it in my opinion.

Hope you get some relief soon, knee pain sucks.
Thanks for the info. My ortho guy is new, my old one retired. He's a young guy that told me the best thing is to do what we could for the pain before replacing it. This is only the first step, I go back in 6 weeks to check progress. If the shot doesn't help he says it will be time to do an MRI to verify what is going on.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:06 PM   #425
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
My new knee is awesome.
Can you kick a 57 yard FG? My hope would be if I wait long enough they can put in an electric motor to pedal a bike.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:06 PM   #426
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punwit View Post
Try living with Parkinsons. I feel 10: years older than I actually am.
If it makes you feel better, you were great in Back to the Future.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:08 PM   #427
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I was going to post in this thread
But then I took a nap instead
For no good reason, up at dawn
**** you punk, get off my lawn
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:12 PM   #428
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the info. My ortho guy is new, my old one retired. He's a young guy that told me the best thing is to do what we could for the pain before replacing it. This is only the first step, I go back in 6 weeks to check progress. If the shot doesn't help he says it will be time to do an MRI to verify what is going on.
You are welcome, hope it helps.

Good luck with that and hopefully the MRI will bring some clarity to the best solution. I am surprised they haven't done that already.

Another key piece for me was learning that every pound your knee is carrying it is multiplied by 4 due to the leverage. It has been my key motivation for losing weight.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:14 PM   #429
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Can you kick a 57 yard FG? My hope would be if I wait long enough they can put in an electric motor to pedal a bike.
I couldnt kick a 57 yard FG with 2 good knees when I was 20.

But, at least I do not have pain. Even my now bad knee has much less pain.
I did it a year ago. Then after a few months, went to the chiro a few times.
has made all the difference.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:17 PM   #430
Elway be drinkin' again

Lost my reading glasses today
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:20 PM   #431
pie is never free

The worst part about getting old, is you can blow up a bathroom like no ones business

I used to quietly laugh at just how bad grandma and grandpa used to stink it up sooo bad, then light a match to try and cover it up... but I'm starting to smell the same thing after my morning coffee ritual
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:20 PM   #432
Mod Team

What's the minimum age to post in this thread?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:22 PM   #433
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Lost my reading glasses today
I buy 5 pair at a time and strategically place them around the house. I'm never more than a few steps away from a pair when I need them.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:22 PM   #434
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
50, now git OUT!
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:22 PM   #435
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
You are too young
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.