Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-24-2023, 03:46 PM   #421
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I gave you a thumbs up because what you suggested is a good idea. My only question is why have them? What does a Pit Bull provide outside of being a status symbol?
What does any non-working dog provide?
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:47 PM   #422
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Loving companion..?

Same as any other breed of dog.
So why Pit Bull? You can get a loving companion in a lot of other breeds that do not have the track record of a Pit Bull.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 03:48 PM   #423
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
Haven't they been trying to breed the aggression out of them for decades? I feel like a 4 legged ticking time bomb isn't worth it when there are so many other wonderful breeds of dogs.

These things are like a status symbol for some stupid reason.
Not in any regulated way. Still a lot of irresponsible backyard breeders.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:49 PM   #424
Elway be drinkin' again

I cannot imagine what those parents are going thru right now.
This is an article I read a while back -

https://www.animals24-7.org/2019/09/...bull-advocacy/

"In simplest terms, if a dog has the blocky head shape and oversized jaws characteristic of a pit bull, a magnetic resonance imaging scan is likely to identify the brain structures associated with sudden, random, unpredictable violence and “dead game” fighting behavior as well."
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:49 PM   #425
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
What does any non-working dog provide?
Plenty. But they also don’t have the reputation or track record of a Pit Bull which continues with my question of what that breed provides that makes people want them despite the reputation.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #426
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Plenty. But they also don’t have the reputation or track record of a Pit Bull which continues with my question of what that breed provides that makes people want them despite the reputation.
90% of their owners want them for one thing, the tough and violent reputation that they feel reflects them as people

The other 10% are big hearted but naive people who think "all animals are good they just need love!"... and they think that right up until their 5 year olds face gets chewed off
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #427
The Guy With The Goats

Not to derail but since we are on the subject of pitbulls...

When you look at my Corgi sized pitty mix... does he raise the same kind of trepidation that a standard Pit would?

Follow up...

Would his breed DNA results, showing he is 21% Pit, disqualify him from a place in your home?

/not looking to convince any of you otherwise if you answer yes/no. I'm just curious as to whether a mix of any sort is acceptable, and if so... what that mix level is.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-24-2023, 04:12 PM   #428
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
Not to derail but since we are on the subject of pitbulls...

When you look at my Corgi sized pitty mix... does he raise the same kind of trepidation that a standard Pit would?

Follow up...

Would his breed DNA results, showing he is 21% Pit, disqualify him from a place in your home?

/not looking to convince any of you otherwise if you answer yes/no. I'm just curious as to whether a mix of any sort is acceptable, and if so... what that mix level is.
Your mix would not raise the same issues as a pure bred Pit Bull. Primarily because with mutts, many of the bad traits in a breed are bred out.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:33 PM   #429
Starter

If your child is killed by your pit bull you should go to prison. You knew better and did it anyway.
Cooter Bailey ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.Cooter Bailey ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:33 PM   #430
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Not in any regulated way. Still a lot of irresponsible backyard breeders.
They also need to quit turning these things into godless abominations with SLAMMED and JACKED toadline bullies.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 04:39 PM   #431
Needs more middle fingers

Who was the "Pitbull guy" again? BigDaddy, right?

This thread needs his burst.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #432
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Who was the "Pitbull guy" again? BigDaddy, right?

This thread needs his burst.
"Bite a few Knee caps" is appropriate
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:09 PM   #433
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
They also need to quit turning these things into godless abominations with SLAMMED and JACKED toadline bullies.
Gotta get 'em down to toddler throat height bud.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:14 PM   #434
Fight, build, win!

Murderers Row

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:23 PM   #435
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
As much as I love dogs... shoot it.
SMH

guess it's time to get a little hold out .22
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.