Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:05 PM   #421
MVP

Their coach was never real

edit: beaten by nanoseconds
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #422
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Julio Jones is a has-been? He has more yards in the last 3 years than Hill and only 100 less than Kelce.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:09 PM   #423
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Tom Brady in the SB is a bad bet. I mean look at the past 5-6 SB and anyone will say that Tom Brady is a far reach to make it to the big game. The "real odds" are against it.
Raiders fans are so cute when they're not in jail
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:11 PM   #424
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Julio Jones is a has-been? He has more yards in the last 3 years than Hill and only 100 less than Kelce.
If anything, history shows the elite receivers of the past tend to have peak years in their early 30s. Find me an example or two of an elite wide receiver falling off the cliff in his early 30s. To say Julio has fallen off the cliff because he nursed an injury in lieu of rushing back to play for a bottom feeder team who planned to trade him is ridiculous.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #425
MVP

I had Julio on fantasy last season and watched most of his games.

I traded him just like the Falcons are going to.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:16 PM   #426
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Tom Brady in the SB is a bad bet. I mean look at the past 5-6 SB and anyone will say that Tom Brady is a far reach to make it to the big game. The "real odds" are against it.
One more thing: The Bucs had the red carpet laid out for them in 2020, which isn't likely to happen again.

If Dak Prescott hadn't been lost for the season or if David Bakhtiari hadn't torn his ACL in December or if the 49ers hadn't lost their starting QB or if Drew Brees hadn't turned into a pumpkin, the Bucanneers would have had a very different pathway to the playoff, if they had made it all.

The bottom line is that absolutely everything went right for them last season, from little to no injuries to crucial injuries to other playoff teams.

That isn't likely to happen again but if you want put money on Brady, go for it.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #427
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
If anything, history shows the elite receivers of the past tend to have peak years in their early 30s. Find me an example or two of an elite wide receiver falling off the cliff in his early 30s. To say Julio has fallen off the cliff because he nursed an injury in lieu of rushing back to play for a bottom feeder team who planned to trade him is ridiculous.
Exactly, Julio has proven that he will play through nagging injuries. He probably has 4 to 5 good to great years ahead of him. Heck that could be 5,000 plus yards in a Chief's uniform.

How would teams even try and defend us? Rush 3 every down-lol
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:57 PM   #428
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Coincidentally, the wheels fell off Randy Moss at exactly this time in his career. As they did for Torry Holt and Andre Johnson.

There's probably a 50/50 shot you get 2 more really good years out of him.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:15 AM   #429
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Exactly, Julio has proven that he will play through nagging injuries. He probably has 4 to 5 good to great years ahead of him. Heck that could be 5,000 plus yards in a Chief's uniform.

mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:52 AM   #430
Generational Player

If we acquired Julio put him on a pitch count.

Really you need him for 2 or 3 regular season games and the playoffs.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:16 AM   #431
MVP

It doesn't matter. Come or go there will be another must have difference maker. Silver something or other, after him.
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:50 AM   #432
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post

That's exactly what we need. A WR with nagging injuries.

****ing hooray.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:55 AM   #433
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
I had Julio on fantasy last season and watched most of his games.

I traded him just like the Falcons are going to.
Lol. I hate to say to agree, but last year was the first time I had Julio in fantasy. I never could quite put my finger on it, but for some reason the guy rubbed me the wrong way. I never wanted to take him if I was going WR early. I would always go for other guys instead like Megatron, Hopkins, and especially more recently Tyreek and Davante Adams. And that's whether I'm doing snake or auction.

Davante Adams gets hurt. Tyreek missed some games in 2019. But I still tried Julio because numbers don't lie, right?

Man, he was a huge ****ing pussy last year. **** that guy. He didn't ball ****ing goddamn once.

Never again.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #434
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
That's exactly what we need. A WR with nagging injuries.

****ing hooray.
But hes so good
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #435
Mahomes Dynasty

Veach sits in his office and plays Madden Ultimate Team.

Then he calls ATL and tries to trade for Julio.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.