Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #2
Needs more middle fingers

I thought Pattinson played an excellent Batman, but a poor Bruce Wayne.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:06 PM   #3
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I thought Pattinson played an excellent Batman, but a poor Bruce Wayne.
Exactly… He had that stupid Twilight look on his face without the mask. Bruce Wayne carry’s himself as a smart confident man not a whiny looking bitch…
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #4
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Exactly… He had that stupid Twilight look on his face without the mask. Bruce Wayne carry’s himself as a smart confident man not a whiny looking bitch…
Yup
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
That’s the point though.

He’s a “nocturnal animal”.

Bruce Wayne is his mask now, and he’s still learning how to be Bruce Wayne again, and he’s yet to realize the usefulness of Bruce Wayne to his overall goal.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:45 PM   #6
pie is never free

The Dark Knight didn't age well, lol thats news to me... TDK set the bar for everyone in every universe, and everyone else is just swimming in its wake IMO
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 03:30 AM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
The Dark Knight didn't age well, lol thats news to me... TDK set the bar for everyone in every universe, and everyone else is just swimming in its wake IMO
Yeah, The Dark Knight was a cinematic game changer in terms of blockbuster movies (regardless of its comic book/super hero genre). There is a reason its in the top 10 rated IMDB movies. So many movies have tried to emulate it over the years.

I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring choice but I wasn't prepared for him to give such a legendary/ iconic performance. His performance as the Joker was one for the ages.
Kudos to Christopher Nolan for letting Ledger go all out with that one. It absolutely sucks about his tragic death.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:54 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
If an actor's talent is judged by their transformative ability to make us only see the character and not the actor, I can't think of a finer performance than Heath Ledger's Joker.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:36 AM   #9
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
I don't see how you could ever to the conclusion that a 12 year old movie such as this hasn't aged well. The TDK series set the bar for every dark/more realistic super hero movie after it.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #10
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I actually prefer Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't really care about how he's supposed to be portrayed. But a socially stunted and awkward Wayne makes more sense to me than a guy who can slip into slick playboy mode at will. The dude's clearly ****ed up or he wouldn't do Batman stuff.

Keaton's Batman wasn't all that dissimilar to Pattinson's - he just played an older Bruce who had learned to put on a happy face. But he was very quiet and reserved, and not flamboyant at all. Vicky Vale easily picked up on the fact that there was something really off about him.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:28 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I actually prefer Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't really care about how he's supposed to be portrayed. But a socially stunted and awkward Wayne makes more sense to me than a guy who can slip into slick playboy mode at will. The dude's clearly ****ed up or he wouldn't do Batman stuff.

Keaton's Batman wasn't all that dissimilar to Pattinson's - he just played an older Bruce who had learned to put on a happy face. But he was very quiet and reserved, and not flamboyant at all. Vicky Vale easily picked up on the fact that there was something really off about him.
I gotta definitely agree. Pattinson's grungy "I don't give a shit what I look like" was a fresh take (and went perfectly with the use of Nirvana's "Something in the Way" being played in the background. Which was also fitting since he was an obsessed detective loner.

And the movie is called The Batman after all. Not "Good times with Bruce Wayne!". I'd much rather pay to see Batman solving a complex case full of mysterious riddles all while beating criminals into a bloody pulp until they can't move than say Bruce Wayne going on a boring date with Rachel Dawes or whoever the **** Marion Cotillard's character was (worse acting for a death scene ever . **** that shit.

Not to mention I really enjoyed the chemistry and exchanges between Pattinson & Zoe Kravitz in this. She was so much more likable than Anne Hathaway and the chemistry between Bale/Hathaway was pretty laughable in The Dark Knight Rises. You mean to tell me you're going to run away to Paris with a woman that set you up in a trap by giving you up to Bane? lol

Matt Reeves knocked it out of the ****ing park imo.

Last edited by sully1983; 04-21-2022 at 07:38 PM..
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #12
MVP

Sure I'll get crap for this, but I hated it. Shut it off halfway through. Tried to be harsh and gritty, but just felt overly dark and whispery trash. Someone tell the director that sepia should not be a theme for a movie. Just couldn't get in to it. Emo-Batman was just horribad. Ranking Batman's I'd have to say it's the 3rd worst, just ahead of Batfleck and Kilmer (or ahead of what I haven't been able to black out of those two). And the take on the Riddler was just boring. Found myself looking at my phone whenever he came on the scene, Almost fast-forwarded through the scene with the DA and the bomb because of him.

Absolutely loved The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix and was hoping for more of that kind of character driven darkness. Obviously that was a mistake on my part.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:51 AM   #13
11-5, baby

I watched this on Monday and then part of The Dark Night Tuesday.

Hot take: TDK hasn’t aged well and is highly overrated.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:29 AM   #14
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I thought it was overrated when it first came out.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 06:30 AM   #15
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Ranking Batman's I'd have to say it's the 3rd worst, just ahead of Batfleck and Kilmer.
Wow. Kilmer and Affleck were probably my favorite Batmen, even if their movies were pretty terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
I agree- pretty badass.

While Marvel / Disney is going woke- DC seems like they might have figured out what fans really want.
"You know who really knows what the people want? DC!"

Meanwhile Marvel/Disney owns 14 of the top 20 highest grossing films of all time. DC? 0. lol

You're a dipshit.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote