Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #4306
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And it BB managed to stump our boy for 1 half of football before he put on a friggen clinic.

The kid's just damn near unflappable. The only variable we haven't seen is the national landscape - the 2 weeks of media attention.

We've seen him overamped for prime-time games before. He's not completely immune to emotion. So the only real question is just how long it will take him to calm his nerves, trust his talent and rape some faces.

I suspect it won't be long.
I think that the AFC Championship game from last year showed him that he can’t do that. The slow start in Houston wasn’t on Mahomes. As long as the receivers don’t drop balls, the defense doesn’t take a huge shit or the special teams completely implode....I think we’ll be off to a good start on Sunday.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #4307
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Average sack time is an interesting thing to consider in this game.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-to-sack-stat/

Since 2016, Aaron Donald has the fastest average sack time amongst DTs in the league at 3.73 seconds. That’s the fastest by 2/10’s of a second (doesn’t sound like much, but it’s significant). With that, we can fairly safely assume the DTs for the 49ers will take at least 3.5 seconds to get to Pat if they can sack him.

Bosa and Ford are both pretty quick around the edge, but I would guess Fisher and Schwartz will slow them down even when Bosa/Ford win on occasion. I don’t see Ford having any free runs at the QB like he had against Andre Smith with the Cardinals last year. Schwartz and Fisher are too good to allow that to happen. Donald also led all players in average sack time last year with an average time of 3.6 seconds.

Given all of that, we can assume that Mahomes likely won’t be sacked in less than 3.5 seconds in the Super Bowl.

Since that’s just an average on plays that result in a sack, Mahomes will have more time than that on pretty much every play.

How long can the SF secondary hold up against these receivers and Mahomes’s lightning-quick decision making?

Last edited by smithandrew051; 01-29-2020 at 04:17 PM..
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #4308
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yeah, it's Daddy Shanahan's offense pretty much. Alex Gibbs' stretch zone.
Does that include the cut and chop blocks? Think they will be wearing red gloves (that match the Chiefs jerseys)?
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:11 PM   #4309
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
See that first TD pass against Tennessee?

He hits the LOS at full speed. No LB is going to track that. It's not an 'elite route', it's basically a fly route from off-tackle. No LB is going to cover that. Williams is no Kamara, but he's damned fast and an excellent receiver.
He didn't have a receiving TD against TN. Hill, Hill, Mahomes, Williams (rushing), Watkins.

It was the TD against Houston that you're thinking of and that play required a great design from Reid to get him open. It wasn't that he caught it on the move, it was that Kelce went out and rubbed the guy and that was supposed to sink into that zone and then Watkins got in his way on a crosser. It was a brilliantly designed play.

That's why I say he can be schemed into dangerous spots. Meanwhile Kamara can damn near line up as a WR and simply use his feet to create space. Williams isn't that.

He's faster and more powerful than he's given credit for; his balance is especially surprising (when he's running hard). But like I said, he's a complementary piece more than anything - a system player. He's not someone I think will often go create his own space.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #4310
MVP

Quote:
He didn't have a receiving TD against TN. Hill, Hill, Mahomes, Williams (rushing), Watkins.

It was the TD against Houston that you're thinking of and that play required a great design from Reid to get him open. It wasn't that he caught it on the move, it was that Kelce went out and rubbed the guy and that was supposed to sink into that zone and then Watkins got in his way on a crosser. It was a brilliantly designed play.

That's why I say he can be schemed into dangerous spots. Meanwhile Kamara can damn near line up as a WR and simply use his feet to create space. Williams isn't that.

He's faster and more powerful than he's given credit for; his balance is especially surprising (when he's running hard). But like I said, he's a complementary piece more than anything - a system player. He's not someone I think will often go create his own space.
correct, yes, Houston.

I'm not saying he's anything more than that.

I'm saying that if you bracket and blanket everyone else downfield, we can eat you alive on plays just like that one.

What I'm saying is that you literally cannot take away everything from this offense. We just have too many ways to beat you.

The only way we lose is if we come out like we did against Houston, and just shit down our collective legs for a quarter.

I suspect the team was a little tight; trying too hard.

I don't think that happens again.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #4311
Andy Reid Supporter

Think you’ll see plays like this one Sunday. You have no idea what to do as a pass rusher bc the ball could be 3 places in a matter of 2 seconds.

It’s hard as hell to keep track of all of these guys and maintain gap integrity on a play design like this

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #4312
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
correct, yes, Houston.

I'm not saying he's anything more than that.

I'm saying that if you bracket and blanket everyone else downfield, we can eat you alive on plays just like that one.

What I'm saying is that you literally cannot take away everything from this offense. We just have too many ways to beat you.

The only way we lose is if we come out like we did against Houston, and just shit down our collective legs for a quarter.

I suspect the team was a little tight; trying too hard.

I don't think that happens again.
Execute. Perfect execution can stop enough plays in any given drive to force a punt.

Watch the Watkins TD - that play was defended well. If the NCB doesn't just !@#$ up the coverage there and fall down, there's just about nothing available on that play.

Now granted, it's impossible to just call the right play every time, but do it often enough and you'll force 4-5 punts over the course of a game and it might be enough.

You're right - nobody's holding this offense to a significant degree. But if they can just stall things a bit they can call it a win.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #4313
MVP

Quote:
Execute. Perfect execution can stop enough plays in any given drive to force a punt.

Watch the Watkins TD - that play was defended well. If the NCB doesn't just !@#$ up the coverage there and fall down, there's just about nothing available on that play.

Now granted, it's impossible to just call the right play every time, but do it often enough and you'll force 4-5 punts over the course of a game and it might be enough.

You're right - nobody's holding this offense to a significant degree. But if they can just stall things a bit they can call it a win.
It'll take a lot more than that for the 9'ers to win.

We have a nasty defense of our own now.

There's just no ****ing way barring a bunch of dropped passes and stupid turnovers that we lose this game. None.

Now, that can always happen. It's true.

But that's what it would take.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #4314
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford View Post
Think they will be wearing red gloves (that match the Chiefs jerseys)?
That would be a sneaky thing to do, sure wouldn’t put it past them...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:51 PM   #4315
In Search of a Life

Fisher and Mitch nullify top tier pass rushers. Bosa this Bosa that. They have played multiple elite elite edge rushers this year.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #4316
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
Fisher and Mitch nullify top tier pass rushers. Bosa this Bosa that. They have played multiple elite elite edge rushers this year.
Yeah.. I was scared of Mack when we played the Bears.. Thought he could wreak shit but he was a non factor...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #4317
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu
@Mathieu_Era
Can’t spend no time on the beach. I’m tryna reward myself.

Quote:
Frank Clark
@TheRealFrankC_
Been there done that, tryna do something I’ve never done!

FOCUSED
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #4318
In Search of a Life

I’m surprised we made it here without our best defensive player in BREELAND SPEAKS!!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:42 PM   #4319
11-5, baby

More QB scrambles for 1st downs, pls.

“ What if things do break down, enough to make Mahomes consider bailing out of the pocket altogether? Well, the 49ers allowed the third-most rushing yards to quarterbacks this season, so I have some ideas.”
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #4320
Starter

Quote:
It'll take a lot more than that for the 9'ers to win.

We have a nasty defense of our own now.

There's just no ****ing way barring a bunch of dropped passes and stupid turnovers that we lose this game. None.

Now, that can always happen. It's true.

But that's what it would take.
Just impossible the team that scored more points in regular season, never went down double digits to wild card teams could win. I don’t even know why they are playing Sunday
Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Nolimit < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 8     Reply With Quote