Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:24 AM   #42736
In Search of a Life

Not totally sure how I feel about this, need to digest and read again before I comment.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:25 AM   #42737
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Most of those studies are using the ****ing cruise ship as their model and come out with a 25% MOE. Excuse me for not taking those models seriously.
I'm talking about the studies they did on whole towns in Germany and Italy.

Also we know IFR is generally from .5%-1% at least in the early days when people weren't socially distancing. You can use that to calculate the actual spread.

It always seems to come in around 10x actual cases vs. confirmed. Now it could be 5x sure. But it's not 1x.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #42738
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
There's some interesting data about the 20-30 percent going around. I think or atleast hope it's correct. We'd be closer to the end of this than we think.

It doesn't mean we can open wide back to normal, but it would allow us to ideally get pretty close to it.
Kids going back to school is going to open up a whole bunch of new households who were otherwise socially distancing and not in the 20-30%.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #42739
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
There's some interesting data about the 20-30 percent going around. I think or atleast hope it's correct. We'd be closer to the end of this than we think.

It doesn't mean we can open wide back to normal, but it would allow us to ideally get pretty close to it.
If HI begins at 20 to 30%, and we are close to that, when would you expect cases to begin really dropping, and at what rate?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #42740
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
If HI begins at 20 to 30%, and we are close to that, when would you expect cases to begin really dropping, and at what rate?
Honestly, I don't know.

I would think it would be similar to what we saw in NYC and are seeing in Houston and Miami at this point, or atleast are beginning to see.

I hate to bring it up again, but Sweden might be an example of how we'd see it drop once it hits that rate as thats about where they're seroprevalance puts them at.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #42741
Kind of a mod

Quote:
It's tough because some areas are probably close to it while others aren't, so making a blanket statement about where "we" are isn't really all that informative.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #42742
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know.

I would think it would be similar to what we saw in NYC and are seeing in Houston and Miami at this point, or atleast are beginning to see.

I hate to bring it up again, but Sweden might be an example of how we'd see it drop once it hits that rate as thats about where they're seroprevalance puts them at.
At this point, I think Belarus is a better example. They did jack shit. Sweden did (and is doing) a lot, even if it wasn't as extreme as what everyone else did.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #42743
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Kids going back to school is going to open up a whole bunch of new households who were otherwise socially distancing and not in the 20-30%.
I just don't think so, if thats all we relax. We've not seen that else where really yet
Old 08-14-2020, 09:43 AM   #42744
In Search of a Life

Long read but good one.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #42745
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's tough because some areas are probably close to it while others aren't, so making a blanket statement about where "we" are isn't really all that informative.
Yeah, it's just such a large ass diverse area we're looking at.

There is a great breakdown statistically of Louisiana. They were thought to have a 2nd peak, but when broken down, it wasn't a "2nd" one as much as it's just areas not been hit getting their first.

No where has really had a 2nd wave yet so that gives me hope that immunity is playing some part.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #42746
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
At this point, I think Belarus is a better example. They did jack shit. Sweden did (and is doing) a lot, even if it wasn't as extreme as what everyone else did.
I hadn't looked at them until now. I haven't seen a curve like that any where else.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #42747
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I hadn't looked at them until now. I haven't seen a curve like that any where else.
Yeah, I hadn't paid much attention either until I ran across this site:

https://ourworldindata.org/policy-responses-covid

If you scroll back and forth on the map, you'll see the Belarus is the only country in the world that stays yellow the whole time. I'm kind of surprised they haven't been more of a focus, though I don't know if there are data quality issues there or something that make it a non-ideal case study.

EDIT: And Nicaragua as well it seems. Haven't dug into them much, but they stay yellow as well.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #42748
New and Improved

Quote:
Yeah, I hadn't paid much attention either until I ran across this site:

https://ourworldindata.org/policy-responses-covid

If you scroll back and forth on the map, you'll see the Belarus is the only country in the world that stays yellow the whole time. I'm kind of surprised they haven't been more of a focus, though I don't know if there are data quality issues there or something that make it a non-ideal case study.

EDIT: And Nicaragua as well it seems. Haven't dug into them much, but they stay yellow as well.

I don't know how much I'd trust any info coming out of Belarus.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #42749
"Think BOOM!"

Any attempt to get coronavirus herd immunity would lead to massive death tolls, Fauci warns

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/healt...day/index.html
Old 08-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #42750
In Search of a Life

Yeah, that CNN article is kinda blah.

If it takes 70-90 percent to get there, we're a ways off but we'd be seeing things in Belarus or Sweden, or Italy or anywhere thats opened up a little even after a spike go off the rails.