Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #42691
In Search of a Life

A true N95 that would be FDA approved shouldn't have a vent. They suck to breath in, but that's why they are what they are.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #42692
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
A true N95 that would be FDA approved shouldn't have a vent. They suck to breath in, but that's why they are what they are.
Even the knock off KN95 I've been wearing when I leave my office is a bitch to breathe in. I've been wearing the surgical mask over it too. I typically don't have it on very long so it's not a huge issue.

I still can't get my KN95 to seal very well around my nose either for whatever reason.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #42693
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Bars are a likely contributor for sure. But these are largely small businesses...how long can we keep them shut down?

As far as the smaller gatherings you're referencing, people were cooped up and isolated all spring, at some point we are going to socialize again. It's human nature. And no one is going to wear a mask in their own home.

Again, we're at the limit of what the general public will reasonably accept. It's an inconvenient truth.
While I don't disagree with what you are saying, the initial comment was "either masks aren't working, or there is something else is going on" and these are just justifications for people not wearing them.

Its like going on a diet and gaining weight, then saying the "diet doesn't work" until someone points out that you ate 3 pieces of cake every night. Yeah its not easy, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work if done right.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #42694
Woman should only make babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
While I don't disagree with what you are saying, the initial comment was "either masks aren't working, or there is something else is going on" and these are just justifications for people not wearing them.

Its like going on a diet and gaining weight, then saying the "diet doesn't work" until someone points out that you ate 3 pieces of cake every night. Yeah its not easy, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work if done right.
I feel attackes
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #42695
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Even the knock off KN95 I've been wearing when I leave my office is a bitch to breathe in. I've been wearing the surgical mask over it too. I typically don't have it on very long so it's not a huge issue.

I still can't get my KN95 to seal very well around my nose either for whatever reason.
Do you have facial hair? They won't seal if you do.

I wear one basically all day. It sucks ass.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #42696
Mod Team

Quote:

Um, everyone on CP has facial hair.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #42697
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Um, everyone on CP has facial hair.
No I do not.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #42698
Life is changing..

Quote:

I do indeed. Only place I can feel air coming out of the mask is at like the bridge of my nose.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #42699
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
No I do not.
Thank goodness.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #42700
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post
No I do not.
Same
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #42701
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I do indeed. Only place I can feel air coming out of the mask is at like the bridge of my nose.
Face size and shape affect fitting , at work have 7 different modelsof n95 in out dept of 12 people, we getting fitted yearly .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #42702
Ain't no relax!

Kansas City mayor extends State of Emergency, including mask order until January 16

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas along with Kansas City Health Department Director Rex Archer announced Thursday that the State of Emergency in the city, including the mandatory mask order due to COVID-19 has been extended to January 16, 2021.

“Until there’s a widely available vaccine, COVID-19 is here to stay—with serious potential health consequences for those infected,” Lucas said. “Mask-wearing, social distancing and basic hygiene continue to be the most effective way to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and we appreciate all who take their personal responsibility to protect their family, friends and neighbors seriously. I will continue to work with Dr. Archer and our City health leaders to take any decisive action necessary—especially as we head into the fall and winter months—to best protect our community.”
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #42703
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post

They're not working as we're being instructed to use them. Sorry.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #42704
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
They're not working as we're being instructed to use them. Sorry.
You probably shouldn't wear one then.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #42705
Life is changing..

The models are all over the place this week.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...asting-us.html