Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #4246
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
What does it matter how much I care about the fatality rate? It is what it is. How much I care isn't going to change that part of it.

Moving on . . .

You and Donger and the other guy are overreacting to my use of the example of the common cold. I never said it's as lethal or whatever as the common cold. But it's certainly a lot less lethal than ebola. Where's your outrage for his use of Ebola?

What I was trying to communicate was that this thing will ultimately spread much like rhinovirus. That everyone at some point will come into contact with it. And that ultimately younger people will get it, and get over it, much like younger people get over the cold or the flu. That was extent of my comparison.

You people are the ones trying to reinterpret what I meant.
Not everyone has gotten, SARS, H1N1 or influenza.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #4247
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Do you know what the R0 figures are for both the common rhinovirus and SARS-CoV-2 are?
Off the top of my head no. Not really priority info in my world. Why don't you tell me . . .
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #4248
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Off the top of my head no. Not really priority info in my world. Why don't you tell me . . .
Sure, I'll be happy to. But first, do you know what R0 means and why it's important?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #4249
MVP

Quote:
What does it matter how much I care about the fatality rate? It is what it is. How much I care isn't going to change that part of it.

Moving on . . .

You and Donger and the other guy are overreacting to my use of the example of the common cold. I never said it's as lethal or whatever as the common cold. But it's certainly a lot less lethal than ebola. Where's your outrage for his use of Ebola?

What I was trying to communicate was that this thing will ultimately spread much like rhinovirus. That everyone at some point will come into contact with it. And that ultimately younger people will get it, and get over it, much like younger people get over the cold or the flu. That was extent of my comparison.

You people are the ones trying to reinterpret what I meant.

I think everyone is struggling to interpret what you mean.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:58 PM
patteeu
This message has been deleted by patteeu.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #4250
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Not everyone has gotten, SARS, H1N1 or influenza.
Most people in this country have had the flu at some point in their lives. And when I say most, I mean more than 50% of the population before they expire for whatever reason if they lived at least 25 years, probably have had a cold or the flu. And the vast majority of those people survive the experience. It's when you get old, or if you're very young, that the cold or flu is actually dangerous.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #4251
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

Yeah, everyone by now should know people under 50 years old and otherwise healthy will get over it with no complications... there's been very little concern about that part of the population.

The concern is regarding spreading it to anyone over 50 or has underlying health conditions, potential lock downs (the hoarding, obviously), and the strain on healthcare if it were to spread like it has in other countries.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #4252
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Sure, I'll be happy to. But first, do you know what R0 means and why it's important?
reverse osmosis.

Why do you insist on trying to make everyone take a quiz?
Old 03-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #4253
Would an idiot do that?

That was funny, patteeu.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #4254
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, everyone by now should know people under 50 years old and otherwise healthy will get over it with no complications... there's been very little concern about that part of the population.

The concern is regarding spreading it to anyone over 50 or has underlying health conditions, potential lock downs (the hoarding, obviously), and the strain on healthcare if it were to spread like it has in other countries.
I'm very concerned about the population over age 50. Well, I'm concerned about a few of us. Mostly me and my wife.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #4255
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
reverse osmosis.

Why do you insist on trying to make everyone take a quiz?
You seem to be under the impression that SARS-CoV-2 spreads as easily as the common rhinovirus. If you knew what the R0 figures are for each, you'd know that that isn't the case at all, or remotely, thankfully.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #4256
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm very concerned about the population over age 50. Well, I'm concerned about a few of us. Mostly me and my wife.
ED provider in critical condition due to Covid-19

https://www.acep.org/corona/covid-19...fzzRtsR8HJf7No

This erroneous statement that people under 50 aren't getting seriously ill is ridiculous
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:04 PM   #4257
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

I'm over 50 and I'm a smoker. Not as much as I used to, now pretty much just when I go out, so a couple times a week or every two weeks, but there it is.

The fact is that I have a much higher chance of dying from this thing than many of you, especially if you're under 40 or whatever.

But getting emotional about it does nothing. It's a waste of everyone's time. Acting irrational is worse. I'm going to live my life as normally as possible. I can't work from home. And I'm not going to hide from the world because I might get this thing and it might kill me. I'm 51; life's too short to hole up in a bunker hoping this goes away.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #4258
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that SARS-CoV-2 spreads as easily as the common rhinovirus. If you knew what the R0 figures are for each, you'd know that that isn't the case at all, or remotely, thankfully.
When did I mention SARS?
Old 03-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #4259
MVP

Quote:
When did I mention SARS?
I think we're done here
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #4260
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Also, before you answer that question, what is the average speed of an unladen swallow?