Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2023, 11:03 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]

Interesting

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:31 AM   #4231
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
A good majority of people on here who bitch just want something to bitch about. If we would have went full offense....Veach would be wasting Mahomes with the defense being shitty. If he spent money on WR and the defense...then Mahomes would be running for his life and it would be Veach's fault. You're already seeing what happens when he didn't stack the WR room.
I don’t think adding a bandaid at wr prevented us from doing anything above. Not nearly as much as we’re being sold. It’s a short term deal at a fraction of the cost of a blue chip WR.

What is really the risk here? That a few years down the road we’ll have a year of cap pain? I think this is a deflection that we didn’t do this bexause of money, when let’s be real this move wasn’t made largely because of miscalculated overconfidence in the wr room we already had
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:33 AM   #4232
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I would have restructured Mahomes as soon as DeAndre Hopkins was available to afford his 2 year 26mil contract. It's documented in this thread.
I think this is a money thing with Clark. According to this article Mahomes has made $273 million in guaranteed money since he signed in 2020.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/18/f...eal/index.html

Clark isn't the Walton's. He's not super wealthy. And to be fair that's a shit load of gauranteed money. $68.25 million a season avg. Pretty sure that's coming out of Clark's wallet.

They can't not ever pay Mahomes the meat of his contract. That's not how it works
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:36 AM   #4233
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think this is a money thing with Clark. According to this article Mahomes has made $273 million in guaranteed money since he signed in 2020.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/18/f...eal/index.html

Clark isn't the Walton's. He's not super wealthy. And to be fair that's a shit load of gauranteed money. $68.25 million a season avg. Pretty sure that's coming out of Clark's wallet.

They can't not ever pay Mahomes the meat of his contract. That's not how it works
When it comes to the 40mil over 4 years that Mahomes restructured for at the end of the off season, I understand Clark not wanting to front that much. That's a lot.

But it wouldn't have taken a lot of money fronted to afford Hopkins depending on how big we wanted to make his year 1 cap number be.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:38 AM   #4234
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
What? You are truly clueless... Wylie was basically replaced by Donovan Smith. Taylor was replacing OBJ...
How in the world could it be hard to follow? Mahomes made this same WR room that everyone is now throwing an absolute fit about, barring a switch from JJSS to Rice, work en route to an MVP and Super Bowl championship last year. Same thing with Wylie at RT. That's why I was mocking the justification of just keeping Wylie at RT when it worked last year.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:39 AM   #4235
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I don’t think adding a bandaid at wr prevented us from doing anything above. Not nearly as much as we’re being sold. It’s a short term deal at a fraction of the cost of a blue chip WR.

What is really the risk here? That a few years down the road we’ll have a year of cap pain? I think this is a deflection that we didn’t do this bexause of money, when let’s be real this move wasn’t made largely because of miscalculated overconfidence in the wr room we already had
Yes, and at the time the right decision. If we could have signed and restructured Jones to the number he and his agents were originally talking, we would probably have Hopkins here. It then comes down to deciding if we could win with the group we had with no cap room and not kicking the can down the road and they said yes. Obviously, this hasn't panned out as planned. That being said, these should have, would have, could have posts aren't being written after a playoff loss, but while we still have a puncher's chance in the playoffs.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:44 AM   #4236
The man you could post like.

Jawaan absolutely does need to clean up the penalties but he also got absolutely ****ed by the league wanting to make an example out of him. He had FIVE accepted penalties against him after the Jaguars game (No other week he's had more than 2) and the illegal formation penalties completely stopped after the Bears game.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:45 AM   #4237
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
How in the world could it be hard to follow? Mahomes made this same WR room that everyone is now throwing an absolute fit about, barring a switch from JJSS to Rice, work en route to an MVP and Super Bowl championship last year. Same thing with Wylie at RT. That's why I was mocking the justification of just keeping Wylie at RT when it worked last year.
and a rookie at LT? We signed Taylor to be the main guy at RT or LT? At that point we could have resigned Wylie for RT and played Taylor at LT, but Wylie was more expensive than signing Donovan Smith.

The analogy you're trying to portray would actually be Wayna Morris replacing OBJ, and resigning Wylie at RT?
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:48 AM   #4238
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
When it comes to the 40mil over 4 years that Mahomes restructured for at the end of the off season, I understand Clark not wanting to front that much. That's a lot.

But it wouldn't have taken a lot of money fronted to afford Hopkins depending on how big we wanted to make his year 1 cap number be.
I know this is big time wishful thinking. But I also kind of think at some point mahomes will take a mahomes discount. I think he was kind of bullied into taking a substantial pay raise to begin with. I hold absolutely positively nothing against him if he doesn’t, because nobody ever really does. But how can he go through a year like this and not wonder what kind of weapons we could give him if we had just a little more space.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:53 AM   #4239
Indian Twitter

There's so much stupid shit being posted it makes my head hurt worse than the covid I have does.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:53 AM   #4240
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I know this is big time wishful thinking. But I also kind of think at some point mahomes will take a mahomes discount. I think he was kind of bullied into taking a substantial pay raise to begin with. I hold absolutely positively nothing against him if he doesn’t, because nobody ever really does. But how can he go through a year like this and not wonder what kind of weapons we could give him if we had just a little more space.
I agree. I was surprised he got the bump this year and do think the National media pressured that decision.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:57 AM   #4241
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
I will admit I was against this. I was duped into believing the WR room would work. WE have pressed harder for Hopkins.
When will people realize the timing made this literally impossible?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:59 AM   #4242
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
and a rookie at LT? We signed Taylor to be the main guy at RT or LT? At that point we could have resigned Wylie for RT and played Taylor at LT, but Wylie was more expensive than signing Donovan Smith.

The analogy you're trying to portray would actually be Wayna Morris replacing OBJ, and resigning Wylie at RT?
And while we were looking for a LT and a RT, it was months and months before Hopkins got released.

Wylie has been complete ass in Washington BTW.

Again the revisionist history here is just reeruned.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:22 AM   #4243
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
I will admit I was against this. I was duped into believing the WR room would work. WE have pressed harder for Hopkins.
Me too and I admitted it.

Some people here act like they are ALWAYS right.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:29 AM   #4244
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Sorry, just correcting DHop's season stat totals. My bad.

Quote:
Deandre Hopkins has already eclipsed his numbers from last season, 717yds/898yds, 3 TDs/6TDs, etc. and so on. On pace for 1,180 yds, 8 TDs. Playing for TEN, as their only weapon. Getting double and triple-teamed on every snap., or drawing DB1. With three of the worst QBs in the league.

Dude is still sick.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:32 AM   #4245
Consuming CP souls

It made me sick we missed on him. Homer goggles them got in the way. Why do we listen to camp reports from clueless homer hacks again?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.