Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM  
Life is changing..

Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator

TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:30 AM   #4201
offense > defense

I'm not absolving Spags by any means, but mentioning defenses like the Eagles is ridiculous.

With our talent deficiencies, there's no good scheme. We cannot pressure the QB without blitzing, so blitz? Obviously we'll give up big plays. Sit back and play coverage? Obviously we'll give up 1st down after 1st down.

I wouldn't hate replacing him, but there's a lot more turnover needed than that. Hopefully they understand that and go hard in the offseason to bring the D closer to league average than the same dogshit year after year. It's crystal clear 15 will make the offense good enough with anyone. F overpaying Juju or anyone else. Pray some guy can be a competent LT. Let Skyy, Toney etc battle it out. And invest heavily on the DL and secondary.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 08:57 AM   #4202
Praise Him

get rid of Spags
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:04 AM   #4203
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
I'm not absolving Spags by any means, but mentioning defenses like the Eagles is ridiculous.

With our talent deficiencies, there's no good scheme. We cannot pressure the QB without blitzing, so blitz? Obviously we'll give up big plays. Sit back and play coverage? Obviously we'll give up 1st down after 1st down.

I wouldn't hate replacing him, but there's a lot more turnover needed than that. Hopefully they understand that and go hard in the offseason to bring the D closer to league average than the same dogshit year after year. It's crystal clear 15 will make the offense good enough with anyone. F overpaying Juju or anyone else. Pray some guy can be a competent LT. Let Skyy, Toney etc battle it out. And invest heavily on the DL and secondary.
While they can always look to improve the secondary, I don’t think they need to invest heavily in it. DLine? Absolutely! Same with LT/RT. We get pressure on the QB without blitzing and our secondary will look much better.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:00 AM   #4204
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post

I don't agree. I think some schemes are better than others when you have a QB like Mahomes.

The scheme Spags is playing right now forces teams to kill us by papercuts. They eat up clock, they limit the possessions, and really good QBs pick us apart anyway.

If the Chiefs play hyperaggressive on D, which is what I'd favor this year, you're limiting the amount of time per snap the QBs hold the ball and wait for the receivers to come open. It's going to burn you a lot, but it's going to reduce their time of possession.

It'll up Mahomes' time of possession, increase the number of his possessions per game, and force teams to beat Mahomes in a shootout. Shootouts he'll win 90% of the time.

Instead they are obsessing with taking the big play away, and it's allowing teams to chew clock and put more pressure than necessary on Mahomes.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:02 AM   #4205
In Search of a Life

I think the defense is fine, if the offense would quit turning the ball over
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:08 AM   #4206
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I don't agree. I think some schemes are better than others when you have a QB like Mahomes.

The scheme Spags is playing right now forces teams to kill us by papercuts. They eat up clock, they limit the possessions, and really good QBs pick us apart anyway.

If the Chiefs play hyperaggressive on D, which is what I'd favor this year, you're limiting the amount of time per snap the QBs hold the ball and wait for the receivers to come open. It's going to burn you a lot, but it's going to reduce their time of possession.

It'll up Mahomes' time of possession, increase the number of his possessions per game, and force teams to beat Mahomes in a shootout. Shootouts he'll win 90% of the time.

Instead they are obsessing with taking the big play away, and it's allowing teams to chew clock and put more pressure than necessary on Mahomes.
LOLWHUT?!

I have zero idea what games you're watching. We blitz like mad. Like crazy. INSANE. We leave our rookie secondary one on one CONSTANTLY. Jailbreak blitzes, 5 rush, 6 rush, zone blitzes, you name it. Kitchen ****ing sink, man.

We almost NEVER just sit back in two deep and take away the deep ball. The only time I remember doing that with any regularity was the first half of the Bengals game. And after a half of getting burnt with it, we went back to blitzing like mad.

I really don't understand this football take at all.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:17 AM   #4207
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
LOLWHUT?!

I have zero idea what games you're watching. We blitz like mad. Like crazy. INSANE. We leave our rookie secondary one on one CONSTANTLY. Jailbreak blitzes, 5 rush, 6 rush, zone blitzes, you name it. Kitchen ****ing sink, man.

We almost NEVER just sit back in two deep and take away the deep ball. The only time I remember doing that with any regularity was the first half of the Bengals game. And after a half of getting burnt with it, we went back to blitzing like mad.

There is more to the football field than what you see on the broadcast. All 22 shows the Chiefs drop a lot and take the deep ball away.

Spags is splitting the difference this season, between blitzing and dropping deep. There's a reason the Chiefs are among league leaders in big plays given up.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:29 AM   #4208
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan View Post
get rid of Spags
Can we get rid of you instead?
CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #4209
Andy Reid Supporter

It’s the pass rush. You can’t expect Spags to have enough blitz packages every game to cover for a pass rush that isn’t getting home. There’s enough tape for Em teams to exploit it like Denver did on the long screen TD.

This off-season has to be about adding to the pas rush
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:39 AM   #4210
Veteran

My only complaint, and one that had been mentioned before, is the poor tackling and defensive back technique. How often do we see a Chiefs player throw a shoulder at a RB or TE and simply bounce off or try to tackle someone bigger than them high? What about the DBs turning their heads to look for the ball? Unless you are Travis Kelce, throwing your arms up and running into the offensive player is going to result in a DPI 99.9% of the time. The receiver has a better chance of dropping the ball.

The Chiefs defense is a product of their continued success. How long has it been since the Chiefs drafted in the top 20, 10, 5? These players simply aren't available and teams that get them aren't giving them away for peanuts so the Chiefs can have a top 5 offense AND defense.

Some of it probably is scheme; we compare the Chiefs to the Patriots and their success. That team always seems to have a good defense, yet, without an elite QB, they aren't scaring anyone. They do seem better able to find players that fit their scheme and be successful. They also seem to know when to drop a player for maximum return.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #4211
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It’s the pass rush. You can’t expect Spags to have enough blitz packages every game to cover for a pass rush that isn’t getting home. There’s enough tape for Em teams to exploit it like Denver did on the long screen TD.

This off-season has to be about adding to the pas rush
1/3 of our sacks come from blitzes that Spags dials up.

1/3.

Go up against QBs who roast the blitz, like Allen and Burrow, and you magically see how exposed the DL is.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:16 AM   #4212
Consuming CP souls

It's not "fine"
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #4213
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
LOLWHUT?!

Direction is a complete imbecile at evaluating foot ball
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #4214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
There is more to the football field than what you see on the broadcast. All 22 shows the Chiefs drop a lot and take the deep ball away.

Spags is splitting the difference this season, between blitzing and dropping deep. There's a reason the Chiefs are among league leaders in big plays given up.
So are you saying they've given up the most big plays or have given up the fewest?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:37 AM   #4215
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So are you saying they've given up the most big plays or have given up the fewest?
My apologies for not being clear.

They're among the league leaders in preventing the big play.