Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:15 PM   #4171
Admitted Planet Junky

What do you guys think if ammoseek? They have some for $ .22 a round and up as ridiculous as that is actually.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:16 PM   #4172
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Wish I could help. Haven't bought a round of .22lr in over a year. After the last panic (2013), once it got back down to $30/brick (2015?), I started buying a couple bricks a month until I had enough for 3 years, if I fired at least 100 rds every range trip. that's what I'm shooting mostly now.

If things are going basically the way they did after the 2013 panic, probably won't see .22lr until at least this summer. It has the smallest margin; I doubt anyone's actually producing any right now.
That seems rather optimistic to me. Of course I’m in the [probably] rather small group that thinks we have probably already lost the country and it is only going to get worse from here. So consider where my opinions are coming from.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #4173
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I hope more cheap-labor countries see this opportunity and begin to fill the gap our American manufacturers can't fill. Many of the central American countries could do their citizens a service becoming a supplier for a product we can't get.
A lot of .22 is already made elsewhere. Norma (Sweden), Aguila (Mexico), Tula/Wolf (Russia), etc. And they aren't making it right now. Probably anyway. literally no money in it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #4174
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
A lot of .22 is already made elsewhere. Norma (Sweden), Aguila (Mexico), Tula/Wolf (Russia), etc. And they aren't making it right now. Probably anyway. literally no money in it.
Evidently they're not making much at all.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #4175
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Evidently they're not making much at all.
Well, it's coming from somewhere. Every time I go to the shooting club, they have shelves of 9mm, .45 acp, .380, etc., but it's pricey. And the rubes are buying it. $40-$50/box, limit 2 boxes/customer. Sometimes 1 per customer. But the less mainstream rounds (.357 SIG, .40 S&W, 460, ETC.) have disappeared. Again, just like last time, I doubt we'll see that kind of ammo for at least 4-6 months.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:31 PM   #4176
Admitted Planet Junky

I guess sgammo got some in. I looked on ammoseek and it showed some on sgammo. I bought 1000 rounds for $189.95. I can't believe I just paid that much for .22 ammo.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:31 PM   #4177

Quote:
Well, it's coming from somewhere. Every time I go to the shooting club, they have shelves of 9mm, .45 acp, .380, etc., but it's pricey. And the rubes are buying it. $40-$50/box, limit 2 boxes/customer. Sometimes 1 per customer. But the less mainstream rounds (.357 SIG, .40 S&W, 460, ETC.) have disappeared. Again, just like last time, I doubt we'll see that kind of ammo for at least 4-6 months.
OK... I'm just thinking that putting some Nicaraguans or Costa Ricans to work making .243 and .30-06, until American manufacturers can start getting it back on shelves more reliably, would be nice. It would provide opportunity for countries in need of getting their people working.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #4178
Admitted Planet Junky

If you watch this they will tell you they are making more than they have ever made. That the demand has gone up so dramatically that it is impossible to keep up at this point. It is a pretty good video.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #4179
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
OK... I'm just thinking that putting some Nicaraguans or Costa Ricans to work making .243 and .30-06, until American manufacturers can start getting it back on shelves more reliably, would be nice. It would provide opportunity for countries in need of getting their people working.
It could happen. It didn't last time, or the time before that, so I'm guessing it's not that easy. It could be legality, or it could be logistical. Either way, the times this happened before we didn't see a crop of new manufacturers just suddenly appear on the shelves here.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #4180
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I guess sgammo got some in. I looked on ammoseek and it showed some on sgammo. I bought 1000 rounds for $189.95. I can't believe I just paid that much for .22 ammo.
$95/brick. Just under a brick, actually. That's insane.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
If you watch this they will tell you they are making more than they have ever made. That the demand has gone up so dramatically that it is impossible to keep up at this point. It is a pretty good video.

Yep, it's a great video. I'm just hoping some enterprising nations, and their people in need, enter the arena and help with the lag in production so people can get hunting rounds. But like we've heard, and I suspect people are right, they've replaced production of many of those "hunting" rounds (.243, .30-06, .270, 7mm, 6.5....) with rounds like .223, 9mm, and .45.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:06 PM   #4182

Quote:
It could happen. It didn't last time, or the time before that, so I'm guessing it's not that easy. It could be legality, or it could be logistical. Either way, the times this happened before we didn't see a crop of new manufacturers just suddenly appear on the shelves here.
That's too bad. I really wish they could ramp-up quickly and help America with this pressing shortage.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #4183
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I really wish they could ramp-up quickly and help America with this pressing shortage.
On the same page about that, sir.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #4184

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #4185
sorta mod-ish

Found a site selling 9mm hollow point at $70 for 50 rounds. That felt....excessive, so I didn't bite.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.