Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:00 PM   #4141
King Shit of **** Mountain

Still crying about 5-1. Amazing.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 12:06 PM   #4142
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Oh I'm being obtuse? The ****ing irony.

You all offseason:

"The Chiefs need a WR1"

*the Chiefs draft a WR who looks like a possible WR1, and at the very least a very high end WR2, just 6 games into his career*

You: but it doesn't solve the problems of the rest of the room!

You are just moving the goalposts because you're absolutely obsessed with this subject/narrative, and you just want to keep arguing and being overly critical while pretending like you're happy with Rice.
I'm not moving the goalposts any more than you are.

The Chiefs needed a WR1. I don't know if Rashee will be. But he definitely fits the bill for a primary target/Juju replacement. I applauded the pick from the beginning. And I'm glad people see why I badly wanted a primary target. THere is so much playbook we can open up IF he reaches his potential.

If you claim Rashee is progressing way faster than expected, I agree. And awesome. But that also means you expected us to lean on our current WR room (minus Rashee) all season. There was huge overconfidence in Mahomes/Reid to carry the offense and to spread the ball even without a primary target. In fact, there was fear a good WR would VULTURE targets from our current room. I'm happy to see that myth busted.

When I say it doesn't fix underlying problems I am talking about the rest of the room. And it's voicing frustration that, since you mentioned "talking out both sides of the mouth", some insist that things will bumpy while at the point relentlessly defending EXPECTED bad WR play. Now to the point where we're shifting a lot of the blame to Mahomes. He deserves plenty of blame but without a doubt the lion's share goes to a WR room that by and large hasn't been good.

And yeah, Rashee is a great fix but it doesn't solve everything. I hated that the Chiefs surrounded Tyreek with JAGs so I never said WR1 alone solves everything. And I've been vocal all offseason about how we have to have to have to stop overusing Kelce at his age. And yet here we are with no choice but to pepper a hobbling 34-year old warrior with targets. But whatever... I don't love it, but it's fine. Band-aid.

If you agree that Rashee gets us to last year's level but that we should keep focusing on WRs in the future (even if strictly through the draft), good. We're on the same page and I'm more than happy to live with what we have this year. But that is only because there is now a common understanding that we do need a primary WR target - ideally a true WR1 (not just casually hoping we back into one), we can't just spread the ball around to a bunch of guys who don't neatly fall into x/y, and we have to lean way less on Kelce sooner rather than later. No, those points which are largely believed today were not largely believed going into the season.

Last edited by chiefzilla1501; 10-13-2023 at 12:11 PM..
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:07 PM   #4143
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Still crying about 5-1. Amazing.
No one is crying about 5-1. Just discussing a certain position group of the team. In a thread dedicated to that group.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #4144
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I hated that the Chiefs surrounded Tyreek with JAGs so I never said WR1 alone solves everything.
I found the problem.

This guy is playing Madden and we're talking about the actual NFL, where teams don't just grab a Patrick Mahomes, multiple WR1s, and a HoF TE.

We just need to trade some 2029 first rounders or some shit and get really stacked.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 12:20 PM   #4145
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm kinda curious here, for the detractors.

What WR room are you wanting the Chiefs to be comparable to? Like Seattle's? Or like the Bengals?

Whats the goal here.
I'm in the semi detractor camp.

Pre season I was all in on Toney to the extent he was healthy. I'm puzzled whether he is healthy or not. We haven't seen any highlight plays like we did last season.

Although his first game would have been a highlight reel without the weird drops.

But Rice is flashing nicely so no reason to think he won't be at least a WR2 and could even be a WR1 which would solve a lot of problems.

But as I've posted from time to time, I would like to see a path forward with KC's receiving corp that no longer relies on Kelce.

Maybe that's Rice. Maybe it needs to be a plan B.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:24 PM   #4146
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We don't HAVE to, no. But Reid clearly WANTS to.

So if we're going to have the gadget plays in there (we clearly are) and we're going to try to limit the wear on Toney (we clearly are) and he's the guy best suited to run said gadget plays (I believe he is) then that's where many of his snaps are going to be allocated.

Kindof a simple math problem. I mean sure, you can assume that any of those statements are false and if so the whole thing falls apart - but I don't think they are.

So it's boxing Toney into that role and out of more dynamic ones. I think Hardman can help obviate those issues. At that point we can still limit the wear on Toney by keeping his snaps down while using him downfield more. We can not 'waste pitches' on him for gadget plays that Hardman can run (and likely run more effectively) and Reid can keep those gadget plays in his playbook since I still think he uses those in large part to set up other stuff to work off them.
I'd love to bring Hardman back. Toney running these gadget plays are God damn reeruned and I don't understand wtf the team was talking about when they were talking about Toney being the number 1 receiver. They only seem to get him the ball on these stupid ass gadget plays.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:24 PM   #4147
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I found the problem.

This guy is playing Madden and we're talking about the actual NFL, where teams don't just grab a Patrick Mahomes, multiple WR1s, and a HoF TE.

We just need to trade some 2029 first rounders or some shit and get really stacked.
He clearly means drafting a Rice/Higgins/St. Brown type WR that would have cost a 2-4th round pick but would have been a bonafide WR2.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:25 PM   #4148
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
I hated that the Chiefs surrounded Tyreek with JAGs
Sammie wasn't a JAG.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:26 PM   #4149
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I'm in the semi detractor camp.

Pre season I was all in on Toney to the extent he was healthy. I'm puzzled whether he is healthy or not. We haven't seen any highlight plays like we did last season.

Although his first game would have been a highlight reel without the weird drops.

But Rice is flashing nicely so no reason to think he won't be at least a WR2 and could even be a WR1 which would solve a lot of problems.

But as I've posted from time to time, I would like to see a path forward with KC's receiving corp that no longer relies on Kelce.

Maybe that's Rice. Maybe it needs to be a plan B.
He's hurt. He's on the injury list every week and is rarely a FP at practice.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:36 PM   #4150
MVP

Watson dislocated his elbow. Maybe Ross actually gets to play now.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-13-2023, 12:37 PM   #4151
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I found the problem.

I didn't say we need multiple WR1s. Hell, my comment is merely about wanting a true x/y which we have neither of right now. I'm just responding to his comment that I somehow believe a WR1 alone fixes everything. When in fact I was vocal that we should have done better surrounding Tyreek with cheap non-JAGs. I've always felt depth was important.

And yes, I've expressed for a long time I don't mind a LITTLE sacrifice to defense to do this. Knowing that maintaining a top 5 defense is always going to be resource hungry.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:39 PM   #4152
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
He clearly means drafting a Rice/Higgins/St. Brown type WR that would have cost a 2-4th round pick but would have been a bonafide WR2.
Yea, nothing unrealistic about expecting 2018 level offensive weaponry for the duration of Mahomes career!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:40 PM   #4153
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Sammie wasn't a JAG.
Yeah, and the Chiefs offense cooked. I am talking about his final years here because WR1 was wrongfully accused of hurting this offense, when in fact the biggest issue was WR depth. A Tyreek / Juju offense would have cooked. (Yes, I've always been fine with trading Tyreek).
Old 10-13-2023, 12:44 PM   #4154
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
100%
Old 10-13-2023, 12:45 PM   #4155
Why so serious?

Quote:
If you agree that Rashee gets us to last year's level but that we should keep focusing on WRs in the future (even if strictly through the draft), good. We're on the same page and I'm more than happy to live with what we have this year. But that is only because there is now a common understanding that we do need a primary WR target - ideally a true WR1 (not just casually hoping we back into one), we can't just spread the ball around to a bunch of guys who don't neatly fall into x/y, and we have to lean way less on Kelce sooner rather than later. No, those points which are largely believed today were not largely believed going into the season.
Out of curiosity, what did you think we did last year when we won the SB?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.