Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #4141
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
True, but that varies greatly. NYC has far different density than Alaska, which has a population density of about 1.2
Yep, and it explains why we are seeing the strongest growth in major metros. Just thought it was interesting to see ours comparatively.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #4142
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
That was from the 12th....how about now? It’s still early enough to suffocate this thing, no?

The only things that cross state lines are essential movements to transport supplies and a special scannable identifier is placed on those vehicles that signifies everything contained is safe for transport.
I mean, we could try. But how long does this go into place for?

Who enforces it?

You want to talk about mass hysteria..
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:16 PM   #4143
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Italy has an older population. I would imagine they also have a high smoking rate which probably makes it worse.

But this is also what happens when hospitals are overwhelmed.

Wuhan had a 7% death rate during their peak while hospitals that were farther away were less than 1%.

Italy is currently having to choose which patients not to treat which is literally leaving them to die.
North America I assume has more obesity, diabetes and other diet related health issues .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #4144
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
social media locally freaked out when the broadcast started. Then people downtown said they didn’t hear the cars and people figured out it’s last years race. Sorry my bad.
Good grief do a little research instead of jumping the gun to be first every time.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #4145
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1...715396609?s=21
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #4146
In Search of a Life

LOL that last tweet is my childhood
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #4147
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Yep, and it explains why we are seeing the strongest growth in major metros. Just thought it was interesting to see ours comparatively.
It is. We don’t realize how much space we have. If Manhattan had the population density of Alaska, it would havE 21 people living in it.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #4148
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
North America I assume has more obesity, diabetes and other diet related health issues .
From what I'm reading smoking, existing lung issues, and age are what the worst cases have in common.

I'm a smoker myself but I've already started a dramatic cut down and hopefully fully quitting. It won't prevent anything - my lungs are already damaged - but it will prevent whatever is to come from being worse by adding to the problem.

If you are a smoker read up now on ACE 2 receptors, smoking, and the virus. I don't claim to fully understand the studies or medical papers but I understand enough to know smoking and this virus are a very bad combination.

Triage or prioritizing resources might have to start at some point and if it does how will a doc treat a patient they know is going to leave and go right back to destroying their lungs on purpose?

I'm a smoker and I realize this...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #4149
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post

I’m praying for a week off at this point. Maybe I’d get to catch up on my sleep and backlog of PS4 games.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #4150
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
You have to be willing to make sacrifices for the betterment of the country sometimes.

No. No we don't.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #4151
Court Jester

Quote:

Ditto, except I was the younger sibling. Kept occupied by playing with sticks, playing in the creek and waiting for the real cartoons to come on tv.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #4152
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post

No. No we don't.
Personal preservation is important but if some of these organizations don't survive you won't for very long either.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #4153
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Personal preservation is important but if some of these organizations don't survive you won't for very long either.
Every man for himself.

I have zero faith in any of my neighbors to 'sacrifice' anything for the greater good.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:37 PM   #4154
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Every man for himself.

I have zero faith in any of my neighbors to 'sacrifice' anything for the greater good.
You better hope we don't decide to just empty our prisons like Iran.

Or that the doctor, Cop, or service you might depend on believes the way you do...
Old 03-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #4155
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Same.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.