Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #41281
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I am not that familiar with that country specifically but if you have a younger population I would probably have those 65 and older and those at high risk stay home and keep the younger people moving. You can't afford to collapse your economy when so many people are very close to starvation already.
If Nick Mason solo tours again, go see that. Smoke weed.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:32 PM   #41282
Veteran

I keep hearing how hard it is to get tested but when I lived in Alabama I was able to be tested twice and have results in 24 hours, and today in KCMO I was able to get a rapid test with results in 15 minutes. (All negative) Seems reasonable to me, but I have decent insurance. It could be much harder without insurance, not sure if that's the gap?
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #41283
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex View Post
I keep hearing how hard it is to get tested but when I lived in Alabama I was able to be tested twice and have results in 24 hours, and today in KCMO I was able to get a rapid test with results in 15 minutes. (All negative) Seems reasonable to me, but I have decent insurance. It could be much harder without insurance, not sure if that's the gap?
In AZ it has to do with the sheer volume of testing and labs can't keep up. We work in healthcare and routinely have had staff not getting results for 10-14 days even though they "expedite" healthcare workers swabs. We just tested a patient in our rehab and it took 13 ****ing days. And we wonder why certain States are having trouble controlling this virus.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:37 PM   #41284
Life is changing..

Quote:
I sent 2 employees without insurance to get tested a few weeks ago. They were seen that day, had a rapid test administered, and the test was paid for through some grant. I don't think insurance is an issue, but I'm that's just my own personal experience.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #41285
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
I am not that familiar with that country specifically but if you have a younger population I would probably have those 65 and older and those at high risk stay home and keep the younger people moving. You can't afford to collapse your economy when so many people are very close to starvation already.
Burkina Faso is one of the poorest, if not the poorest country on earth. I doubt that they have a ton of people over 65, and I'm sure they are not going to work and sitting in cubicles all day.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #41286
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
In AZ it has to do with the sheer volume of testing and labs can't keep up. We work in healthcare and routinely have had staff not getting results for 10-14 days even though they "expedite" healthcare workers swabs. We just tested a patient in our rehab and it took 13 ****ing days. And we wonder why certain States are having trouble controlling this virus.
It's time to move away from PCR testing. "The gold standard" of testing takes too long to get results. Start using the rapid testing then follow up with a PCR test if absolutely needed.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #41287
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
Burkina Faso is one of the poorest, if not the poorest country on earth. I doubt that they have a ton of people over 65, and I'm sure they are not going to work and sitting in cubicles all day.
So that makes a lockdown even more pointless for them.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:43 PM   #41288
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
It's time to move away from PCR testing. "The gold standard" of testing takes too long to get results. Start using the rapid testing then follow up with a PCR test if absolutely needed.
The State ran out of rapid tests 3 weeks ago when I was looking to get tested. They have more now but are trying to use them mostly at hospitals currently. They also are refusing to test you unless you have symptoms so they can conserve tests. It's almost like States should know what they **** they are doing by now and where to get more tests.

Oh well.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #41289
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
I have heard anecdotally that where I live, so much testing is going on that reagents are periodically in short supply. "It's hard to get tested" is a difficult statement to interpret because it varies day to day or week to week town by town, and it may not even be true. In June we had more tests than we knew what to do with, but when testing surges supplies temporarily get strained.

Apart from that, what was the problem for the person who said this? No appointments available? No drive-thru testing in your area? No tests available? No supplies for collection available? Only testing people who are symptomatic and not anybody who wants one? Testing is temporarily restricted for some other reason? Did the person just not know where to go or what to do? Are they just repeating that they have heard it's hard to get tested?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:53 PM   #41290
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I follow a guy who gets his numbers from the counties and his numbers are generally higher than DHSS.
By a couple hundred a day.

Not some huge number like they are acting like.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:57 PM   #41291
Please squeeze

Quote:
Yep. The rapid tests are less accurate but we could catch at least half at a much faster rate so we can isolate those people.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:57 PM   #41292
Shit

Quote:
I'm wondering why if the markets are shut down and her family sold less vegetables they are starving.

Eat the ****ing vegetables.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #41293
Shit

Quote:
There has apparently been a backlog, though I'm skeptical as to how much that's truly playing a part.

Also Kansas City and St Louis exist, so that's a thing.
Today's backlog number reported was 372.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:02 PM   #41294
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
You don't have any shame, do you.
Crazy how they just grasp at anything hoping something breaks their way. I dont get it.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #41295
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Yep. The rapid tests are less accurate but we could catch at least half at a much faster rate so we can isolate those people.
The rapid test used by at our Urgent Care claims a 95.8% accuracy if administered within 5 days of symptom onset. There's info on it somewhere if you care to see it.