Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2023, 05:53 PM  
Banned

The Bills take the AFC this seasom

Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #4111
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I think that's basically what they started doing after they fired their first OC last season. Allen rushed for 15 TDs in 2023, up 8 rushing TDs from the previous season, 6 more than in 2021. Yeah, after checking out PFR, Allen was averaging about 8 rushing TDs/season, then last season he nearly doubled that number.

They're letting Josh off the leash and letting him run whenever he feels like it.
Their game plan against us in the playoffs was using Allen as Tim Tebow 2.0
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #4112
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Still strikes me as the height of hubris.

"Oh not OUR guy. Our guy can take as many hits from LBs as we need him to. OUR guy will be just fine, even if every single QB who came before him that played like that ended up ground to a fine powder by the time they were 29..."

Okay Buffalo - keep on keepin' on. Working okay for you in the regular season.

We'll see how it turns out...

For what it's worth, I completely agree. The idea that they can just have Josh cure their RZ ills by running and taking a bunch of hits over 18 weeks seems . . . irrational. But I guess they're in a cap corner, and don't have much of a choice? Of course their draft/offseason moves didn't help them much in that regard either.

I still think they'll get to the playoffs, but I doubt they'll be nearly as dominant over their Division.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #4113
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Still strikes me as the height of hubris.

"Oh not OUR guy. Our guy can take as many hits from LBs as we need him to. OUR guy will be just fine, even if every single QB who came before him that played like that ended up ground to a fine powder by the time they were 29..."

Okay Buffalo - keep on keepin' on. Working okay for you in the regular season.

We'll see how it turns out...
Right. There's a reason Mahomes isn't used heavily as a runner in the regular season. The Chiefs save most of the QB run stuff for playoff games.

We'll see how long Allen can hold up under the type of rushing load the Bills put on him last year.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #4114
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Right. There's a reason Mahomes isn't used heavily as a runner in the regular season. The Chiefs save most of the QB run stuff for playoff games.

We'll see how long Allen can hold up under the type of rushing load the Bills put on him last year.

Last season Josh actually ran about 12 fewer times than he did in the previous two seasons 111 vs. 124/122). But I think it's when/where they had him run, which looks like a lot in the RZ. Lot of bodies in a small space. Probably going to take a lot of hits trying to cross the EZ line.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #4115
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
For what it's worth, I completely agree. The idea that they can just have Josh cure their RZ ills by running and taking a bunch of hits over 18 weeks seems . . . irrational. But I guess they're in a cap corner, and don't have much of a choice? Of course their draft/offseason moves didn't help them much in that regard either.

I still think they'll get to the playoffs, but I doubt they'll be nearly as dominant over their Division.
Hand. It. Off.

You have this guy who's job it is to run with the football. The name immediately escapes me but I'm fairly certain 'run' is somewhere in the job description.

Give THAT dude the ball. They're cheap and disposable. You break him and find another one just like him. Nobody really expects you to pay him and everyone knows that this is a transactional relationship.

"You run the ball, destroy your body, and we'll give you like $5 million bucks over the course of 3-4 years. Cool?"

And everyone is seemingly okay with this. So do THAT.

Don't take the guy you're giving $50 million/season to and who's face is on your media guides and expose him to unnecessary punishment.

"Hey, who needs a hammer to drive this nail? I have my laptop sitting here and it weighs about the same amount. And so long as every time I hit a nail with it I hit it at juuuuust the right angle, it'll kinda drive the nail and probably won't break the screen. Oh that hammer in my pocket? Eh - I'm saving it to smash ants with so I don't wanna use it to drive nails..."

It's just so very, very dumb.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:40 PM   #4116
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Hand. It. Off.

You have this guy who's job it is to run with the football. The name immediately escapes me but I'm fairly certain 'run' is somewhere in the job description.

Give THAT dude the ball. They're cheap and disposable. You break him and find another one just like him. Nobody really expects you to pay him and everyone knows that this is a transactional relationship.

"You run the ball, destroy your body, and we'll give you like $5 million bucks over the course of 3-4 years. Cool?"

Don't take the guy you're giving $50 million/season to and who's face is on your media guides and expose him to unnecessary punishment.

"Hey, who needs a hammer to drive this nail? I have my laptop sitting here and it weighs about the same amount. And so long as every time I hit a nail with it I hit it at juuuuust the right angle, it'll kinda drive the nail and probably won't break the screen. Oh that hammer in my pocket? Eh - I'm saving it to smash ants with so I don't wanna use it to drive nails..."

Well, yeah, you'd think. Apparently though, they weren't having the success they wanted/needed just by handing it off. Or, I guess maybe Josh just decided he was going to run it himself around the mid-way point of the season? Whatever. If Allen runs it a ton in the RZ, he's going to get beat up, that much we know.
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #4117
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Well, yeah, you'd think. Apparently though, they weren't having the success they wanted/needed just by handing it off. Or, I guess maybe Josh just decided he was going to run it himself around the mid-way point of the season? Whatever. If Allen runs it a ton in the RZ, he's going to get beat up, that much we know.
Run him into the teeth of the defense to your hearts content in the post-season.

And I guess they made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth last year so maybe the standings dictated their usage of him.

When they essentially needed to win out to get to the playoffs, 4 of their 5 wins were be a score or less. Average margin of victory in those games was 4.5 points and Allen ran for 5 scores in those 4 games.

So they needed everything he had to offer.

But when they beat Washington 37-3, why does he have a rushing TD? Miami 48-20? Dallas 31-10?

If it's situational use, why not save it for when you need it? And I guess the response is "Hey, he ran for 8 TDs in the last 6 games of the regular season when every score counted..." but fellas, this is gonna come back to get you sooner or later.

You probably wanna avoid starting 6-6 this year.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #4118
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Well, yeah, you'd think. Apparently though, they weren't having the success they wanted/needed just by handing it off.
Them running the ball more and their winning streak last year was more than coincidental.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #4119
Forever Royal

Quote:
Run him into the teeth of the defense to your hearts content in the post-season.

And I guess they made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth last year so maybe the standings dictated their usage of him.

When they essentially needed to win out to get to the playoffs, 4 of their 5 wins were be a score or less. Average margin of victory in those games was 4.5 points and Allen ran for 5 scores in those 4 games.

But when they beat Washington 37-3, why does he have a rushing TD? Miami 48-20? Dallas 31-10?

If it's situational use, why not save it for when you need it? And I guess the response is "Hey, he ran for 8 TDs in the last 6 games of the regular season when every score counted..." but fellas, this is gonna come back to get you sooner or later.

They’ve been a stat padding team for years. It’s why their point differential has no predictive value on how good they actually are in the postseason.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #4120
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Them running the ball more and their winning streak last year was more than coincidental.

Yah. It's all over their stats. Diggs' targets and yds/gm dropped significantly (yds/gm nearly in half), Allen's rushing TDs doubled, Allen's rushing yds before contact cut nearly in half, etc. Their interim OC basically said, 'screw it, in the RZ, Josh run whenever it seems like you can.'
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #4121
Three-Pat

Quote:
Hand. It. Off.

There’s a reason why no running QB (and by running I mean lots of designed runs) has won a SB since Young (I believe). Those hits take their toll and while those QBs might have a good season or two, ultimately they don’t sustain success.

I get playing in an era of greatness, but since KC drafted Mahomes and Buffalo drafted Allen I can think of only one season where Buffalo legitimately could have won the SB and that was the :13 second year.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #4122
Veteran

Quote:

I think it's what you were saying earlier, they think he's Superman and that he won't break. He will, sooner or later.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.