Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #40966
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I don’t think you do bud. You’ve been pretty much in the middle about all of this.
Well of course i don't. I meant everyone else.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #40967
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
To be fair, I DO trust Bill Gates' opinion more than you...
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #40968
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Well of course i don't. I meant everyone else.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #40969
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
To be fair, I DO trust Bill Gates' opinion more than you...
I mean, i have a bachelors in Microbiology and Chemistry and a minor in cell and molecular biology from a state school so.....
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #40970
Please squeeze

Quote:
Gonna be pretty difficult with a virus.
Well that sucks. I see Gilead is testing out an inhaler for Remesidever and I have heard of some others trying to use an inhaler. We need something that people can take at home.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #40971

Quote:
There's been a lot of evidence to suggest that kids (especially young kids) aren't likely to be common sources of spread, so this makes sense to me.
I think a lot of the equation might be harms on the education side. As in, older kids might be able to do OK-ish with online learning, but that younger kids absolutely won't, and having younger kids stay home will severely damage their level of learning and education.

If the pandemic were deadlier then it wouldn't matter, and you just accept that kids of a certain age are going to be stunted a bit, but as it is, its a difficult decision.
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #40972
Life is changing..

Quote:
Anything specific? I think there's just lots of random things that people are playing around with.

My favorite lately has been seaweed.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90532822...vir-in-the-lab
I saw that.

I don't have a lot of specifics right now. What I have seen speculated is an antiviral that would have a good enough safety profile to be used at home that would in theory keep more people out of the hospital.

This is pure speculation on my part but I'm curious if it is
favipiravir.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #40973
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Well that sucks. I see Gilead is testing out an inhaler for Remesidever and I have heard of some others trying to use an inhaler. We need something that people can take at home.
If it favipiravir, it actually is a drug that can be taken orally. That's a big IF though.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #40974
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Mainly because of the timing I think. Viral treatment is the best before it really replicates.

I'm guessing they'll have some breakthru things though.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #40975
Supporter

Quote:
Oh yeah when he says it

I still have bruises from the bars of soaps in socks from when i said it a month ago.
ikr?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #40976
TACO SALAD

KU Med is going to be one of Oxfords phase 3 US test sites
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #40977
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Everyone has an agenda
My agenda is to keep myself and my loved ones safe, and decide what to do with my investment money. So it's very cut and dried. My only goal is to try to filter out the noise and figure out what's actually going to happen next.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #40978
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
KU Med is going to be one of Oxfords phase 3 US test sites
Nice. I'd sign up if I knew I was getting the vaccine and not the placebo. But that kind of defeats the purpose.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #40979
"Think BOOM!"

(CNN)Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday warned several states including Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky to get a handle on rising coronavirus cases, saying the nation couldn't afford the kinds of surges seen further south and west.

Fauci's comments to ABC's "Good Morning America" echoed fellow White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Deborah Birx, who recently visited those states to warn their numbers were headed the wrong way.

Test positivity rates there have been rising, Fauci said. Tennessee on Monday saw its highest seven-day average of new daily cases, at well over 2,000.

Tennessee's average was around 750 per day a month ago, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

"We just can't afford, yet again, another surge" like that seen in recent weeks in Florida, Texas, Arizona and California, Fauci told ABC.

Wearing masks, social distancing, closing bars where virus spread is high, and washing hands can help turn the tide, he said. He also repeated what he'd recommended in April: Reopen economies in phases, crossing each phase only after seeing cases decrease over 14 days. States largely ignored that advice.

"We would hope that (states) all now rethink at what happens when you don't adhere to that," Fauci told "Good Morning America."
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:33 PM   #40980
Mod Team

Quote:
I mean, i have a bachelors in Microbiology and Chemistry and a minor in cell and molecular biology from a state school so.....
Get a degree in IT like Pete and you’d be real knowledgeable.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote