Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:34 AM   #4081
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Getting anything for a backup that's making 2M and is a pending free agent is impressive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Love it.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #4082
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Butera will always have a spot on my wall -- in my framed copy of the KC Star front page, the pic of him hugging Wade Davis after the final out of the 2015 World Series.

Glad to see the Cam Gallagher era begin. Also supposedly the Royals will call up Viloria in September. I'd like to see him catch a few innings.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:09 PM   #4083
The Beast Inside Your Head

Looks like they got a decent AAA reliever.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #4084
21st Century Schizoid Fan

I should add that Butera also had one of the biggest at-bats in Royals history. I've always said that if I ever ran into him, that would be the first thing I would thank him for.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #4085

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Butera will always have a spot on my wall -- in my framed copy of the KC Star front page, the pic of him hugging Wade Davis after the final out of the 2015 World Series.

Glad to see the Cam Gallagher era begin. Also supposedly the Royals will call up Viloria in September. I'd like to see him catch a few innings.
I think that will always be everyone's memory of him.

Although I will say he took a big walk in the 8th inning comeback against the Astros in game 4. Kept the inning alive, allowed us to take the lead and bring in Wade to shut the door. That was huge.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #4086
Just here for the Royals

Butera certainly had his shining moments, but was otherwise a terrible catcher with horrid offensive statistics and subpar defensive numbers. The fact that the Royals traded 2 months of that for an alright minor league reliever is highway robbery on DM’s end.
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #4087
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I think that will always be everyone's memory of him.

Although I will say he took a big walk in the 8th inning comeback against the Astros in game 4. Kept the inning alive, allowed us to take the lead and bring in Wade to shut the door. That was huge.
THAT was huge, and I would say that was his greatest contribution to a team that was facing elimination. Big ups to The Hair-flip!
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #4088
MVP

Facebook fans are the dumbest of the dumb. They literally have no clue about the sport. People bitching about us getting rid of all the good players lol. Someone was bitching because we keep trading Major Leaguers for Minor Leaguers. Just so ****ing ignorant it makes my head hurt.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:24 PM   #4089
El Gato Gordo Loco

Don't look now but Nick Pratto is starting not to suck. Hitting .273, 12 HR, .761 OPS. Still don't understand why a guy that is an above-average athlete wants to play 1B, but whatever. Apparently has a 60 scouting grade arm, and could be a pitcher if he wanted. Guess he can't play 3B since he's LH.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #4090
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Don't look now but Nick Pratto is starting not to suck. Hitting .273, 12 HR, .761 OPS. Still don't understand why a guy that is an above-average athlete wants to play 1B, but whatever. Apparently has a 60 scouting grade arm, and could be a pitcher if he wanted. Guess he can't play 3B since he's LH.
Dn, that'd be nice if he started picking it up. We need a 1B.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #4091
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Facebook fans are the dumbest of the dumb. They literally have no clue about the sport. People bitching about us getting rid of all the good players lol. Someone was bitching because we keep trading Major Leaguers for Minor Leaguers. Just so ****ing ignorant it makes my head hurt.
Some dude on Twitter was so mad he won't watch the Royals till they get a new gm. Trading Butera was the last straw!
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #4092
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post

I mentioned a week or so ago that he was picking it up since the minor league ASB and May have had something click.

He is .310/.388/.482 since then over 225 ABs. It’s driven mostly by his very hot August.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #4093
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Some dude on Twitter was so mad he won't watch the Royals till they get a new gm. Trading Butera was the last straw!
You found OK's twitter account.

May god have mercy on your soul.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #4094
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Looks like they got a decent AAA reliever.
I looked up Vasto. He's had one appearance in an MLB game, and he gave up 3 ERs in only two outs of an inning. That's all he played.

Probably still too young, and I'm certainly not complaining. We weren't going to re-sign Butera anyway (or at least we shouldn't have bothered) so it's definitely a great trade to get anybody for Butera this late.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #4095
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
They've only been fans since 2014, so whatever.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.