Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:14 AM   #4051
In Search of a Life

I'm kinda curious here, for the detractors.

What WR room are you wanting the Chiefs to be comparable to? Like Seattle's? Or like the Bengals?

Whats the goal here.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:15 AM   #4052
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Patrick also had guys open all night. On this one he has Rice wide open right in front of his face but held it and looked for Kelce instead. Fortunately that play worked but a lot of 3rd downs didn't bc he was force feeding Kelce.

Just take the easy play Patrick. That would have been a first down. Both DB's by Rice were backpedaling.
Kelce was 9 targets 9 catches. Which play didn't work because he was being force fed? Genuinely curious about your perspective, not trying to be a dick.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM   #4053
Forever Royal

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
That play looks like it's designed to not hit Moore. Pat's first read was on the backside. I don't know if Pacheco was supposed to release or what but it doesn't look like Moore was supposed to be one of the first 2 or 3 reads on that play.

I disagree with this given the only player even going away from the roll out is MVS who has a ton of traffic to get through but even if it’s true no one can look at this play and others and say last night receivers weren’t open. Also, this is Mahomes. He’s not a robot QB. He’s the best there is with tons of freedom and is completely capable of looking at that play and making a good quick decision to Moore. He doesn’t get a pass because the easy 10 yard gain right in front of him is not his first read (I disagree anyways with that).
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:17 AM   #4054
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

What WR room are you wanting the Chiefs to be comparable to? Like Seattle's? Or like the Bengals?

Whats the goal here.
I think Seattle (before adding JSN) is realistic.

Two borderline WR1/WR2 guys would be perfect.

We already appear to have one, just need that speedy compliment to Rice.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:17 AM   #4055
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You're completely and utterly full of ****ing shit.

Finding a starting WR on a rookie deal doesn't address our WR issues?

Last night it was "if you take our Rice's receiving yards.." from Megatron. Now this nonsense from you.

JFC the WR cult has completely jumped the shark.
Rice doesn’t magically fix every issue with our pass offense. I think he projects to be a healthy Sammy Watkins and that’s great. It patches up a lot of issues. and that’s good enough to give us a shot at a Super Bowl.

But a lot of what makes that idea work is that we will probably be really dependent on kelce and pacheco taking heavy workloads, and you just have to expect a defense no matter how good are going to have days (esp come playoff time) where the opposing offense plays out of their minds. Do I think we need to stay aggressive at WR in the offseason? Absolutely. Do I think this formula which may be ugly at times will work? Yeah. We can make do with these limitations but in future years I don’t think we should have to.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:17 AM   #4056
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I disagree with this given the only player even going away from the roll out is MVS who has a ton of traffic to get through but even if it’s true no one can look at this play and others and say last night receivers weren’t open. Also, this is Mahomes. He’s not a robot QB. He’s the best there is with tons of freedom and is completely capable of looking at that play and making a good quick decision to Moore.
They showed the endzone view of the play later in the game. It was a throwback. King is right here.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:17 AM   #4057
Andy Reid Supporter

Mahomes bailed the pocket here when MVS was one vs one with Mathis. MVS had a step on him and a second later it was 2 steps.

It was just MVS and this shorter, slower corner with nobody else around them. Take that shot and throw it in front of MVS. He would have absolutely done that with Kelce.

No idea why he won't do it with MVS like he did in the Championship game last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE682369-007E-465A-9263-A1845A2C3C3F.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	126628  
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:18 AM   #4058
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Rice doesn’t magically fix every issue with our pass offense. I think he projects to be a healthy Sammy Watkins and that’s great. It patches up a lot of issues. and that’s good enough to give us a shot at a Super Bowl.

But a lot of what makes that idea work is that we will probably be really dependent on kelce and pacheco taking heavy workloads, and you just have to expect a defense no matter how good are going to have days (esp come playoff time) where the opposing offense plays out of their minds. Do I think we need to stay aggressive at WR in the offseason? Absolutely. Do I think this formula which may be ugly at times will work? Yeah. We can make do with these limitations but in future years I don’t think we should have to.
You've stated you essentially want the 2018/19 offense back.

That's not gonna happen however much you post about it.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:21 AM   #4059
In Search of a Life

If the expectation of a wr to be "open" enough for Mahomes to trust him enough to throw it is like.....Tyreek separation.....well that's a Mahomes issue not a WR one.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:23 AM   #4060
Champion Golfer Of The Year

I’m actually really encouraged by the WR’s. Especially after last night. If Pat takes the 4 or 5 (or more) quick reads that were available, he’s got one less INT, possibly one more TD. Looked to me they were open short, good for 6-8 yards and get/keep the chains a movin’. Watson not bringing in that long ball was a bitter pill. But the game was never in doubt.

Denver D in the red zone play was tough.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:24 AM   #4061
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

Are you capable of not using a strawman in response to a clear rebuttal?

There's a lot of room in between "Rice doesn't address our WR issues" and "Rice magically fixes every issue with our pass offense".

I never said he fixes everything. I said you're being a ****ing dumbass trying to argue that he doesn't address our WR issue at all.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:25 AM   #4062
The man you could post like.

Broncos may be willing to dump Jeudy for a coke an some chips here pretty soon.

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:26 AM   #4063
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
You do realise you are posting in "Our Wide Receivers Suck - Official Thread"?

Hey Womble you consistently bring the humor. Appreciate you.

Chiefzilla, Womble makes a good point. Look at the GDT. As a whole the board understands the chiefs have among the least productive WR groups in the league, and they will need to continue to work around it. Your points are taken. You can chill.

It's also true Pat is missing some connections he usually makes and Andy seems to be in his talk more about my innovative play calling mode right now.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-13-2023, 08:29 AM   #4064
Veteran

Moore actually made a guy miss last night after the catch and picked up a first down.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:29 AM   #4065
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

Whats the goal here.
Bengals is unrealistic. I believe we’d be fine with a WR1 centric offense as long as you have competent supporting WRs (which we didn’t do in tyreeks later years). But for us is probably just having great but unspectacular WRs across the board. A WR room like Seattle or Washington seems reasonable and achievable… with time to build it. Hell, even just very realistically Jacksonville would do.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.