Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #391
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
On the bright side in 2012 he was the DC for the Saints. They have the record for most yards allowed ever as a defense!!
Bountygate year. You can thank Gregg Williams and Sean Payton for a team in complete disarray.

There are several years in which his defense didn't play all that well. As you can for literally anyone with a longer career. You don't need to cherrypick the ****ed up situations.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #392
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Perhaps the most convoluted argument on behalf of Ragland that could ever be made. My compliments. LOL

FAX
Every now and then you'll see me make an argument just to see if I can.

"Hey guys, Reggie Ragland may just be the new Jason Giambi!" was perhaps a bridge too far...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #393
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Jones is a big big risk in this transition if we're going to pay him before we make it. That contract could blow up on us in a big way.
And it took him until his 3rd year to finally exhibit a consistent high motor on every play. Now whether that was due to just taking time to learn the position and figuring it out or realizing this is very difficult to play DL in the NFL and choosing to take plays off(his first 2 yrs) who knows and to your point about being a risk if there is a full transition.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #394
In Search of a Life

Would the Giants have a use for Ford? If so, maybe a tag and trade on both ends would work with Ford going their way, and Collins coming our way.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #395
In Search of a Life

Quote:
On the bright side in 2012 he was the DC for the Saints. They have the record for most yards allowed ever as a defense!!
You do realize that was the year the NFL brought the hammer down on bountygate, right?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #396
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Yards dont matter
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Bountygate year. You can thank Gregg Williams and Sean Payton for a team in complete disarray.

There are several years in which his defense didn't play all that well. As you can for literally anyone with a longer career. You don't need to cherrypick the ****ed up situations.
You have to cherry pick Spags career to find the non-disasters. Hold his stats up next to Sutton's and tell me which one looks like the more sensible hire.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #398
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Jones is a big big risk in this transition if we're going to pay him before we make it. That contract could blow up on us in a big way.
The right move would be to let Jones finish out his contract if you're changing it all up than react at the end of next season.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #399
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Here's the bright side post....
He's outstanding with defensive backs. No more DB's tripping over their dick figuring out where to be.

His scheme is actually somewhat on trend. Relies heavily on the front 4 to generate pressure. Lots of speed at lb.

Maybe pairing a smart guy with the offense guru who masterminded the spread could

His most recent D and maybe the best representation of him as a DC of today was the second years giants defense. Which was actually very good.

I have no doubt we'll be much better. Will we be above mediocre? He needs to prove that to me.
May I ask why I should conclude he's outstanding with DBs?

I mean even in the year where I'm willing to say "okay, that was a good year", his passing yards surrendered was pretty lousy. And he had some talent to work with there.

I'm not saying it's not true - I'm just curious where this reputation comes from. Is it really going back to his days as a DBs coach in the late 90s/early 2000s? Because as was said previously, they really might as well have been wearing leather helmets back then.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #400
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Here's the bright side post....
He's outstanding with defensive backs. No more DB's tripping over their dick figuring out where to be.

His scheme is actually somewhat on trend. Relies heavily on the front 4 to generate pressure. Lots of speed at lb.

Maybe pairing a smart guy with the offense guru who masterminded the spread could

His most recent D and maybe the best representation of him as a DC of today was the second years giants defense. Which was actually very good.

I have no doubt we'll be much better. Will we be above mediocre? He needs to prove that to me.
His passing Ds were horrific since 2012. Unless this guy learns some new tricks, it's almost impossible to be excited about this choice.
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #401
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Would the Giants have a use for Ford? If so, maybe a tag and trade on both ends would work with Ford going their way, and Collins coming our way.
Something like that might be a good fit for Tampa Bay and Gerald McCoy.

don't get me wrong, I love Collins and would love to have him.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #402
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

And the ben mcadoo fiasco probably has a lot to do with the problems in 2017. He's had back to back situations getting thrown into a mess of epic proportions.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #403
Hockey Town

Quote:
May I ask why I should conclude he's outstanding with DBs?

I mean even in the year where I'm willing to say "okay, that was a good year", his passing yards surrendered was pretty lousy. And he had some talent to work with there.

I'm not saying it's not true - I'm just curious where this reputation comes from. Is it really going back to his days as a DBs coach in the late 90s/early 2000s? Because as was said previously, they really might as well have been wearing leather helmets back then.
He did a decent job developing some solid players over the years is my guess.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #404
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm not sure K-Pass can play with the pad level necessary to be effective inside. His length could be really interesting in there if he could keep guys from getting underneath him but I've just never seen the technique develop to suggest that he can.

I think he's a rotational 4-3 DE at best with Speaks likely being the 1st and 2nd down guy. Houston - Nnadi - Jones - Speaks as your base front with DoD at Sam, Hitchens at Mike and a new Will (though again, I'd be intrigued by the possibility of using Ford similarly to how Irvin was used in Seattle at his peak as something of a strict rush Will).

I could be completely off base on O'Daniel but man I really do think he'd kick ass as a Sam in a 4-3. I don't like him as a Will as much because I prefer my stronger pass-rusher to be on the weak side and be able to avoid the chip. I know he can be neutralized a little more often by sending the back into the pattern but no more often than the Sam can by the TE in the pattern. I want my better pass-rusher as the Will and my better coverage backer as the Sam.

The pieces are pretty much here already. The real risk then is Chris Jones. We're about to consider giving him a very large contract with no real knowledge as to whether or not he can be as dynamic as someone like Gerald McCoy. Because isn't that essentially what we'd be asking of him as the under-tackle? Maybe Fletcher Cox is a better present example? McCoy's prime was primarily as a 4-3 and I believe Cox also operates largely as a 4-3 UT. Can Jones make that transition? And will he still play as hard if we ask him to, especially after we pay him? There's a lot more 'phonebooth' duty down there and sometimes that position just sucks more than what he was asked to do.

Someone brought up Tuck as a comp to Kpass physically, so maybe that could work. Or Ansah at DE?

I like Jones in the Cox role. I would really like to see that where he can play as aggressive as he does and it not kill the LB's behind him as much.

I just don't see Ford fitting in the 43. Plus after rewatching the actual broadcast of the game and stewing on it, **** him. God damn offsides bullshit.

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #405
Prestige Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Yards dont matter
Eff that.

After what I sat through on Sunday....?

Get the other team OFF the field.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Closed Thread