Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:30 AM   #39886
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I wonder how much of that is Andy Reid too. It sure as hell seems like Andy’s playcalling is too cutesy and tentative early in games. When you’re down in the 2nd half, you gotta stop calling the bullshit horizontal plays that don’t go anywhere. The scoreboard forces Andy to be more aggressive.

These trailing situations also force a more aggressive tempo where they snap the ball much earlier in the play clock. Mahomes is pretty much unstoppable in the hurry up, no huddle offense. I wish Andy would use it more often.
I think some of that is setting up looks for later or at the very least not showing all of your cards until you need to..... do you want Bosa to ignore everything else that's going on in the world and tackle Pacheco 3 yards behind the LoS on a play that could win or lose the SB?

Well, you either already know he will and don't want him to know you'll use it to your advantage and risk him adjusting.... or you show him some looks/plays that make him look foolish later on in the game.

Do you want corndog to work when you need a wide open receiver late in the game? Again, you either already know it'll work, but don't want to play that card until you really need it, or you use motion/looks/plays early so you can fool them later.

And against the Bills, they were gaining damn near 10 yards/play and knew they had to keep scoring, so they didn't even have to play those games.... and against the Ravens, I'm sure they wanted to go up early and force Lamar out of the run game, so the offense looked like the Chiefs offense of yesteryear early.

I think they played the long game against the 49ers though and kept to their script. And maybe that's one reason they looked so tight early... it's more 'scripted football' than just going out there and winning a game.

Obviously, it doesn't mean they don't want to score early, but I also have to assume Reid and Mahomes are smart enough to already know a 2nd and 12 screen to Kelce isn't the greatest play call ever.... we all want them to go for the jugular after a turnover, but they're sticking to the plan even when 1st down gets blown up and 2nd down is a damn screen.... and while I hate those calls on 2nd and long, I make up this narrative to feel better about it.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 09:52 AM   #39887
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I think some of that is setting up looks for later or at the very least not showing all of your cards until you need to..... do you want Bosa to ignore everything else that's going on in the world and tackle Pacheco 3 yards behind the LoS on a play that could win or lose the SB?

Well, you either already know he will and don't want him to know you'll use it to your advantage and risk him adjusting.... or you show him some looks/plays that make him look foolish later on in the game.

Do you want corndog to work when you need a wide open receiver late in the game? Again, you either already know it'll work, but don't want to play that card until you really need it, or you use motion/looks/plays early so you can fool them later.

And against the Bills, they were gaining damn near 10 yards/play and knew they had to keep scoring, so they didn't even have to play those games.... and against the Ravens, I'm sure they wanted to go up early and force Lamar out of the run game, so the offense looked like the Chiefs offense of yesteryear early.

I think they played the long game against the 49ers though and kept to their script. And maybe that's one reason they looked so tight early... it's more 'scripted football' than just going out there and winning a game.

Obviously, it doesn't mean they don't want to score early, but I also have to assume Reid and Mahomes are smart enough to already know a 2nd and 12 screen to Kelce isn't the greatest play call ever.... we all want them to go for the jugular after a turnover, but they're sticking to the plan even when 1st down gets blown up and 2nd down is a damn screen.... and while I hate those calls on 2nd and long, I make up this narrative to feel better about it.
Yep. A lot of the shit they run in games is to set something up later. Later in the drive, later in the game, later in the season. Hell he's set stuff up just for the Super Bowl. Even I forget sometimes that there's a chess game going on between the coaches/coordinators. Reid is a grandmaster.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:15 AM   #39888
Has a particular set of skills

I'd bet my house that if San Fran had scored a TD and then we score a TD. Reid and Mahomes said they would have went for the win. He'd run corn dog for the win.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 10:25 AM   #39889
Baby Cry Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I'd bet my house that if San Fran had scored a TD and then we score a TD. Reid and Mahomes said they would have went for the win. He'd run corn dog for the win.
pretty sure reid said we’d have gone for two. there was never gonna be a third possession
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-17-2024, 11:24 AM   #39890
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I bet your house is worth at least 500 grand
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:51 PM   #39891
pie is never free

Check out the arm on "Lil Mahomes"

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:35 PM   #39892
Generational Player

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:04 PM   #39893
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
Check out the arm on "Lil Mahomes"

how much ****ing money are this kid's parents dropping for him to be QB3 at a state college as his likely ceiling
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:05 PM   #39894
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
You can throw out every other stat for QBs. This is all that matters.
Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:21 PM   #39895
Going home eventually

Forget about the first 3 quarters. In the 4th he's the best ever period. 3 times he kills it in the SB in the 4th. Not even close. He is the best ever.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:29 PM   #39896
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Forget about the first 3 quarters. In the 4th he's the best ever period. 3 times he kills it in the SB in the 4th. Not even close. He is the best ever.
Made insane plays all over the field against Tampa as well. A few drops on superman throws
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:32 PM   #39897
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
And overtime.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:35 PM   #39898
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

how much ****ing money are this kid's parents dropping for him to be QB3 at a state college as his likely ceiling
Yeah these 10 year old phenoms seldom pan out.. All the other kids catch up and they stay the same..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:37 PM   #39899
sorta mod-ish

I appreciate that he's never gone full bitch bag on the field during a game like John Elway did because the crowd was too loud. Knowing Mahomes at this point, he takes opposing fans' screams personally and thrills at shutting them up.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 04:41 PM   #39900
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Yeah these 10 year old phenoms seldom pan out.. All the other kids catch up and they stay the same..
Agreed. I don’t get the sense Mahomes was pushed in a strong way by his parents. He didn’t take football seriously until age 16 or 17. He played a bunch of different sports and was pretty damn good at all of them. His family said he was a better basketball player than anything else.

I think the multi-sport childhood has played a major role in Patrick’s success. You can see elements of baseball and basketball in how he plays on the football field. Maybe even soccer elements in his game too.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.