Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #3976
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I totally agree with what you are saying, but below is where the problem with that lies. It is unfortunate but true.
Read the article... it doesn't say absolutely every single person should stay home, one of the simulations shows only a quarter of people practicing 'social distancing'.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #3977
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Do what?

This idea we have a 14 day shutdown....shutdown exactly meaning?

Its absurd, unenforceable, and unrealistic
Do what? Shut every non-essential business down. Close them down where no person is working or no person is a customer.
It is not absurd. It is not unenforceable nor unrealistic.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #3978
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Some interesting data from the CDC is leading some to report that we may have been visited by this and mis-attributed cases to the flu that were really Corona. Combined with how it is spreading this person (quoting some gov sources) seems to think a lot of people have already had the Corona virus. Not sure if the increases are more due to having fewer tests early on the positively ID Corona but the spike in cases attributed to the flu in Dec and Jan are interesting.

I’ve also wondered how long it’s been here. Just before Christmas I had an illness I couldn’t shake, high fever and chills, dry cough, runny nose, a couple days I struggled to take full breaths. Finally went to urgent care after Christmas and was given a Z-Pack with no testing of any sort. Obviously I got through it, but it makes me wonder what I truly had.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:07 AM   #3979
It was not a fair catch

Minn schools closed Mar 18-27.

But one of those weeks is spring break for a lot of schools.

So our district will have one day of school this week. As of now....
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #3980
The Constitutional Choo choo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
I’ve also wondered how long it’s been here. Just before Christmas I had an illness I couldn’t shake, high fever and chills, dry cough, runny nose, a couple days I struggled to take full breaths. Finally went to urgent care after Christmas and was given a Z-Pack with no testing of any sort. Obviously I got through it, but it makes me wonder what I truly had.
I believe its been here longer than they let on.
Ive known someone that went through the same 2 week ass kicking of a cold and flue.
Was kicking it over at Bugs house lastnight and he said he knew someone to that went through a 2 week funk.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #3981
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Do what? Shut every non-essential business down. Close them down where no person is working or no person is a customer.
How would u see such an event? Martial law? Who decides essential? Who pays the bills?

Trucking essential? Fuel stations/restaurants essential Grocery, hospitals and pharmacies?
Ag businesses, feed, fertilizer, slaughter...all essential

The list goes on....govt can close govt/schools But to force independent businesses to shut down will never happen
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:15 AM   #3982
MVP

Quote:
Define non-essential.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #3983
Kind of a mod

Quote:
How would u see such an event? Martial law? Who decides essential? Who pays the bills?

Trucking essential? Fuel stations/restaurants essential Grocery, hospitals and pharmacies?

The list goes on....govt can close govt/schools But to force independent businesses to shut down will never happen
Well, I don't know about NEVER. The governor of Colorado just forced all ski areas closed for a week. Of course, many of them had already decided to do so on their own.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #3984
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:

Im sure someone has thought of this, but if you have it and recover, will testing still reveal you had the virus for some time after? Seems like testing those who had what was called flu has a place
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:17 AM   #3985
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Read the article... it doesn't say absolutely every single person should stay home, one of the simulations shows only a quarter of people practicing 'social distancing'.
I did, many other articles and announcements by all the health organizations states to not have large groups of people gather. That is what is going on there in the French quarter after the Gov. suspended schools.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:17 AM   #3986
Court Jester

Quote:
Syphilis?
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #3987
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Im sure someone has thought of this, but if you have it and recover, will testing still reveal you had the virus for some time after? Seems like testing those who had what was called flu has a place
I only know the basics, but my understanding is that the answer is yes, but not through a "normal" test. The tests they're administering now will tell if the virus is active in the person - they won't detect someone who has already had it and recovered. A different type of test in the future will tell us what percentage of people actually had it, but it won't be something that's administered to a ton of people - just to random samples so that the analysis can be done.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #3988
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
Define non-essential.
Those have already been defined by the Government. Do a little research and you will see. We have a modified version of what France did coming.
Have you all not been paying attention about "bills"? Those will all be deferred at first if not there will be more government bail out money that will have to be paid out later.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #3989
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
If there’s one thing to learn from this, it’s to never travel with Tom Hanks under any circumstance.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:29 AM   #3990
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Well, I don't know about NEVER. The governor of Colorado just forced all ski areas closed for a week. Of course, many of them had already decided to do so on their own.
OK, skiing would be non essential.....im in on that....and Curling. No damn curling.