Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #3901
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
While I have some problems with the episode, it seems to me that the Red God’s contribution might’ve been pointing Arya the right direction.
And Berrick keeping her alive.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #3902
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
While I have some problems with the episode, it seems to me that the Red God’s contribution might’ve been pointing Arya the right direction.
All the build up of the importance of the red god and that's the contribution? I was entertained by the episode. The writing of the episode and how they got there was awful in my eyes though.

Like I said initially, I agree with pretty much everything written in that article. Virtually any of the fan theories, ANY of them, would have been better for the story. NK goes to KL? Better. Bran is a participant in any way? WTF not? Every single tactical decision regarding the battle was pretty senseless.

At this point with D&D I expect a midevil version of an action movie. The story isn't driving any more. Sapochnik thumbs up, D&D thumbs down

Last edited by DrRyan; 05-01-2019 at 11:08 PM..
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:08 PM   #3903
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
And Berrick keeping her alive.
Yeah - Mel telling Arya to literally end winter sounds like a contribution to me.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:13 PM   #3904
In Search of a Life

Yeah that contribution literally saved mankind so, um, kinda important
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #3905
Supporter

So I watched it again tonight. I wasn’t going to because it’s o damned intensive but I did. And I recommend it. There is a ton of stuff I missed. And the timing of things was different when you’re not wracked with tension.

And I got to pay more attention to and appreciate some of the finer details and the music.

Credit to the New Rockstars channel review but I didn’t realize they hadn’t used piano in the whole series except in the Light of the Seven episode when Cersi blows up the sept of Baylor. That corresponded with the arrival of winter. Maybe this piano score corresponds with the end? IDK. But the music - and sometimes silence was really good.

On the music note the episode featured that same noise which sounds like a jet going into freefall that the dark knight used. That Sound just puts tension in my body. ****ing Christ man.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #3906
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by temper11 View Post
Did people really plan to go to a little bar and watch the episode on that little f-ing tv stuck to the wall?
Ha. The second bar is something called burlington bar. They have some pretty cool reaction videos throughout the series. You see the same people there every week so pretty cool to see the reaction of those really emotionally invested in the show. Too bad they didn't think of that idea during the red wedding.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #3907
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Ha. The second bar is something called burlington bar. They have some pretty cool reaction videos throughout the series. You see the same people there every week so pretty cool to see the reaction of those really emotionally invested in the show. Too bad they didn't think of that idea during the red wedding.
Too many of those reaction videos are people seeking their 3 mintues of fame. But, the Burlington Bar was doing that before it became a thing on youtube. Those people are real hard core GOT fans.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #3908
Forever Royal

https://twitter.com/katienolan/statu...537362435?s=20
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #3909
That's just f***in' stupid

Shit writing. This show jumped the ****in' shark once they ran out of book material. Same fate as The Walking Dead. Sad
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #3910
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Dumbass
He neg repped me for something tongue in cheek. Dumbass/flacid dick indeed.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #3911
Most Valuable Villain

RIP to a great ****ing character arc.

The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #3912
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
RIP to a great ****ing character arc.

This is why I'm not writing off this show.

The journeys of the characters has always been what has driven this show - and that focus by D&D hasn't wavered. You could not have asked for a better arc from Theon (or better acting from Alfie mother****in' Allen). Love that he went down like a badass.

He also faced the exact same situation he faced with Yara the season before. He had to choose between instant death or fleeing, he died trying to save humanity.

RIP Theon.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #3913
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
This is why I'm not writing off this show.

The journeys of the characters has always been what has driven this show - and that focus by D&D hasn't wavered. You could not have asked for a better arc from Theon (or better acting from Alfie mother****in' Allen). Love that he went down like a badass.

He also faced the exact same situation he faced with Yara the season before. He had to choose between instant death or fleeing, he died trying to save humanity.

RIP Theon.
No the show is done, literally. Alfie made his character develop not the trash writing. You will be disappointed.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #3914
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

I hate people who talk (or worse, ask questions about the plot) during movies or TV shows. I wouldn't torture myself by attending something like this.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #3915
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
No the show is done, literally. Alfie made his character develop not the trash writing. You will be disappointed.
That could be - I'm still gonna give the next three eps a chance tho