Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****

**** the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:37 PM   #3871
Rabbi Goldmann

Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:17 AM   #3872
Special Teams ACE!!!

****! That means we're going to have our title vacated!
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:20 AM   #3873
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #3874
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
The Lightfoot thing is entirely matchup related. Seton Hall (Angel Delgado), Clemson (Elijah Thomas), and especially Duke (Carter and Bagley) would have absolutely destroyed this team on the boards if Lightfoot played significant minutes at the 5 spot.

The funny thing is that he matches up quite a bit better against Villanova as they play stretch 4s and 5s. I have no idea for example how Udoka will even be able to stay on the floor against a stretch 5 (Spellman) who shoots 45% from three. Villanova is going to exploit that all day if he's out there. Lightfoot may be badly needed.
I think having Doke play almost a zone inside with the other four guys switching on the outside may work, but I'll wait and see what Bill comes up with. His record with a week to prepare for an opponent in the tourney is pretty damn good.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #3875
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Start worrying now?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #3876

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I think having Doke play almost a zone inside with the other four guys switching on the outside may work, but I'll wait and see what Bill comes up with. His record with a week to prepare for an opponent in the tourney is pretty damn good.
We may rightfully bitch about his playing vet players over clearly better but younger players, playing down to inferior talent, but...........

We almost always bring our "A" game agaisnt known tough opponents. Have a great game plan to attack any weaknesses and play to our strengths. He's in the hall of fame based on merit. In Self we trust. He will have a good game plan to win.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #3877
World's Best Boss

I know Bill Self's coaching occasionally comes under fire on here, but these links/discussion truly highlight the phenomenal job he did against Duke. We truly have one of the best, ya'll.

http://pickandpop.net/2018/03/how-ka...cked-off-duke/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...oth_impressed/
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #3878
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
We may rightfully bitch about his playing vet players over clearly better but younger players, playing down to inferior talent, but...........

We almost always bring our "A" game agaisnt known tough opponents. Have a great game plan to attack any weaknesses and play to our strengths. He's in the hall of fame based on merit. In Self we trust. He will have a good game plan to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I know Bill Self's coaching occasionally comes under fire on here, but these links/discussion truly highlight the phenomenal job he did against Duke. We truly have one of the best, ya'll.

http://pickandpop.net/2018/03/how-ka...cked-off-duke/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...oth_impressed/
Without a doubt.

Self is god. I just bring up the Lightfoot stuff because it is interesting as hell to me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #3879
In Search of a Life

Jay Wright not so thrilled to play doppelganger

Quote:
OMAHA, Neb. — Jay Wright didn’t ask a question, but the Villanova basketball coach went out of his way to call in and listen to Bill Self’s teleconference Monday afternoon.

He wanted to hear what his Kansas counterpart had to say, and he left with a lot to digest.

Scheduled to speak after Self in the teleconference of Final Four coaches, Wright phoned in early and listened to the Hall of Famer’s question-and-answer session ahead of the two teams’ clash at approximately 7:49 p.m. Saturday at Alamodome in San Antonio. He said he heard a number of interesting responses, but one that stood out was Self’s response when asked why he got so emotional in the aftermath of Sunday’s 85-81 overtime victory over Duke.

No stranger to NCAA Tournament heartbreak, Wright found himself relating to Self’s answers.

“I was listening to Bill, and I’m sure anyone that looks at Bill Self says, ‘Well, I don’t feel sorry for that guy. He’s one of the greatest coaches, he wins all the time.’ But I get it,” Wright said. “Like, only coaches can understand that, where what’s most impressive about what he’s done is consistency, 14 (consecutive) regular season league championships. That’s the mark of a great coach.

“What you do in the tournament is not really a mark, I don’t think, of your talent as a coach. It’s matchups. It’s who’s healthy. You know, it’s a break here or there. It’s a call by a referee. So in coaching, we understand you don’t have as much control of that tournament. You have control of your regular season a little bit more. But you’re going to be evaluated on what you do in the tournament.”

What Wright has done in the tournament is part of the story of what Self has done.

Wright’s Wildcats dealt the Perry Ellis-led Jayhawks a 64-59 defeat in the Elite Eight two years ago, the first of two straight losses in that round for KU before Sunday’s triumph.

“We all have to accept that, and I think Bill accepts it,” Wright continued. “I think that’s part of why he was excited to get to the Final Four. ... That’s what makes his fan base happy. It’s what makes our fan base happy, how far you get in the tournament. It’s one of the challenges of being a college basketball coach.”

That Villanova team, of course, went on to win the national championship. Wright’s overall record in the NCAA Tournament sits at 25-13 with three Final Four appearances and one national championship, while Self’s stands at 47-18 with three Final Fours, one national championship and one runner-up.

“If you get there (to the Final Four), you realize how hard it is,” Wright said. “When you don’t get there, you think it’s hard, but when you get there, you actually realize it’s even harder than you thought.”

On to Saturday’s matchup, one some are calling the de facto national championship game with No. 3-seeded Michigan and No. 11-seeded Loyola-Chicago on the other end of the bracket. Wright stopped short of calling that take poison, but he did express that he hoped his group was above such a thought.

The most appealing individual showdown will be contested by the teams’ standout point guards, with KU’s Devonte’ Graham and Villanova’s Jalen Brunson pacing each program. Graham, a 6-foot-2 senior averaging 17.2 points and 7.3 assists, and Brunson, a 6-3 junior averaging 19.2 points and 4.6 assists, are both Naismith Award finalists.

Brunson’s head-to-head battles with Alabama’s Collin Sexton, West Virginia’s Jevon Carter and Texas Tech’s Keenan Evans in each of the Wildcats’ previous three games has prepared him to elevate his play against Graham, Wright said.

“So now we’re getting to the Final Four, and we’re going to play arguably the best,” Wright said of Graham. “And Jalen, I think, has been smart about not getting into that confrontation individually, and it’s hard to do because a lot of people talk about it.

“If I was a fan, I would love to see this. As a coach, I hope we don’t get into that at all, and I don’t think Jalen will. It’ll be Villanova versus Kansas.”

Having defeated West Virginia and Texas Tech in Sweet 16 and Elite Eight, respectively, Villanova will look to make it three-for-three against Big 12 teams this tournament. Wright, though, knows KU will be a different challenge than the last two he overcame.

“It’s interesting to me that I heard (West Virginia coach) Bob Huggins say that we remind them of Kansas. I heard (Texas Tech coach) Chris Beard say we remind them of Kansas,” Wright said. “When I heard that, I always took that as a compliment, and now we’ve got to play against them, so now I’m not so excited about it.”
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #3880
In Search of a Life

Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:09 PM   #3881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post

Sivilo’s parents flew in from the Ukraine for senior night at Allen.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #3882
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Sivilo’s parents flew in from the Ukraine for senior night at Allen.
Think you meant Svi.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:29 PM   #3883

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Think you meant Svi.
correct. Damn Autocorrect
Old 03-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #3884
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Romeo Langford has officially ruled out Louisville. Down to Indiana, Vandy, and us.

Newman going crazy in this tourney and declaring would be the final domino to fall to make this happen IMO.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #3885
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Romeo Langford has officially ruled out Louisville. Down to Indiana, Vandy, and us.

Newman going crazy in this tourney and declaring would be the final domino to fall to make this happen IMO.
Would almost rather see Newman stay a year and take another run at a FF with Doke and Silvio. I don't know precisely nothing about Langford, but I assume he'll be a one-and-done.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.