Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:04 PM   #38746
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Did it matter to your teachers, school board or local and state governments?
Everything trickles up quite often.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:07 PM   #38747
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Like I stated, I am well aware of most of the people's positions in this particular thread when it comes to individual freedoms.They prefer them reduced.
You think kids will have the same reasoning for going back to school as adults would ?

I have no problems letting my kids make mistakes which I think is an important part of life but I don't think they are informed enough on this subject to be able to make a decision on their own in this case .

Using "freedoms" as an excuse to be an idiot is well idiotic.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #38748
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
You think kids will have the same reasoning for going back to school as adults would ?

I have no problems letting my kids make mistakes which I think is an important part of life but I don't think they are informed enough on this subject to be able to make a decision on their own in this case .

Using "freedoms" as an excuse to be an idiot is well idiotic.
I think a lot of times kids have better perspectives than over bearing adults. I sent my 12 year old back last week as did hundreds of others. You have to live.your life man. Hiding in the basement playing Madden with Mecca after he brings home a pizza from work can't go on forever. I know I'm screaming at the sky with this group so I won't waste my time on it.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:16 PM   #38749
"Think BOOM!"

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered several sectors to once again shut down Monday amid an increasingly concerning coronavirus surge.

Bars, both indoor and outdoor, will be forced to close down statewide. Restaurants are being told to cease indoor operations. Outdoor dining and takeout are still allowed.

All counties also have to close indoor operations at wineries, tasting rooms, movie theaters, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums and cardrooms.

In counties on the state's watch list, even more businesses are being required to close their doors. That includes gyms, hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, other personal care services, indoor malls, offices in non-critical sectors, and places of worship.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #38750
I love your mom

Quote:
I think a lot of times kids have better perspectives than over bearing adults. I sent my 12 year old back last week as did hundreds of others. You have to live.your life man. Hiding in the basement playing Madden with Mecca after he brings home a pizza from work can't go on forever.
My kids have been playing hockey for over a month now , and I have no problems letting go back to school if they open up, but I want my kids to be able to make informed decisions and not just YOLO it through life .

It must be nice for your kids to have no rules and the ability to do whatever they want whenever they want.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #38751
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
I think a lot of times kids have better perspectives than over bearing adults. I sent my 12 year old back last week as did hundreds of others. You have to live.your life man. Hiding in the basement playing Madden with Mecca after he brings home a pizza from work can't go on forever. I know I'm screaming at the sky with this group so I won't waste my time on it.
Who is saying anything about forever?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:21 PM   #38752
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered several sectors to once again shut down Monday amid an increasingly concerning coronavirus surge.

Bars, both indoor and outdoor, will be forced to close down statewide. Restaurants are being told to cease indoor operations. Outdoor dining and takeout are still allowed.

All counties also have to close indoor operations at wineries, tasting rooms, movie theaters, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums and cardrooms.

In counties on the state's watch list, even more businesses are being required to close their doors. That includes gyms, hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, other personal care services, indoor malls, offices in non-critical sectors, and places of worship.
BCD said they would never do that though , because freedoms and such.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:22 PM   #38753
Banned

Quote:
BCD said they would never do that though , because freedoms and such.
This kind of thing is unnecessary. Thanks.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #38754
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8 View Post
My daughter will be a senior this year, and she definitely wants to go back to school in person.
She misses her friends, she wants a prom, and a real senior year.
It looks like she is going to be able to go 2 days in person, and the other 3 days remotely.
They are having half of the school go on Monday and Tuesday, the other half on Thursday and Friday, with Wednesday being a cleaning day at the school.
She has told me that she gets so much more out of face to face class time as opposed to the remote learning.
I think this is a great opportunity to really rethink how we do education in America even post Covid-19. Personally, I think a Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday schedule in that scenario would be more beneficial (and safer) for the students and faculty.

Hopefully, as a whole, we can move further away from standardized testing (and pedagogy) and more towards skill mastery so that students learn at the pace that best suits them.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #38755
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
This kind of thing is unnecessary. Thanks.
Probably , just trying to speak their language, my bad.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #38756
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Like I stated, I am well aware of most of the people's positions in this particular thread when it comes to individual freedoms.They prefer them reduced.
So you believe that someone should be able to drive a car through your neighborhood with no regard to their blood alcohol level? Naked men should be able to go into your kids school without repercussion? You didn't put your infant kids in a child's car seat? You don't pay attention to speed limits or wear a seat belt?

Quote:
Sure did.
You apparently can't even make good decisions as an adult so probably not much change since high school.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:30 PM   #38757
MVP

This doesn't affect my wife or I because my kids are both HS kids that drive now. But, neither of us are able to work from home in our lines of work. If I had kids that were younger, that couldn't stay home by themselves, one of us would have to quit our jobs. I feel bad for people that have to do that.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:30 PM   #38758
Banned

Quote:
Probably , just trying to speak their language, my bad.
No worries. It's an easy temptation that attempts to normalizes shitty behavior.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #38759
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
I think this is a great opportunity to really rethink how we do education in America even post Covid-19. Personally, I think a Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday schedule in that scenario would be more beneficial (and safer) for the students and faculty.

Hopefully, as a whole, we can move further away from standardized testing (and pedagogy) and more towards skill mastery so that students learn at the pace that best suits them.

Kids need more independent self motivated learning , so this last semester wasn’t that bad I think my kids had to figure some stuff on their own more but they would need better access to teachers etc . I understand not all kids would do well but my kids needed a kick in the butt the stuff they were doing at school was a tad to easy for them.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #38760
Diablo Negro

Quote:
HS kids have been proven to be really bad at decision making .
Well there are people that think we should change the voting age to 16.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.