Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #38731
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWOK View Post
Right now they have drive up service, so the problem becomes if the parent can't/won't make the trip to the school.
Man, that sucks and I'm really sorry to hear about that because no child should go to bed hungry in this country.

Fortunately, LAUSD has delivery drivers and pick up options available.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:26 PM   #38732
In Search of a Life

Don't know if this was posted last week, but after re opening schools, Israel is pointing at schools as spreaders.
July 8, 2020

Quote:
Tuesday was Israel’s worst day of contagion, with 1,400 new cases of COVID-19 announced, a record since the start of the outbreak.

Event spaces, bars, and gyms have been re-shut but instructions regarding public transportation remain unclear, and the transport and finance ministers squabble on the airwaves.

On Tuesday, in testimony to the Israeli parliament, Dr. Udi Kliner, Sadetzki’s deputy, reported that schools—not restaurants or gyms—turned out to be the country’s worst mega-infectors.
https://news.yahoo.com/second-wave-c...&ICID=ref_fark
Loneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #38733
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
How are they screwed?
My guess is that it derives from an American Academy of Pediatrics article published a few weeks ago stressing the importance of in-person learning for children. They've since walked it back after being criticized for not taking into account the well being and safety of staff and teachers.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #38734
The Beast Inside Your Head

I know most here arent a big fan of letting others chose for themselves but I would be interested to hear what high school kids thoughts are on the matter of retuning.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #38735
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
My guess is that it derives from an American Academy of Pediatrics article published a few weeks ago stressing the importance of in-person learning for children. They've since walked it back after being criticized for not taking into account the well being and safety of staff and teachers.
I can support that notion as I have worked from home for a considerable amount of time and collaboration is sorely missed. But one year of it certainly isn't screwing anyone. It screws the parents, which is the angle I presume he is coming from.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #38736
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
I know most here arent a big fan of letting others chose for themselves but I would be interested to hear what high school kids thoughts are on the matter of retuning.
my 17 year old nephew with major health problems wants to go experience his senior year. I get it, but...

yeah, let's totally let 17 year olds and younger decide. they have way better judgement and ability to make good decisions than adults with knowledge and experience, right?
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #38737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
my 17 year old nephew with major health problems wants to go experience his senior year. I get it, but...

yeah, let's totally let 17 year olds and younger decide. they have way better judgement and ability to make good decisions than adults with knowledge and experience, right?
Their input should absolutely matter
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #38738
I love your mom

Quote:

HS kids have been proven to be really bad at decision making .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #38739
Supporter

Quote:
Their input should absolutely matter

Did your input matter to your parents when you where a teenager? It certainly didn't matter to my parents.

"Do what you're told or pack your bags" is a pretty easy rule to follow.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:51 PM   #38740
Starter

Quote:
My daughter will be a senior this year, and she definitely wants to go back to school in person.
She misses her friends, she wants a prom, and a real senior year.
It looks like she is going to be able to go 2 days in person, and the other 3 days remotely.
They are having half of the school go on Monday and Tuesday, the other half on Thursday and Friday, with Wednesday being a cleaning day at the school.
She has told me that she gets so much more out of face to face class time as opposed to the remote learning.
Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:51 PM   #38741
Life is changing..

What's the cut off point for one of these Phase III trial vaccines being "good enough" and distributed out to the public?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:55 PM   #38742

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

Did your input matter to your parents when you where a teenager? It certainly didn't matter to my parents.

"Do what you're told or pack your bags" is a pretty easy rule to follow.
Sure did.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:56 PM   #38743

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
What's the cut off point for one of these Phase III trial vaccines being "good enough" and distributed out to the public?
Also..I'm curious to how these are fast tracked.. What corners are cut to get it through faster?
Old 07-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #38744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
HS kids have been proven to be really bad at decision making .
Like I stated, I am well aware of most of the people's positions in this particular thread when it comes to individual freedoms.They prefer them reduced.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #38745
Banned

Quote:
Sure did.
I would think the kids wanting to return are in the minority with a majority of those just wishing to be around their friends IRL.

Last edited by eDave; 07-13-2020 at 02:08 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.