Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****

**** the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #3856
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I attributed Lightfoot not playing to us needing more athletic/mobile players inside against Duke.
Lightfoot is probably just as athletic as Desousa is. While he can block shots, he gets pushed around quite a bit inside and is not a very good rebounder. I think it all came down to rebounding. You don't get much + or - from Desousa defensively over Lightfoot. You get +scoring, and +rebounding.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #3857
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Mitch may transfer, I hope not though. I think he'd be a good stretch 4 if he continues to develop.
I think he sucks. Plays timid as hell. He sure as shit isnt going toget any PT next yr.

Looks like someome who dominated smaller players in hs but now is getting raped in the big boy pool.

He wouldnt be missed.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #3858
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I get it man. And I’ve watched a ton of KU ball this year so don’t throw the “obvious” shit at me.

But the question is worth discussing because Self rarely goes away from a contributor after conference play starts. This is a dissent from that approach. I’m interested to know the reasons because he’s rode to the death with so many ineffective players in the past.

It also bears discussing because the comparison isn’t to Doke/Desousa, it is to Vick/Svi at the 4. Now, I’m perfectly satisfied with what Vick brought to the table, but you’d think that given how many minutes Lightfoot played through the year, Self would want to try to match size with size for at least a couple possessions.

It’s just very un-Self-like to go away from guys he rolled with.
l know you wTch all or most of the games. Was just stating the obvious. Not that you were clueless about the obvious.

I agree with your point about Self playing a new guy over another regular guy, even if it is a non-starter, is not his usual MO. He is more likely to play the regular underperforming guy.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #3859
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
I think he sucks. Plays timid as hell. He sure as shit isnt going toget any PT next yr.

Looks like someome who dominated smaller players in hs but now is getting raped in the big boy pool.

He wouldnt be missed.
come on man he wasn’t that bad. He does work hard and by all accounts is a good team guy in the locker room.

Even if Doke leaves, We are going to have at least 3-4 big guys that will play in front of Lightfoot next year. He could go to another non-blue blood program and start. Maybe have a good career in Europe.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #3860
Keep Camp Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
come on man he wasn’t that bad. He does work hard and by all accounts is a good team guy in the locker room.

Even if Doke leaves, We are going to have at least 3-4 big guys that will play in front of Lightfoot next year. He could go to another non-blue blood program and start. Maybe have a good career in Europe.
Jeff Withey, without the size
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:08 PM   #3861
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post

That makes him consensus, right?

To the rafters with that #4!
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #3862
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
That makes him consensus, right?

To the rafters with that #4!
Correct.

Without looking it up, I'd bet anything he set our record for minutes played in a season.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #3863
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post

Very well deserved.

I’ll go ahead and crush that plate of crow now. I was concerned he wouldn’t have the toughness necessary play point and carry a young team. When Frank was here he wasn’t being defended by the best defender, wasn’t defending the best guard and wasn’t being leaned on to make plays. From the outside he looked softer - still a hell of a player - but not the guy.

I was ****ing wrong. He’s the ****ing man on a really good team. I couldn’t be more happy to be wrong.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:30 PM   #3864
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
l know you wTch all or most of the games. Was just stating the obvious. Not that you were clueless about the obvious.

I agree with your point about Self playing a new guy over another regular guy, even if it is a non-starter, is not his usual MO. He is more likely to play the regular underperforming guy.
That’s why this case is so interesting to me. It’s so anti-Self. He just leans on experienced guys. The freshmen he does lean on (X, Wiggins, Embiid, McLemore, Jackson, Rush, Chalmers, Arthur) they start at the beginning of the year. But guys like Aldrich who probably deserved playing time (especially when he made Handsjob look a fool) sat all their freshman year all while playing guys like Teahan and Morningstar criminally high minutes.

The obvious answer is that he hates life every time he has to put Lightfoot in . But this case is quite curious.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #3865
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
That’s why this case is so interesting to me. It’s so anti-Self. He just leans on experienced guys. The freshmen he does lean on (X, Wiggins, Embiid, McLemore, Jackson, Rush, Chalmers, Arthur) they start at the beginning of the year. But guys like Aldrich who probably deserved playing time (especially when he made Handsjob look a fool) sat all their freshman year all while playing guys like Teahan and Morningstar criminally high minutes.

The obvious answer is that he hates life every time he has to put Lightfoot in . But this case is quite curious.
I get your point, but not your example.

You mention Aldrich not playing much as a freshmen while Teahan and Morningstar play high minutes.

Aldrich didn’t play much in ‘08, because he had Jackson, Arthur, and Kaun ahead of him. 2 seniors and 1 first team all conference player. Teahan barely played that year and Morningstar redshirted that season entirely.

Teahan didn’t see any meaningful minutes until 2012 when we didn’t have a choice. Teahan and Tharpe were our only guards off the bench.

Morningstar started 2009 and 2011 when we needed guard help, but didn’t start in 2010 when we were loaded at guard (started Sherron, Tyshawn, and Xavier at the 1-2-3). I guess you could say that Releford or Elijah Johnson should’ve taken more of his minutes in 2011, but they were really inconsistent until 2012.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #3866
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Very well deserved.

I’ll go ahead and crush that plate of crow now. I was concerned he wouldn’t have the toughness necessary play point and carry a young team. When Frank was here he wasn’t being defended by the best defender, wasn’t defending the best guard and wasn’t being leaned on to make plays. From the outside he looked softer - still a hell of a player - but not the guy.

I was ****ing wrong. He’s the ****ing man on a really good team. I couldn’t be more happy to be wrong.
His ball movement and vision has been what's separated him down the stretch in my humble opinion.

His completely unselfish knack to find the hottest hand on the court has been incredible down the stretch. It's what Sherron couldn't do in 09, and it's part of what's allowed Newman to ascend into the player of the tourney thus far in 2018.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:54 PM   #3867
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I get your point, but not your example.

You mention Aldrich not playing much as a freshmen while Teahan and Morningstar play high minutes.

Aldrich didn’t play much in ‘08, because he had Jackson, Arthur, and Kaun ahead of him. 2 seniors and 1 first team all conference player. Teahan barely played that year and Morningstar redshirted that season entirely.

Teahan didn’t see any meaningful minutes until 2012 when we didn’t have a choice. Teahan and Tharpe were our only guards off the bench.

Morningstar started 2009 and 2011 when we needed guard help, but didn’t start in 2010 when we were loaded at guard (started Sherron, Tyshawn, and Xavier at the 1-2-3). I guess you could say that Releford or Elijah Johnson should’ve taken more of his minutes in 2011, but they were really inconsistent until 2012.
That’s fair.

But if you think there weren’t at least a few minutes for Aldrich, especially with Arthur’s foul trouble, you’re kidding yourself.

Morningstar getting minutes in Relefords redshirt year is mind boggling and Connor getting all buy a few sharpshooter minutes is criminal.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #3868
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
His ball movement and vision has been what's separated him down the stretch in my humble opinion.

His completely unselfish knack to find the hottest hand on the court has been incredible down the stretch. It's what Sherron couldn't do in 09, and it's part of what's allowed Newman to ascend into the player of the tourney thus far in 2018.
Add to that the consistency across the season, the ridiculous minutes, shooting percentage despite minutes and the big plays.

Dude wrecked worlds this year.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #3869
Perpetual Mediocrity

The Lightfoot thing is entirely matchup related. Seton Hall (Angel Delgado), Clemson (Elijah Thomas), and especially Duke (Carter and Bagley) would have absolutely destroyed this team on the boards if Lightfoot played significant minutes at the 5 spot.

The funny thing is that he matches up quite a bit better against Villanova as they play stretch 4s and 5s. I have no idea for example how Udoka will even be able to stay on the floor against a stretch 5 (Spellman) who shoots 45% from three. Villanova is going to exploit that all day if he's out there. Lightfoot may be badly needed.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #3870
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/sta...211262464?s=21

Thought this was a cool read. Enjoy
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.