Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #38596
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I'll say one thing, I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make the decision about schools. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
That's the truth.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #38597
Supporter

Quote:
I'll say one thing, I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make the decision about schools. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Pretty much
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #38598
Life is changing..

BigCatDaddy might be able to answer this better than me, but I think our schools in NW Missouri have opened back up and we haven't seen a huge issue. We also don't have the kind of community spread going on that a lot of places do right now either.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #38599
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Um, opening gyms and bars was part of the opening and clearly, it was way too soon because now, cases are exploding with no end in sight.
Yes they were part of the opening. But it didn't have to be and shouldn't have been.

I think bars would be the very last thing I would open. If a restaurant has outdoor seating and serves drinks with a meal that's one thing. Bars, night clubs and related places are a disaster.

Again, if it isn't safe for in person schooling, bars should be closed.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #38600
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Is Donger going to answer all those questions with one big question or and equal amount of questions.
He definitely popped a boner while reading that post.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:36 PM   #38601
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
BigCatDaddy might be able to answer this better than me, but I think our schools in NW Missouri have opened back up and we haven't seen a huge issue. We also don't have the kind of community spread going on that a lot of places do right now either.
Just a few have for summer school. So far so good but a few teams..I think Chillicothe had a positive test and had to shut down summer weights for a few weeks.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #38602
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Flip a coin? Heads schools open, tails they don't.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:50 PM   #38603
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/12...062581762?s=21

Thread on a study from Sweden About primary schools
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #38604
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

It's people like your dumb ****ing ass that are responsible for cases blowing up.
sorry I confess its all my fault
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:18 PM   #38605
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
That's probably as good of a strategy as anything else. Should go over great in a press conference....Mr Mayor, how did you arrive at this decision? Well, I took a lot of factors into consideration...read the recommendations from the CDC and local health officials....studied the data...finally said **** it and flipped a coin.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #38606
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
It certainly doesn't have to be either or for the whole country and for every age groups.

I think districts should focus on grade schools first. The socialization aspect is probably most important for this age. And it creates the biggest headache for parents with childcare.

I realize social distancing isn't going to be practical with this age. I would try to put them in discrete groups and then try to minimize the interaction between groups.

And again this would have to be based on parents and teachers opting in.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #38607
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Considering the data shows it is very unlikely half the class will have a sore throat as a result of Covid I would say it won't happen much.

Secondly you can what if this thing until the end of time.
Every sore throat has to be treated like a covid potentially even if 99% won’t be so kids will still need to be sent home quarantined or tested or both , logistically it will be a mess .I could see a lot of kids just saying they have symptoms to be sent home too.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #38608
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Every sore throat has to be treated like a covid potentially even if 99% won’t be so kids will still need to be sent home quarantined or tested or both , logistically it will be a mess .I could see a lot of kids just saying they have symptoms to be sent home too.
Yeah, I am gonna go ahead and disagree.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #38609
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Yeah, I am gonna go ahead and disagree.
We are now killing and average 700 people a day, a rate that is going to climb to over a thousand within a few weeks. Other countries are doing much better, at controlling the disease, so it's not like we are doing everything we can to mitigate the disease. But rather than implementing better public health practices that are saving lives in other countries, you advocate throwing caution to the wind and pouring more gas on the fire. Just how many people are you willing to kill, Pete?
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #38610
In Search of a Life

New Zealand is 100% open for business - zero cases. WAHHHH

If they would let me travel there I'd quit my job tomorrow and go there and quarantine for a month while I wait for my car to be shipped. I'll put up a $10k bond that I won't break quarantine if they want. As long as after that I'm free to roam NZ and AUS.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.