Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****

**** the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #3841
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Didn't KU and Duke lose the same number of games going into the tourney?

Besides, teams with better talent lost all the time to inferior talent in the NCAA tournament. Talent isn't everything. Coaching, drive, experience, luck, etc. all determine how teams do in the tourney.
Better teams lose all the time in the tourney because it's a cr......... uhhh, nevermind...
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #3842
Supporter

Fueled by trash talk, Lagerald Vick at his best in NCAA Tournament

I like this. Vick has been the most maligned KU player this season. I've criticized him plenty. But he seems to have gotten his head straight and his play has been crucial to KU's success this tournament season. Keep up that energy, Lagerald.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/m...ens_basketball
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:32 AM   #3843
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
It's not like they haven't given him multiple chances over the years. Hootie has been banned, re-instated, banned, re-instated, banned, and re-instated more times than I can count.

He always finds a way to get himself banned again, usually because he gets triggered over something and then he starts spamming the board with endless hysterical rants about how badly he is being treated.

I'm pretty sure the mods created The Romper Room just so Hootie would have a playground where he could post his hysterical rants without spamming the entire board. Even then, he managed to get himself banned yet again.

I like him as a poster because he makes some interesting points and he's obviously well-informed. He has nobody to blame but himself, but if you try telling him that, and you'll get bombarded with endless diatribes about how everyone mistreats him and everybody lies about him.
Hootie is Danny Parkins with autism.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #3844
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
On the rotation front, did Lightfoot sleep with Selfs daughter or what? You’d think he’d at least see A minute when doke was in trouble.
I thought it was strange in the Clemson game, but not in the Duke game. Fantastic coaching to not play Lightfoot in the Duke game. His strategy was, go after all defensive rebounds. It neutralizes their bigs as they score a ton of offensive put backs. SDS is the best rebounder on this team, by far. He was very needed.

My guess against Clemson was that Clemson isn't a team that scores close to the rim. They like to shoot 3's and midrange J's. Lightfoots best skill is shot blocking, and it wasn't needed as much.

Or, maybe he did sleep with Self's daughter.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #3845
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I thought it was strange in the Clemson game, but not in the Duke game. Fantastic coaching to not play Lightfoot in the Duke game. His strategy was, go after all defensive rebounds. It neutralizes their bigs as they score a ton of offensive put backs. SDS is the best rebounder on this team, by far. He was very needed.

My guess against Clemson was that Clemson isn't a team that scores close to the rim. They like to shoot 3's and midrange J's. Lightfoots best skill is shot blocking, and it wasn't needed as much.

Or, maybe he did sleep with Self's daughter.
I'm thinking that Self knows DeSousa is the better player and he's now 'getting it'. Self trusts him to be in there for extended periods of time now. I guess we will see in the next game.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #3846
Supporter

Old 03-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #3847
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Right now, the team is better with DeSousa in the game instead of Lightfoot. That’s clear to anyone who has watched KU play this year.
I get it man. And I’ve watched a ton of KU ball this year so don’t throw the “obvious” shit at me.

But the question is worth discussing because Self rarely goes away from a contributor after conference play starts. This is a dissent from that approach. I’m interested to know the reasons because he’s rode to the death with so many ineffective players in the past.

It also bears discussing because the comparison isn’t to Doke/Desousa, it is to Vick/Svi at the 4. Now, I’m perfectly satisfied with what Vick brought to the table, but you’d think that given how many minutes Lightfoot played through the year, Self would want to try to match size with size for at least a couple possessions.

It’s just very un-Self-like to go away from guys he rolled with.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:46 PM   #3848
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I get it man. And I’ve watched a ton of KU ball this year so don’t throw the “obvious” shit at me.

But the question is worth discussing because Self rarely goes away from a contributor after conference play starts. This is a dissent from that approach. I’m interested to know the reasons because he’s rode to the death with so many ineffective players in the past.

It also bears discussing because the comparison isn’t to Doke/Desousa, it is to Vick/Svi at the 4. Now, I’m perfectly satisfied with what Vick brought to the table, but you’d think that given how many minutes Lightfoot played through the year, Self would want to try to match size with size for at least a couple possessions.

Just don't think they've done much with 2 bigs, so I'm guessing he didn't like breaking that in the E8. I thought about it during the game, that I'd like to see DeSouza play some 4 with Doke at the 5 but it's not likely.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #3849
Supporter

Old 03-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #3850
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Self abandoned practicing with 2 bigs the moment Preston left. Said it was taking up too much time and disrupted them focusing on playing with 4 guards.

SDS showing flashes the week before the NCAA tournament meant that Self hasn't had time to do anything but work on their usual stuff and prepare for a specific opponent. He's not going to scrap what they've done all year and install new stuff.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:15 PM   #3851
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Just don't think they've done much with 2 bigs, so I'm guessing he didn't like breaking that in the E8. I thought about it during the game, that I'd like to see DeSouza play some 4 with Doke at the 5 but it's not likely.
Probably right, and maybe if Vick was shitting the bed he would have but how many times have we wished late in the season that Self would roll something else out because some douche is ineffective? And now he rolls a freshman into major minutes in the post season? That’s like all the things Self won’t do but did this year.

I wonder if we don’t see Mitch transfer?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #3852
In Search of a Life

Mitch may transfer, I hope not though. I think he'd be a good stretch 4 if he continues to develop.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #3853
Damn it feels good.

The Mitch stuff is plain as day to me - he's a stretch 4 being asked to play 5. Since we're going the four guard route, he doesn't quite fit the mold to begin with. SDS has progressed enough and "caught up" to the point where he's a much better 5 than Mitch, probably due to his great athleticism and rebounding prowess.

No way Mitch transfers. He's KU through and through. It'll be better for him once he's allowed to play to his skillset.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #3854
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I attributed Lightfoot not playing to us needing more athletic/mobile players inside against Duke.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #3855
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:

Very true. A interesting departure from normative Self behavior. One of his few flaws I can think of. Trusting a more tenured player too long and not playing his young talented guys enough. Maybe he's evolving
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.