Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****

**** the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:56 PM   #3826
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
this one you should be. Villionova is one helluva team. Talent and clicking on all cylinders.

but, they showed they are vulnerable against TT. It was a close game until 5 minutes left. We are a much better team than TT.
TT is good. Damn good. They embarrassed KU at the Phog. Recency bias makes us forget all that but we were playing well at the time and they housed us at our place. The wheels started to come off when Evans went down but he was back, albeit not at full strength.

WVU IMO exposed more than TT. But that’s probably a bullet that only gets fired once against a team like that. I doubt they’d let it happen again.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #3827
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
No, other teams have far more depth than KU and don’t play with 6 man rosters all season (which means their starters can go all out in the minutes they do play).
On the rotation front, did Lightfoot sleep with Selfs daughter or what? You’d think he’d at least see A minute when doke was in trouble.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 PM   #3828
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
On the rotation front, did Lightfoot sleep with Selfs daughter or what? You’d think he’d at least see A minute when doke was in trouble.
Oofta. I looked at the numbers and Doke played 19, Silvio played 26, Garrett played 8. Everyone else was north of 40. Yikes.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:03 PM   #3829
Keep Camp Home!

i don't believe self thought Lightfoot has the physicality to stop duke's frontcourt
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #3830
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
i don't believe self thought Lightfoot has the physicality to stop duke's frontcourt
Obviously, but I figured he’d go with a couple possession look with 2 bigs at the very least. I guess not.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:36 AM   #3831
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Right now, the team is better with DeSousa in the game instead of Lightfoot. That’s clear to anyone who has watched KU play this year.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-27-2018 at 12:44 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #3832
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Right now, the team is better with DeSousa in the game instead of Lightfoot. That’s clear to anyone who has watched KU play this year.
I hope Lightfoot red shirts next year. He's a talented kid, and needs time in the weight room and more development. We should be stacked with bigs in 2018/19.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #3833
Field General

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6476 View Post
The last two games have required more "lead in the pants" in the paint, than what Mitch can provide, at this point.
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 AM   #3834
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I hope Lightfoot red shirts next year. He's a talented kid, and needs time in the weight room and more development. We should be stacked with bigs in 2018/19.
I hope so too. I think he’ll benefit from being able to play a true stretch 4 someday. Having to play the 5 is a bad situation for him.

I see him long-term as a better Kevin Young, especially better as a shot blocker.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #3835
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Eh, missing open shots isn't exactly leaving points on the board.

Missing an open layup maybe.
You can say that about most teams, but the way this team hits 3s (and especially Svi), an open 3 is like a layup.

Last edited by Lzen; 03-27-2018 at 07:44 AM..
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #3836
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
Why ban him?

I have never understood this !
It's not like they haven't given him multiple chances over the years. Hootie has been banned, re-instated, banned, re-instated, banned, and re-instated more times than I can count.

He always finds a way to get himself banned again, usually because he gets triggered over something and then he starts spamming the board with endless hysterical rants about how badly he is being treated.

I'm pretty sure the mods created The Romper Room just so Hootie would have a playground where he could post his hysterical rants without spamming the entire board. Even then, he managed to get himself banned yet again.

I like him as a poster because he makes some interesting points and he's obviously well-informed. He has nobody to blame but himself, but if you try telling him that, and you'll get bombarded with endless diatribes about how everyone mistreats him and everybody lies about him.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #3837
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik Newman Yay View Post
Here's the issue with KCC and Kenpom and basically KCC (plus Prison Bitch) and advanced analytics in general :

KU is graded based off a rolling 37 game sample size and doesn't take into account Malik Newman has been the best player in the country for about 7 games. Before that, he was ... not this guy. Since the start of the Big 12 tournament, he is suddenly Kemba Walker. The guy is everything Andrew Wiggins and Ben McLemore weren't for KU when elimination games started. Wiggins' wanted nothing to do with the 'big moment', whereas Newman wants everyone to get the **** out of the way. Hell, Devonte Graham tried to throw the game away in overtime with that ridiculous pass to De'Souza (why? why? Why even try that?) and his missed front end of the 1 and 1.

Speaking of De'Souza - yep, again, Kenpom only has about a 7 game sample size of him, as well - so KU is graded on a curve that doesn't recognize the emergence of Malik Newman, superstar and De'Souza, 5 quality fouls, high energy guy who is a better defensive rebounder and presence than Azubuike.

Thus, the Kenpom ratings on KU are EXTREMELY flawed.

Even with all of that, according to the research, KU was 36% to win - people are acting like that is some sort of 'hail mary' - do any of you play poker? That's basically 7 8 offsuit against AK suited - who cares? It's barely anything. KU were 3 point dogs playing essentially in front of a home crowd - they outplayed Duke the entire game and almost lost entirely due to missed shots down the stretch.

The problem with KCC is this is the card he always plays - it's the, "well we have no shot based off the numbers so of course we're going to most likely lose, that's just common sense, because this, this and this" leaving him always open for the, "well yeah, we won because Bill Self is a great coach and KU hit shots!"

I'm right with him on LeBron, but he does it with LeBron every year - LeBron can never win because his team is never that good - but LeBron is so good that if they win, it's always because LeBron is the best. Prison Bitch does the exact opposite - he never makes a prediction, but waits for the 'crash and burn', so that he can blame Bill Self or Eric Hosmer or Alex Gordon on why everything crashed and burned. But hey, if they win it all, PB can just make fun of KCC because PB also never makes any predictions, just trolls on the side to rile everyone up.

Pretty dumb.

Either way - I thought Duke would probably win, but I figured if Malik kept playing like the best player in the tournament, KU could beat anybody.

Malik is 1 more big game against Nova from playing himself from a no-brainer back at KU next year to a top 20 pick - he might have already done it. Hopefully KU gets a National Championship out of this, but you can kiss Newman goodbye.

Newman is the most clutch KU player I've seen since Chalmers - and even Chalmers only made 1 shot. Newman is everything Andrew Wiggins wasn't. Wiggins had no heart. Newman is all heart. You gonna bet against KU with Newman playing like this? I'm not.
I agree with pretty much everything except the part about Chalmers. Not true. He was known for clutch shots, for being the guy that wanted to take them. There was no question on the team who was that guy.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:22 AM   #3838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I agree with pretty much everything except the part about Chalmers. Not true. He was known for clutch shots, for being the guy that wanted to take them. There was no question on the team who was that guy.
Yeah I wouldn’t say Chalmers only hit one shot.

I remember him launching one from deep against USC in the non-con (I think it was OT too) to win that. Also, he hit a bunch of big shots against Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:24 AM   #3839

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Yeah I wouldn’t say Chalmers only hit one shot.

I remember him launching one from deep against USC in the non-con (I think it was OT too) to win that. Also, he hit a bunch of big shots against Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.
The USC shot was abt the end of regulation to seal it.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:31 AM   #3840
Supporter

Quote:
By what logic did us losing 7 games and them losing 8 prove your point that KUs talent is materially better than Dukes besides them having a ****ing assload more draft able players than we do when the draft is largely based on raw talent and measurables?
Didn't KU and Duke lose the same number of games going into the tourney?

Besides, teams with better talent lost all the time to inferior talent in the NCAA tournament. Talent isn't everything. Coaching, drive, experience, luck, etc. all determine how teams do in the tourney.