Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:05 PM   #38146
Banned

Ducey doesn't look or sound well. No joke.

So far he's said if you don't need to go out, please don't go out.

Strong move by our (T)'r.

Last edited by eDave; 07-09-2020 at 04:10 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #38147
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
I’m a Distribution Manager for a fairly large company. Our business has exploded since everything started opening back up. I need probably 15 to 20 new hires... and it’s a disaster.

I get tons of applicants. I’ve set up 43 actual interviews within the last four weeks. SEVEN people have shown up. I’m talking SEVEN of the 43 that scheduled interviews have walked through the door.

You always have a handful of no-shows, but I’ve never seen anything like this.
I’m seeing the exact same thing. It’s unprecedented and I’ve been doing this for 20 years.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:34 PM   #38148
Banned

Ducey:
  • Someone shared a meme with him.
  • EO in place limiting dine in restaurant capacity to less than 50% (already a thing). Outside dining to be maximized first. More details forthcoming from Ducey.
  • Expanding testing and processing "dramatically" in conjunction with local hospitals, CDC, and support from what's his name.
  • "Please stay home and wear a mask when you must go out. If you must go out, do it outside. Practice other usual precautions such as distancing and washing your hands."
  • Referencing D-day, he said "All you gotta do is sit on your couches and watch Netflix. Don't screw it up."

tl/dr: After lockdown ended, cases went up. We need to take more action. Staying at home is the best way to improve our situation. Therefore.... when you go to Cheesecake Factory make sure you sit on the patio.

Last edited by eDave; 07-09-2020 at 04:56 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:39 PM   #38149
I love your mom

I know it is hard to compare between countries but at one point Canada mirrored the US you guys had about 10x our cases and deaths (10x the pop)now it is closer to 100x times more in both , we still haven’t made masks mandatory ( mask usage seems pretty low) but we still don’t have dine in eating or bars open and still limit gathering to small groups .

I assume population density and lower overall population helps but I think they have put a bigger emphasis on social distancing then anything and so far we are keeping in check. They have started opening hockey rinks and allowing larger groups so hopefully that won’t cause a jump.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #38150
Banned

If a kid gets Covid their parents need to set up a play date with the other area kids so they can all catch it and get quarantined similar to the chicken pox.

*runs and hides*
chiefzilla999 Loves all of Deberg's threads.chiefzilla999 Loves all of Deberg's threads.chiefzilla999 Loves all of Deberg's threads.chiefzilla999 Loves all of Deberg's threads.chiefzilla999 Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #38151
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla999 View Post
If a kid gets Covid their parents need to set up a play date with the other area kids so they can all catch it and get quarantined similar to the chicken pox.

*runs and hides*
Kids get a vaccine for chicken pox now.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #38152
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla999 View Post

*runs and hides*
We were joking at work about that today.....you almost want to just to get the shit over with. Not saying you should or that it's a good idea but......
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #38153
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I know it is hard to compare between countries but at one point Canada mirrored the US you guys had about 10x our cases and deaths (10x the pop)now it is closer to 100x times more in both , we still haven’t made masks mandatory ( mask usage seems pretty low) but we still don’t have dine in eating or bars open and still limit gathering to small groups .

I assume population density and lower overall population helps but I think they have put a bigger emphasis on social distancing then anything and so far we are keeping in check. They have started opening hockey rinks and allowing larger groups so hopefully that won’t cause a jump.
I don't fully understand this either. Everyone is all about EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE crushing this thing - but I don't get how. And if you tell me it's all because they're wearing masks I'll link you to a bunch of articles that shows they aren't all wearing masks consistently.

BTW I'm not anti-mask by any stretch. I've worn a mask since **** idk when anymore due to the nature of my work. I just don't see them being the magic bullet that takes a country that is struggling and flattens everything out to almost normal.

There's something here going on that we don't know yet. Maybe a mutation in the virus. Maybe something else.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #38154
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I don't fully understand this either. Everyone is all about EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE crushing this thing - but I don't get how. And if you tell me it's all because they're wearing masks I'll link you to a bunch of articles that shows they aren't all wearing masks consistently.

BTW I'm not anti-mask by any stretch. I've worn a mask since **** idk when anymore due to the nature of my work. I just don't see them being the magic bullet that takes a country that is struggling and flattens everything out to almost normal.

There's something here going on that we don't know yet. Maybe a mutation in the virus. Maybe something else.
What’s going on is we’re populated by morons.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #38155
Mod Team

Ducey is so worthless.

Sorry for the wrong info.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #38156
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
What’s going on is we’re populated by morons.
Every corner of the Earth is populated, to some degree, by morons.

Maybe we just lead the World in morons per capita.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #38157

alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #38158
"Think BOOM!"

Texas hits the 10,000 mark in new cases.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #38159
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:

There is a difference in the two countries, but we're not allowed to discuss that difference in this thread.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #38160
I love your mom

Quote:
Every corner of the Earth is populated, to some degree, by morons.

Maybe we just lead the World in morons per capita.
I see a lot of people complaining about the the measures put in place it they still comply ,there seems to not be as many just doing things out of spite towards government, we also have more people being helped by the government which I assume would be similar in Europe so people are a bit less desperate to go back to normal financially maybe.

Last edited by Monticore; 07-09-2020 at 05:49 PM..