Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:12 PM   #361
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagnabit View Post
I've only read 'Bloodline', but after researching the above mentioned character, it's as good a possibility as any.

No force-sensitivity confirmed though.
Apparently, there's a passage in Life Debt that confirms it.

Also, that Jakku is a very important planet. Supposedly, it was extremely important 1,000 years ago and according to Palpatine, it will be important again.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #362
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Have you read Aftermath or the newly released novel Life Debt?

If so, do you agree with the speculation that Admiral Rax is possibly Snoke?
I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan, but haven't read many of the books. Could it be possible the Snoke is simply just a net new character?
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #363
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan, but haven't read many of the books. Could it be possible the Snoke is simply just a net new character?
Yes, he's a new character but the books I mentioned tell the backstory of what happened between ROTJ and TFA. They're brand new canon.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:15 PM   #364
Starter

Quote:
Yes, he's a new character but the books I mentioned tell the backstory of what happened between ROTJ and TFA. They're brand new canon.
You recommend them?
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #365
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
You recommend them?
I haven't read them yet.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #366
I'll be back.

Bloodline was terrible, IMO. I got about 100 pages in and just got bored with it.

I really enjoyed the first Aftermath novel, though. Very reminiscent of the Rebels cartoon. Need to pick up the second, stat.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:56 AM   #367
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellway View Post
Bloodline was terrible, IMO. I got about 100 pages in and just got bored with it.

I really enjoyed the first Aftermath novel, though. Very reminiscent of the Rebels cartoon. Need to pick up the second, stat.
I've noticed over the years, regardless of who is doing the writing, Leia is a pretty boring read.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:01 AM   #368
Unsparing

I've been audio-booking the Bane trilogy. Gawt DAMN that is some of the best shit ever written. The post-III era, when Lucas was letting the best authors run backwards and forwards through the timeline was the best era of SW writing in my opinion.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #369
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

My hunch and others as well is Snoak is really darth plagueis.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #370
I'll be back.

Quote:
I've noticed over the years, regardless of who is doing the writing, Leia is a pretty boring read.
I always liked her scenes in Shadows of the Empire (with Xixor seducing her) and the Thrawn trilogy, though. Loved how the Noghri called her "Lady Vader."

I think Bloodline is just shitty.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #371
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
My hunch and others as well is Snoak is really darth plagueis.
Lucasfilm has repeatedly claimed this is patently false.

Neither Snoke nor Kylo Ren have ever been Sith.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #372
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Lucasfilm has repeatedly claimed this is patently false.

Neither Snoke nor Kylo Ren have ever been Sith.
They would lie wouldn't they, only SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES!
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #373
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
They would lie wouldn't they, only SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES!
No, they're not "lying".

Follow Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter for proof.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #374
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellway View Post
I always liked her scenes in Shadows of the Empire (with Xixor seducing her) and the Thrawn trilogy, though. Loved how the Noghri called her "Lady Vader."

I think Bloodline is just shitty.
Meh. Xixor is the interesting one in those exchanges. The only parts I like are the exchanges between her and Han throughout the books.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #375
Supporter

Quote:
Meh. Xixor is the interesting one in those exchanges. The only parts I like are the exchanges between her and Han throughout the books.
95% of the EU books are just flat out awful.

I don't know if the writing is any better in the new books but I'll bet they're not as goofy (i.e, ysalamiri).

Although "Force Tree" rumor is nearly as lame.