Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #37321
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
You'd need 6 foot arms to sand drywall that is 6 feet away.
Who knew a comparison of unmasked drywall to the Coronavirus was such a dumb comparison?!?!

Thanks Stevie!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #37322
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
You'd need 6 foot arms to sand drywall that is 6 feet away.
Well, you have two 3-foot arms... daisy chain them for optimal social distancing.

You will have to cut off one of your arms though.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #37323
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
And what if you put a mask on the drywall and the person working?

Plus 6 feet of distance between the masked worker and the drywall that is wearing a mask?
And what if unicorns came riding through giving candy and rainbow jelly beans to all the good boys and girls?

Asking for a friend.....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:41 PM   #37324
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Who knew a comparison of unmasked drywall to the Coronavirus was such a dumb comparison?!?!

Thanks Stevie!
I have no idea if it was dumb or not. If I covered my face with a cloth mask and sanded drywall for an hour and my mouth and nose were full of dust when finished, I'd say it's a valid point.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #37325
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Well, you have two 3-foot arms... daisy chain them for optimal social distancing.

You will have to cut off one of your arms though.
I just have to learn how to sand drywall with my feet. PROBLEM SOLVED
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #37326
Supporter

Quote:
I have no idea if it was dumb or not. If I covered my face with a cloth mask and sanded drywall for an hour and my mouth and nose were full of dust when finished, I'd say it's a valid point.
But the drywall wasn't wearing a mask......DUH!!!!!
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:48 PM   #37327

Quote:
Masks aren't a foolproof thing. But the studies so far pretty clearly show that a mask blocks many of the droplets coming out of your own mouth. Not all, but many. And the ones that do escape, they don't travel nearly as far.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #37328
Supporter

We are gonna top 50k new cases today. I think increased testing has a lot to do with it. I saw that in JoCo tests results are getting delayed because the labs are swamped. So that's a good thing. The other good thing is it is still looking like cases and deaths are going in opposite directions. Fingers crossed that we see that continuing.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #37329
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Bullshit. I haven't posted anything that's anymore political than pete has. And he does it daily.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...TNpNSA70fA8kbg
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:54 PM   #37330
Mod Team

It goes back to the same thing being mentioned over and over.

If two people both wear masks and can maintain social distance for a large part of their interaction, it’s high unlikely coronavirus can be spread. It why wearing a mask can help stop the spread of a person who may be positive. You wear a mask to protect others from yourself and it’s a very high protection rate if both people are wearing a mask.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #37331
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
819 is the number we want to stay under......
We're gonna be under that by a lot.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #37332
Mod Team

Quote:
It’s about everyone needing to wear a mask, so this includes the drywall if that’s your comparison.

The Asian countries are pros at wearing masks in public. They’ve kicked our ass in stopping the spread because their entire population understands it’s needed by ALL to work.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #37333
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
That's just it, I am pointing a finger at you. You do that shit all the time in this thread. Even if what you post isn't blatantly political you walk right up to the line and spit across it.
That's all I'm going to say about it, I don't want to derail this anymore than it has been.
I haven’t noticed political things from Pete here at all.

And you can’t ban him for being sub 70 I suppose.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #37334
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Masks aren't a foolproof thing. But the studies so far pretty clearly show that a mask blocks many of the droplets coming out of your own mouth. Not all, but many. And the ones that do escape, they don't travel nearly as far.
I haven't really looked at much of the research on masks. Is there anything that says even basic cloth or surgical masks can block the intake of droplets from others?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #37335
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
But the drywall wasn't wearing a mask......DUH!!!!!
So, you don't think if there was a large umbrella-like thing between your hand and the drywall, that it wouldn't make a difference in the amount of dust headed towards your face?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.