Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:52 AM   #3706
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The 2018 season has just rotted people's brains with expectations for offensive output.

Pat is completing 70% of his throws and throwing for around 2 TD's a game. Sure, they can improve, but it's why those record breaking seasons are record breaking seasons.

It's not the way it's always gonna be.
I mean, Edelman and gronk are two really good weapons Brady had for almost the entirety of the back half of his career. He was great without them but way better with them. He may not be our best weapon but he was tailor made for Brady.

And yeah nobody expects us to be the greatest show on grass if we upgrade. But I disagree that there isn’t still a lot of ceiling. It is less about scoring 40 points a game and more about reducing stalls which we were prone to even last year. It’s about making us more dangerous in the 4th quarter where last year we were great but not nearly the same sure thing we were in years prior. They may seem like small subtle differences but they go a long way in making our offense even more terrifying.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:09 AM   #3707
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I mean, Edelman and gronk are two really good weapons Brady had for almost the entirety of the back half of his career. He was great without them but way better with them. He may not be our best weapon but he was tailor made for Brady.

And yeah nobody expects us to be the greatest show on grass if we upgrade. But I disagree that there isn’t still a lot of ceiling. It is less about scoring 40 points a game and more about reducing stalls which we were prone to even last year. It’s about making us more dangerous in the 4th quarter where last year we were great but not nearly the same sure thing we were in years prior. They may seem like small subtle differences but they go a long way in making our offense even more terrifying.
"No one expects them to be this, but it's more about making them actually be this"
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:13 AM   #3708
MVP

Quote:
I mean, look… I want to make it clear that many of us are not cynical. We know our team is great and it’s just mild philosophical differences. I also can’t argue with results being the #1 offense and winning a Super Bowl.

But yeah, as strange as it sounds, many of us believe our offense is capable of even better. And it’s because we believe in Andy and mahomes. Hell, i see it just from mild glimpses of what rashee can do that we can flat out do things this year we couldn’t last year. We hope. That doesn’t mean you don’t believe in Andy, we just think this team should tilt offense even if it means sacrificing just a peg or 2 on defense while you believe in balance. Philosophical differences.

Because here’s the other thing to reconcile. We keep talking about how our production is the same as last year and we’re still top 5. But mahomes is playing the worst football of his career. Realize that the more we insist our WRs aren’t currently a liability the more this gets pinned on mahomes. If you love the upside of the room… great, I support that too. But i won’t sugarcoat current performance. I don’t think we’re “fine” because stats look good on paper but mahomes is dancing, holding the ball for 10 seconds or heaving up Favre passes. Right now we have a wr problem way more than we have a mahomes regression.
Except AGAIN, nobody is insisting that.

All anyone you're arguing with is insisting is that this group has talent and we need to be patient with them figuring it out.

This is not what the offense will look like in December.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:28 AM   #3709
MVP

I really don't have a dog in this fight except to say that our WR play is definitely going improve as this season goes. I'm 100% confident in that. What I find absolutely hilarious though are the people who say "We beleive in Andy Reid" in one breath and then proceed to tell you how he's doing it all wrong.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:48 AM   #3710
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:

Edelman was dare I say underrated. He was pure money on 3rd down. Brady and Julien had that chemistry like Mahomes and Kelce have. They were on the same page and knew exactly how they were going to execute.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:03 AM   #3711
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Except AGAIN, nobody is insisting that.

All anyone you're arguing with is insisting is that this group has talent and we need to be patient with them figuring it out.

This is not what the offense will look like in December.
But that isn’t the case. We’re told to be patient yet are hard selling that our offense has actually been very good early on. God forbid anyone would say the offense hasn’t looked great despite what the numbers say. For now the offense has very real problems and it’s raised a clear point that WR talent does in fact matter contrary to downplaying it as the position you fill after you’ve addressed everything else.

Most of the people who want WR talent have said over and over they’re willing to be patient with rashee and Ross, and there haven’t been many bad things said about rashee except clean up the drops. Let’s not make this as if we’re impatient. But we keep hearing the narrative over and over again that it’s really meh if these guys are just good enough. Really we just need to hit the juju standard and he wasn’t even that good.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:16 AM   #3712
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I really don't have a dog in this fight except to say that our WR play is definitely going improve as this season goes. I'm 100% confident in that. What I find absolutely hilarious though are the people who say "We beleive in Andy Reid" in one breath and then proceed to tell you how he's doing it all wrong.
It is possible to believe and love our leaders while having some slight differences in opinion. Nobody is jumping off of any bridges. I mean, people were critical of ceh and how long we held onto him. Has nothing to do with disrespecting those who made that decision.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:32 AM   #3713
MVP

Quote:
But that isn’t the case. We’re told to be patient yet are hard selling that our offense has actually been very good early on. God forbid anyone would say the offense hasn’t looked great despite what the numbers say. For now the offense has very real problems and it’s raised a clear point that WR talent does in fact matter contrary to downplaying it as the position you fill after you’ve addressed everything else.

Most of the people who want WR talent have said over and over they’re willing to be patient with rashee and Ross, and there haven’t been many bad things said about rashee except clean up the drops. Let’s not make this as if we’re impatient. But we keep hearing the narrative over and over again that it’s really meh if these guys are just good enough. Really we just need to hit the juju standard and he wasn’t even that good.
No, what the NFL looks like so far this season is that despite not looking like The Chiefs, they're still statistically rating pretty good. That's not saying it's good enough. Nobody is saying it is. Just that' it's not as bad as some are saying, and that there's every reason to think it's going to continue to improve.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #3714
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
"No one expects them to be this, but it's more about making them actually be this"
And that’s proving my point. I loved our 2022 offense but they weren't so dominant that the next step up is juggernaut dominance. There are a lot of ways the offense can still improve and for an offense this good, small improvements are downright terrifying for defenses.

I'll say it again... We don't know if rashee is WR1 but there's no way you can look at what he's capable of and not think this opens up so much of an offense we didn't have in 2022... If he meets that promise. That will make our offense much better than even last year. So no, we aren't even remotely close to a reasonable ceiling. I believe Reid and mahomes are capable of that with just a little nudge on getting them some plaumakers
Old 10-12-2023, 10:40 AM   #3715
MVP

Quote:
And that’s proving my point. I loved our 2022 offense but they weren't so dominant that the next step up is juggernaut dominance. There are a lot of ways the offense can still improve and for an offense this good, small improvements are downright terrifying for defenses.

I'll say it again... We don't know if rashee is WR1 but there's no way you can look at what he's capable of and not think this opens up so much of an offense we didn't have in 2022... If he meets that promise. That will make our offense much better than even last year. So no, we aren't even remotely close to a reasonable ceiling. I believe Reid and mahomes are capable of that with just a little nudge on getting them some plaumakers
Yeah, so 2018 offense isn't going to happen again, probably ever. You're just going to have to accept that. Not if we intend to field a defense while we're paying Mahomes. So just forget that idea.

If we managed to put a top five defense on the field with a top five offense, that's excellent team building and the the whiners can just **** right off.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:46 AM   #3716
In Search of a Life

Quote:

No one is proving your point, because you don't have one.

If some guys develop or they get lucky, maybe that can "juggernaut dominance" out there in the future, but if that's your goal....well that's just not feasible.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:55 AM   #3717
Generational Player

I'm sorry, but a team with the best playcaller in the NFL and a generational QB should not be outside the top ten offenses in the NFL.

It's not the coach and its not on Mahomes.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:58 AM   #3718
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I'm sorry, but a team with the best playcaller in the NFL and a generational QB should not be outside the top ten offenses in the NFL.

If that's the case at the end of the season you have a point.

I seriously doubt that will be the case.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:00 AM   #3719
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

Uh oh, now you've done it! The Goof Troup should be along momentarily to pounce!
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-12-2023, 11:03 AM   #3720
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
If that's the case at the end of the season you have a point.

I seriously doubt that will be the case.
Good points. Hope you're right. Deal is, you usually are, so there's that.
TEX has disabled reputation