Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2020, 07:03 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)

Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #3631
Most Valuable Villain

I will be interested to see how Spags plans on covering Kittle. Dude is absolutely a weapon that we have to account for.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #3632
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
He tries to bull rush and he can at times but he likes to get his hands real high. Stay low and underneath him and he can be neutralized. Really, he relies on his first step and getting by guys before they get set. Chipping him can really disrupt his rhythm.
His final year here he learned to turn his speed into power pretty well. That long-arm move he developed had become pretty dangerous.

But I don't see him getting by a technician like Schwartz all that often. Moreover, Fisher has always been to my eyes a very athletic LT who lacks some functional strength. A guy like Ford isn't likely to really abuse him because Fisher has very good feet. That is especially obvious when Pat is as comfortable as he is right now and is willing to step up or stay anchored to allow his Ts to push guys through their arc and around him.

The trick w/ Ford won't even necessarily be to completely shut him down - he may get a sack in there on a clear passing down. But you have to make him work for it, especially with his hands. Keep those hands occupied so he can't go in for the strip-sacks that he likes to do. And I think Fisher has the kick-step to do that. I don't anticipate him getting beat cleanly in this game. He'll be able to keep Ford's hands moving and that should be sufficient to keep the ball in Pat's hands even if Ford manages to finish a sack in there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #3633
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I do think that's a fair amount of 'conventional' thinking with a team that I simply don't think should be adhering to it.

I'm not interested in any more of that RPO shit. People say it gives PM more freedom but to my eyes it does just the opposite. Most RPOs are 1 read and go - you see your read key and immediately run or fire. Rarely are those designed to give your QB time to survey the field and find the open man. They undermine Mahomes phenomenal field vision.

Pop passes and things of that nature are similarly constrictive.

More than anything, I want Reid to simply give the ball to the best triggerman in the league and allow him freedom to work with it as he sees fit. Use screens and designed reads only to set up something else. Use play-fakes only when you're in close enough that giving Williams the option of staying in to block or going out into the pattern isn't as productive (because if he's out there and open, Pat will find him).

Gimme more of the hair on fire playcalling that can lead to Mahomes and company simply scorching the earth. IF they force you out of it, so be it. But we have a good pass-blocking OL and weapons that a Cover 3 simply can't deal with absent more speed than the 9ers secondary has. We have a quarterback that can challenge every blade of grass on the field and they have a secondary that can't cover it all for more than 2 seconds. So trust your blockers to do their job and allow Mahomes to pressure the hell out of that secondary by reading and attacking.

Make that your primary attack and if it fails, then you start going into the bag of tricks.
I agree with all of this. This isn’t an Alex Smith offense. There’s no need to “scheme” points. Just go out there and do what you do best.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #3634
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I will be interested to see how Spags plans on covering Kittle. Dude is absolutely a weapon that we have to account for.
Yeah, that's a hard one. Mathieu is game but just doesn't have the size. Sorensen won't get bullied but isn't as natural in space (even if he's more athletic than he's given credit for).

Man I wish we could've found a use for DoD this season. O'Daniel really could've been a nice weapon in this game but there's just too much rust to make him a critical component to the gameplan. And frankly, with Kittle's blocking ability, you run a real risk on running downs because DoD hasn't shown the ability to disengage if a blocker gets hands on him. Also would've been nice for Lee to not have been a complete POS because on paper this is a PERFECT matchup for a guy with his kind of size/athleticism. He just appears to be a complete idiot.

May have to count on Wilson to play the game of his life. Don't suppose that's impossible...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #3635
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All22 View Post
Only the first sentence was aimed at your post. The storylines don't really match the game tape is my point. The chiefs earned their bad-run defense reputation...

The 49ers have aren't some team that sucks when you force them to pass. Every team tried that in the regular season and it kinda worked against the Rams but didn't work at all against us when Kittle was on the field.

On film, Minnesota and GreenBay clearly sold out against the pass (particularly the play action pass and RPO pass) so Kyle ran it down throats. I actually think it's a better strategy to try to stop our passing game than our run game but GB and MN couldn't score against our D.

Selling out against the run means you're going to give up the big play all day but the storylines kinda.ignore that.

On film, the Titan run game is only superficially like the 49ers run game.

Every team comes in saying the same stuff...

"Our run defense has improved so much... We can shut down the 49ers run game"

"Our offensive line is the best you've seen all year and we can handle the rush"

"Your secondary isn't that good, you can't guard (Thomas/OBJ/Adams/Cooks/Diggs/CMC/running back out of the backfield)"

"The 49ers haven't played anyone yet"

We were literally underdogs to the Bengals, Browns, and Panthers.
Likewise, we've heard all of the same stuff too. It goes both ways.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #3636
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Only the first sentence was aimed at your post. The storylines don't really match the game tape is my point. The chiefs earned their bad-run defense reputation...

The 49ers have aren't some team that sucks when you force them to pass. Every team tried that in the regular season and it kinda worked against the Rams but didn't work at all against us when Kittle was on the field.

On film, Minnesota and GreenBay clearly sold out against the pass (particularly the play action pass and RPO pass) so Kyle ran it down throats. I actually think it's a better strategy to try to stop our passing game than our run game but GB and MN couldn't score against our D.

Selling out against the run means you're going to give up the big play all day but the storylines kinda.ignore that.

"Our offensive line is the best you've seen all year and we can handle the rush"

"Your secondary isn't that good, you can't guard (Thomas/OBJ/Adams/Cooks/Diggs/CMC/running back out of the backfield)"

If we were having this conversation on a 49ers forum, you'd have all the right in the world to complain about this.

You're in our house. You chose to come here. You can't expect everyone to welcome you and beg you to please tell us how inevitable it is for your team to bear our team.

And when you/your fellow 49ers fans say things that show you have followed the Chiefs only superficially, expect to get called out for them.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #3637
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
He left the middle of the field pretty open the last two playoff games, perhaps he's lulling them into a false sense of security and then shutting it down in the second quarter to force them to change their gameplan on the fly.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #3638
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Likewise, we've heard all of the same stuff too. It goes both ways.
That is exactly my point. It's just ironic to me that y'all are saying that you've heard all the storylines about how teams are going to beat you before and that people are.only looking at your team superficially without noticing that you're doing the exact same thing to the 49ers.
All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.All22 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #3639
MVP

Quote:

I haven’t said any of those things. I expect this to be a close game late in the 4th quarter.

All I will say is I have noticed a lot of Niner fans on various websites underestimating Mahomes. He is every bit as good as Russell Wilson and he has a very strong track record of fighting hard when his team gets down. Similar to Wilson in that regard. I don’t think this will be a cake walk for either team.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #3640
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
If we were having this conversation on a 49ers forum, you'd have all the right in the world to complain about this.

You're in our house. You chose to come here. You can't expect everyone to welcome you and beg you to please tell us how inevitable it is for your team to bear our team.

And when you/your fellow 49ers fans say things that show you have followed the Chiefs only superficially, expect to get called out for them.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #3641
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
That is exactly my point. It's just ironic to me that y'all are saying that you've heard all the storylines about how teams are going to beat you before and that people are.only looking at your team superficially without noticing that you're doing the exact same thing to the 49ers.
This isn't a 49ers board, it's a Chiefs board. Duh.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:09 PM   #3642
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Kittle isn’t the type of players that one guy can cover really, much like Kelce. They’ve gotta pick their spots and hopefully bracket him at the right times.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #3643
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Kittle isn’t the type of players that one guy can cover really, much like Kelce. They’ve gotta pick their spots and hopefully bracket him at the right times.
Good thing Jimmy Grapes throws a lot of balls that are picked or have the potential to be picked...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #3644
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Oh, **** off. Or put on your big kid pants.

It’s a Chiefs board. What do you think is going to happen here? You’re going to change minds with information you post on the internet?

:insert “this is the part where we all throw our heads back and laugh” GIF here:
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:16 PM   #3645
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Oh, **** off.
^This is kinda where I am....
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.