Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2021, 02:08 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Joe Thuney to the Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post

Last edited by Dante84; 03-15-2021 at 09:38 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:53 PM   #346
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
LDTs contract is such that there is no real incentive to do anything with him. So he's here, whether only thing is to figure out is he a starter or backup.
It’s a $6 million hit on the cap this year. So why would you do that? He like Clark are unreleasable this year.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #347
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
LDTs contract is such that there is no real incentive to do anything with him. So he's here, whether only thing is to figure out is he a starter or backup.
Exactly.

He's going to be the starting RG. People need to come to terms with it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:20 PM   #348
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Exactly.

Which I’m actually fine with. Yeah he’s not all pro, but LDT is serviceable and knows the offense.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:55 PM   #349
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Exactly.

We've come to terms with a lot as it relates to LDT; we'll simply have to deal with this too.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2021, 01:05 AM   #350
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Exactly.

I would say it’s probably his job to lose, but in no way would I say he’s the unquestioned starter at this point. I’m sure there will be competition.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #351
MVP

Best point I've seen made on this signing yet:

Quote:
Jacob Harris: Big boy block good. Keep Patrick safe. Make lots of money.
https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-rep...ard-joe-thuney
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:11 AM   #352
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Which I’m actually fine with. Yeah he’s not all pro, but LDT is serviceable and knows the offense.
And we have decent depth at G now. Especially if we re-sign Reiter or draft a starting C. Then Allegretti becomes IOL depth too.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:39 AM   #353
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Thuney is obvious an enormous upgrade at LG. The Chiefs went from solid to elite at the position.

But hey, have we talked about what type of upgrade a healthy Kyle Long can offer at RG?

I know, I know. He was constantly broken from 2016-2019. Looking at the list of injuries, you can kind of connect the dots and see relation between things.

2016: Played most of the season with a torn labrum (left shoulder). Then suffered severe right ankle injury (on a player where he got overwhelemed/thrown off balance. Maybe by the unsteady/weak arm?)

2017: Shoulder injury week 13, ankle injury nagged him all season

2018: foot injury 1/2 through season

2019: Hip injury, retired

Is the story here a guy who got compromised up top and tried to play through it, suffered a severe injury to his lower body, and then never really got it all working again as the lower body injury continued to nag him and cause problems up the chain?

If that's the case... I can see a scenario where a year and some change off gave him time to get everything 100 percent healthy again and he returns to pretty close to what he was when healthy.

That player would win the RG job and be a LARGE upgrade there. And also could give reps/insurance at RT.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #354
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I would say it’s probably his job to lose, but in no way would I say he’s the unquestioned starter at this point. I’m sure there will be competition.
Long, if he can stay healthy, has the ability to win the RG job, for sure.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #355
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Thuney is obvious an enormous upgrade at LG. The Chiefs went from solid to elite at the position.

But hey, have we talked about what type of upgrade a healthy Kyle Long can offer at RG?

I know, I know. He was constantly broken from 2016-2019. Looking at the list of injuries, you can kind of connect the dots and see relation between things.

2016: Played most of the season with a torn labrum (left shoulder). Then suffered severe right ankle injury (on a player where he got overwhelemed/thrown off balance. Maybe by the unsteady/weak arm?)

2017: Shoulder injury week 13, ankle injury nagged him all season

2018: foot injury 1/2 through season

2019: Hip injury, retired

Is the story here a guy who got compromised up top and tried to play through it, suffered a severe injury to his lower body, and then never really got it all working again as the lower body injury continued to nag him and cause problems up the chain?

If that's the case... I can see a scenario where a year and some change off gave him time to get everything 100 percent healthy again and he returns to pretty close to what he was when healthy.

That player would win the RG job and be a LARGE upgrade there. And also could give reps/insurance at RT.
There's no risk. If he gets injured again, he's gone and the Chiefs are out nothing.

But as you've outlined, if he's had time to get fully healthy, he's an above average RG and certainly better than LDT. It's a plus move that Super Bowl contenders make.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #356
Andy Reid Supporter

I still think Thuney could be our best option at LT right now. He played LT in college and Belichick put him at LT all of training camp in 2019. He was ready to roll with him.

The guy is a damn good technician and an elite pass protector. He’s very Mitchell Schwartz like.

I want to hear Veach’s presser. We got Long, LDT is coming back and Wylie is too. I could definitely see that as the plan.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #357
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I still think Thuney could be our best option at LT right now. He played LT in college and Belichick put him at LT all of training camp in 2019. He was ready to roll with him.

The guy is a damn good technician and an elite pass protector. He’s very Mitchell Schwartz like.

I want to hear Veach’s presser. We got Long, LDT is coming back and Wylie is too. I could definitely see that as the plan.
Unless something changes significantly, you could be right.

Thuney, Long, Reiter, LDT, Niang looks like our best starting group so far.

I imagine we draft a center and swing OT.

We still don't really know about Niang yet.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #358
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Lol no.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #359
Colorado Chief Fan

I am hoping Thuney is on the phone with Andrews, convincing him to come to KC.
Suddenly the interior of our line is SOLID. what a FIX that would be.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:34 AM   #360
Supporter

Quote:
No way, Dude. No way.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.