Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 09:50 AM   #2
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
So I will predict Kingsley Suamataia, with an outside chance of it being a smokescreen for their WR pick that would be McConkey or Worthy.
Suamataia fits perfectly. Unlike soon-to-be-24 Fautanu, Suamataia is only 21 years old and has plenty of ceiling left.

But I'd be fine with any LT. This talk of giving away the future to move up for a receiver is crazy to me. The hit/miss variance is just too high. Get the surest thing in the first and continue to take second round swings at WR.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-24-2024, 09:51 AM   #3
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallymo View Post
Suamataia fits perfectly. Unlike soon-to-be-24 Fautanu, Suamataia is only 21 years old and has plenty of ceiling left.

But I'd be fine with any LT. This talk of giving away the future to move up for a receiver is crazy to me. The hit/miss variance is just too high. Get the surest thing in the first and continue to take second round swings at WR.
Kingsley is the surest thing....?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:54 AM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Kingsley is the surest thing....?
Again, I'm fine with any LT that can start in short order.

My infatuation with Suamataia is based on his age, position and likely availability at pick 32. And yes, I would consider him a safer pick than the lotto of choices at receiver available at the same pick.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-24-2024, 11:28 AM   #5
Hockey Town

Quote:

Actually if you do the variance between like 27-37 WR's hit at a better rate than OT's do.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM   #6
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Actually if you do the variance between like 27-37 WR's hit at a better rate than OT's do.
On a year-to-year basis, that makes sense. But this is supposed to be a historically deep OT class, where prospects will be available late in the first round who would normaly be scooped up in the top 15. I wouldn't compare an OT picked at 30 this year to one picked around the same spot most years.

But I'm only basing my opinion and regurgitating analysis I've read from others. It does makes sense though. The Chiefs won't have the option to draft a long-term answer at LT near the end of the first round very often. Most elite LTs seem to generally come from the top of the draft.

I too would love the Chiefs to draft a true #1 receiver. An alpha! But I think the team would be smart to take the big body that normally wouldn't be there.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:06 PM   #7
Hockey Town

Quote:
On a year-to-year basis, that makes sense. But this is supposed to be a historically deep OT class, where prospects will be available late in the first round who would normaly be scooped up in the top 15. I wouldn't compare an OT picked at 30 this year to one picked around the same spot most years.

But I'm only basing my opinion and regurgitating analysis I've read from others. It does makes sense though. The Chiefs won't have the option to draft a long-term answer at LT near the end of the first round very often. Most elite LTs seem to generally come from the top of the draft.

I too would love the Chiefs to draft a true #1 receiver. An alpha! But I think the team would be smart to take the big body that normally wouldn't be there.
I don't even really buy there will be a better one there than usual, just more OT's go in the first round than usual is how that usually works.

Everyone was all hot and heavy that Anton Harrison was a really good prospect for where he'd go...and so far we see how that worked out.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:48 AM   #8
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I don't think Patrick Paul is off the board for us tomorrow either; that length is a wet dream for Andy
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:50 AM   #9
MVP

Trade up to 16 or 20 to go grab Brian Thomas, Jr.

I'd be dancing in the streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk View Post
Reminds me too much of Hardman. Prefer Mitchell

I'd love Worthy too, he's nothing like Hardman
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:53 AM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Trade up to 16 or 20 to go grab Brian Thomas, Jr.

I'd be dancing in the streets

I'd love Worthy too, he's nothing like Hardman
Yea, Worthy is a much better prospect.

He's already a better route runner than Hardman was coming out, and he can actually track the ball, and he does is extremely well.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:57 AM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Yea, Worthy is a much better prospect.

He's already a better route runner than Hardman was coming out, and he can actually track the ball, and he does is extremely well.
I'd say he's about what folks hoped Hardman would develop into. And honestly I still think he was on that path until the injuries in 2022.

The question I have with Worthy is ceiling. Is there any additional room for growth there at all? I really question if there is. If everything we see from him in college translates to the pros, he's Hollywood Brown, right? And that's pretty much what he'll be until age takes the speed away. There's not a ton else to develop; he's not going to get bigger or more physical.

Which makes him a guy I like as a potential trade-up option in the mid-2nd but I just don't see him being my favorite player on the board in the 1st.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:04 AM   #12
In Search of a Life

So looking at history.....I don't think I'd be too open to trading that much to get up and take the 4th WR in the class. Is it a historic all time class of WR's, because unless it is, there's probably just as good of a chance that the 7th best WR ends up as good as the 4th.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:48 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So looking at history.....I don't think I'd be too open to trading that much to get up and take the 4th WR in the class. Is it a historic all time class of WR's, because unless it is, there's probably just as good of a chance that the 7th best WR ends up as good as the 4th.

Watch more Brian Thomas film. Any other year he'd be the WR1

If the Chiefs have an opportunity to move up and grab him with their extra 3rd they have next year they should sprint up to the podium
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:51 PM   #14
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Watch more Brian Thomas film. Any other year he'd be the WR1

If the Chiefs have an opportunity to move up and grab him with their extra 3rd they have next year they should sprint up to the podium
Just don't buy it.

Odunze is not a 'special' WR talent. He's just a very good one. "In any other year" Odunze is a pretty ordinary WR1 on the draft board and BTJ is WR2.

Which is still awfully good; a top 12 guy most seasons. But I just do not get this idea that Thomas is going to face some massive outlier drop. If he was truly "WR1 in any other year" than he'd be mentioned in the same breath as Odunze and a pretty likely top 10 pick still.

And I haven't seen that being suggested often, if at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:11 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Just don't buy it.

Odunze is not a 'special' WR talent. He's just a very good one. "In any other year" Odunze is a pretty ordinary WR1 on the draft board and BTJ is WR2.

Which is still awfully good; a top 12 guy most seasons. But I just do not get this idea that Thomas is going to face some massive outlier drop. If he was truly "WR1 in any other year" than he'd be mentioned in the same breath as Odunze and a pretty likely top 10 pick still.

And I haven't seen that being suggested often, if at all.

Wow I disagree completely I think Rome Odunze is my #1 WR in this draft