Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2020, 11:15 AM  
'Tis my eye!

Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:30 AM   #346
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 View Post
I agree with the consensus... I think it's mainly a 2 horse race with about 3-4 others needing a massive finish to the season to even be on the same level.

1a) Mahomes: 4208 yards, 33 TD, 5 int, 68.4% comp, 250 rushing yards and 2 Td's
1b) Rodgers: 3685 yards, 39 TD, 4 int, 69.6% comp, 100 rushing yards and 2 Td's

The others:
Wilson: 3685 yards, 36 TD's, 12 int, 70.4% comp, 423 rushing yards & 1 TD's
Watson: 3761 yards, 25 TD's, 6 int, 68.9% comp, 369 rushing yards & 3 TD's
Kelce: 90 catches, 1250 yards, 9 tds
Henry:1532 yards (shot at 2k for the season), 14tds

If I were a voter the above would be how I would vote today.

Kelce has a chance to get to 3rd if he shatters the TE receiving records by year-end. I think you have to break records as a skill position to be really considered.

I think Henry will sneak up on people and get a few votes. He needs 156 ypg to get to 2k. Would be the 7th player ever to get there. And he has the Lions and Texans still left.
MVPat is way ahead in advanced metrics, tho.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #347
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 View Post
It amazes me how little respect Rodgers weapons and Off staff get. I mean they have a great offensive coach in LaFleur. Since he has been there they scheme up tons of quick open passes for Rodgers. Also they have a top-3 WR in Adams, a top-3 pass catching RB in Jones, and a top-5 Oline to protect Rodgers. Sure there #2, #3 weapons aren't what the Chiefs have. But it's not like its what Deshaun Watson is dealing with in Houston. They have weapons and a staff in place that benefits Rodgers
You also have to consider the offensive line. The GB OL is one of the best in the NFL - it's far better than what KC has.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #348
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
You also have to consider the offensive line. The GB OL is one of the best in the NFL - it's far better than what KC has.
There is, or was, a narrative that we have this really solid offensive line, especially given our bookend tackles. That is simply not the case. Mahomes is just so good he masks the complete ineptness of the offensive line. I assume people that vote for the MVP will do their homework and watch the tape. Mahomes routinely makes chicken salad out of chicken shit with this line. If the guy had an average, or above average line, he would be shattering records.
FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:56 AM   #349
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Holy Shit

Colin Cowherd just dropped a 3 minute piece on why Aaron Rodgers is the MVP

"Mahomes benefits from Andy and all the weapons around him blah blah blah"

these media folks are such bundle of stickss it's unreal
Annnnnndddd that's why i'm not watching any of that crap today. Mahomes having just an ok (note: not bad) game is like throwing meat to the wolves to those hot take dipshits.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #350
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAH-Q View Post
There is, or was, a narrative that we have this really solid offensive line, especially given our bookend tackles. That is simply not the case. Mahomes is just so good he masks the complete ineptness of the offensive line. I assume people that vote for the MVP will do their homework and watch the tape. Mahomes routinely makes chicken salad out of chicken shit with this line. If the guy had an average, or above average line, he would be shattering records.
This.

OLine needs to be heavily drafted. It wont be sexy or flashy, but protecting our investment has to ve priority 1.

This line is TRASH. Any other qb behind this rabble, this is a total shitshow and everyone is calling for Andys head.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:45 PM   #351
offense > defense

Quote:
Yup. Also, people generally overplay the weapons difference. Adams and Hill is a wash. I can't pretend Kelce isn't a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE difference-maker, but after that it's pretty whatever. People ridiculously underrate Aaron Jones, talk as if Lev Bell is doing shit and overrate our WRs after Hill.

I wouldn't trade our overall cast for GB's, but it's much closer than people think due to the difference in OL. I also wouldn't trade coaching, but again people talk like Rodgers has Herm Edwards calling plays.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:50 PM   #352
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
Yup. Also, people generally overplay the weapons difference. Adams and Hill is a wash. I can't pretend Kelce isn't a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE difference-maker, but after that it's pretty whatever. People ridiculously underrate Aaron Jones, talk as if Lev Bell is doing shit and overrate our WRs after Hill.

I wouldn't trade our overall cast for GB's, but it's much closer than people think due to the difference in OL. I also wouldn't trade coaching, but again people talk like Rodgers has Herm Edwards calling plays.
^ This. Their O Line is so much better than KCs. I watch Rodgers play and he has all day to pick apart teams.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 12-14-2020, 02:04 PM   #353
In Search of a Life

Rodgers gets to stand patiently behind a solid line for 4 seconds until one of his receivers runs wide open across the middle. He throws a safe, high % 9-yard pass and nets 30. He is Alex Smith at this point. Never takes chances, no emotion, just an arm throwing to open targets. He gets to play shitty teams and if the heat gets to him- rely on his running game to open things back up again. Great O line, Easy Schedule, Great Running game, and a coach that is openly pushing for him to pile up meaningless stats. His insurance commercials have more emotion than he plays with on the field. How many times has he led his team back from sure defeat this year? How many times has he put the team on his back and WILLED them to win? Have the refs pulled 6 of his TD's off the board and routinely called ticky-tack holding calls against him in the Red Zone?

He is the Exact opposite of Mahomes and has everything laid out for him, easy as pie.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #354
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Rodgers gets to stand patiently behind a solid line for 4 seconds until one of his receivers runs wide open across the middle. He throws a safe, high % 9-yard pass and nets 30. He is Alex Smith at this point. Never takes chances, no emotion, just an arm throwing to open targets. He gets to play shitty teams and if the heat gets to him- he whines like a little bitch. Great O line, Easy Schedule, Great Running game, and a coach that is openly pushing for him to pile up meaningless stats. His insurance commercials have more emotion than he plays with on the field. How many times has he led his team back from sure defeat this year? How many times has he put the team on his back and WILLED them to win? Have the refs pulled 6 of his TD's off the board and routinely called ticky-tack holding calls against him in the Red Zone?

He is the Exact opposite of Mahomes and has everything laid out for him, easy as pie.
FYP
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #355
oxymoron

Quote:
. I assume people that vote for the MVP will do their homework and watch the tape. .
Yeah, you shouldn't assume that. At all. That's one of the reasons I'm sure Rodgers is going to cruise to the award.

Just to repeat myself, I think it's all but locked up at this point, Rodgers has 3 games left where he should put up huge numbers, whereas Mahomes has a top 5 defense and a chargers team that always gives him trouble.

And frankly I think they're going to be looking for reasons not to give it to Mahomes. Because we've become the frontrunner now, and that's just what happens.

Mahomes' will have to play out of his mind to win. He can't afford another blip (from the national perspective...) like yesterday. Judging by the narrative, he couldn't even afford yesterday.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #356
Everybody Lies.

Mahomes is at -250 and Rodgers is at +175 now. He closed the gap a bit this week. Those odds don't mean much but that's what I've been following the past couple of months. Russell Wilson has slipped a lot. He's +5000 and Josh Allen is in 3rd place at +4000.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:34 PM   #357
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Yeah, you shouldn't assume that. At all .
My assumption is based off of comments by Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, who has discussed this process on the podcast he shares with Terez Paylor. He certainly does his homework and goes into detail on how he votes. I understand that is not indicative of how the other voters go about their business, but I appreciated the insight from a guy who does have a vote and knows numerous other voters.

For what it’s worth, he says his vote is for Mahomes. The way he phrased this was that the MVP is a vote for most valuable player in the NFL, period. It is not a vote for the most valuable player to a given team. He understands the gravity of this award and I’m hopeful others in that voting circle do as well. Others may disagree, but I do not think this is some 5 minute decision that the voters make without any meaningful discourse or analysis.

Last edited by FAH-Q; 12-14-2020 at 03:40 PM..
FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FAH-Q must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:20 PM   #358
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
MVPat is way ahead in advanced metrics, tho.
The PAA stat is the one that blows my mind. Mahomes right now is already above the total PAA that Rodgers will have for the entire season. Mahomes is on pace to break Tom Brady's 2007 record for PAA. Brady was a Unanimous MVP that season, and Mahomes damn well might not win MVP this year. Pretty wild.

Brady (2007 record) = 96.2 PAA
Mahomes - currently 79.7 PAA, pacing for 98.1 PAA
Rodgers - currently 63.9 PAA, pacing for 78.6 PAA

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/view/...qbpaa/dir/desc
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #359
Fan since 1997

Fück that overrated prick, Aaron Rodgers. He is nothing but a stat padder. Another Drew Brees, throws with caution and a bit more range. One stinking SB appearance in 15 years in an up-for-grabs NFC. He is no winner and couldn't shine Mahomes' shoe bottoms.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:12 AM   #360
Banned

Quote:
Rodgers with Eric Bieniemy, Andy Reid as coaches and with Kelce, Hill, Watskins, Hardman would go on and win the Super Bowl in easy fashion, dont kid yourselves.
NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.NEOM < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote