Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2022, 12:41 PM  
Trained to reign as the one.

Per 610 Sports [and Schefter]: EB will return to the Chiefs next season.

Don't shoot the messenger

https://www.audacy.com/610sports/spo...n-as-chiefs-oc

God of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGod of Thunder 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-25-2022, 09:54 AM   #346
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
So get him and his toxicity off of the sideline.

The fact that he DOESN'T add anything to the offensive picture is part of the problem, IMHO. He's just there...and now with the weight of expectations...nothing with improve or evolve with him there. And with Kafka gone, I'm afraid the buffer between Mahomes and EB doesn't exist the way it did.

We should've pitched EB to Daboll in NY. He never woulda went for it...but we could've promoted Kafka while EB's contract had expired and just been like "Oh, shit. We thought you would DEFINITELY get that Saints job. We'll put in a good word with Dennis Allen, see if you can OC down there. With no QB and $63m over the cap..."
There is ZERO chance he's toxic if they're bringing him back. They're not going to deep six the team to do EB a favor. They tried to help him get a HC job and he failed. But they obviously like him as an OC or they wouldn't be bringing him back.

If you're THIS upset about EB, then you might as well just go out on the "fire Andy Reid" limb because that's who is actually responsible for the "toxicity".
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:56 AM   #347
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Andy Reid runs the offense. Out of one side of your mouth, you're saying EB doesn't do anything and should be gone. Out of the other side, you're saying the offense's woes are EB's fault and he should be gone because of that.

It can't be both.

I get it, I wanted him gone too but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes run this team. EB is just along for the ride.
This is the key point. It really doesn’t matter.

I wanted a new OC to bring some new ideas, but what would that change? If Reid is really running the offense (as most of us believe), then how influential would a new voice be?

If this is just who Reid is, then is some new OC really going to change that?

We still have a great offense, which I expect to get even better in the offseason with a few new weapons. Might as well not worry and just enjoy it.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:56 AM   #348
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Andy Reid runs the offense. Out of one side of your mouth, you're saying EB doesn't do anything and should be gone. Out of the other side, you're saying the offense's woes are EB's fault and he should be gone because of that.

It can't be both.

I get it, I wanted him gone too but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes run this team. EB is just along for the ride.
I'm sure he has some value, but also wonder what their thought are long term... and maybe he is a placeholder to a large extent as a guy who wants one year deals, then as Andy gets closer to retirement they'll really make a succession plan.

Of course, there's no way he's a detriment and being resigned, even if his value isn't off the charts.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:58 AM   #349
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'm sure he has some value, but also wonder what their thought are long term... and maybe he is a placeholder to a large extent as a guy who wants one year deals, then as Andy gets closer to retirement they'll really make a succession plan.
The shear meltdown on this board if EB is the neck HC would be amazing to watch.

Just the idea of watching Clay trying to spin it after all this shit would be glorious.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:58 AM   #350
Why so serious?

Quote:
Ah, yes. You're basically describing a tendency in most organizational hierarchies, for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence.

You're describing the ****ing peter principle, TC.

Reread this whole sequence, and do better.
You are aware that the peter principle was written as satire, no? And now it's typically referenced in organizational culture and management classes in relation to promotions within a certain employer rather than laterally? And it's based on employees who are promoted based on general progress rather than their skills best suited to the next role?

The Chiefs had their pick of anyone when they hired Haley and Pioli. Internal. External. Whatever. They didn't just get hired by the Chiefs because the Chiefs had some feeder program from the Cardinals and Patriots. The fact that they both turned out to be varying levels of mediocre/incompetent is meaningless. Had the Chiefs hired Belichick away from the Patriots at that point, you could've claimed some level of the peter principle if he didn't win a Super Bowl every season.

But since this is about EB, let's discuss him. He's been our OC since 2018. You and Clay have decided that he's incompetent and not well-suited to the role. The Chiefs have been under no obligation whatsoever to keep him over the last several years. But they have. So maybe, just maybe they feel different about him than you perceive. On the other hand, the rest of the NFL doesn't think he is good enough to be an NFL head coach. So he stays in his current role. This is how a meritocracy works.

But please, let's just use satire to try and back up ALL of our arguments.

What's amazing to me is had the Chiefs beaten the Bengals, none of you would be spending any of your time on EB. But you're just so desperate for someone to blame. It's sad.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:59 AM   #351
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
This is the key point. It really doesn’t matter.

I wanted a new OC to bring some new ideas, but what would that change? If Reid is really running the offense (as most of us believe), then how influential would a new voice be?

If this is just who Reid is, then is some new OC really going to change that?

We still have a great offense, which I expect to get even better in the offseason with a few new weapons. Might as well not worry and just enjoy it.
The main reason I wanted fresh blood is because I believe that coaches provide vision. Games are won and lost on the field and most of that is player execution. Talent trumps everything else in the NFL. Coaches are architects.

Coaches can definitely add value but unless they are really, really bad, they're not going to lose games all by themselves. That's on the players.

Get more talent on this team and it will be fine, regardless of who is coaching.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:59 AM   #352
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Sooooooo then we didn't lose the AFC Championship game because of Bienemy's play calling or game planning like Clay Florio stated?
No.

Andy Reid has done that shit 3 times since he's been here, had an 18 point playoff lead (or more, in the Colts playoff loss he had a 28 point lead), crawled into an offensive shell to let the other team come back and win.

He's done it with Nagy and EB.

He's done it with Sutton and Spags

He's done it with Alex and Patrick.

Andy Reid is the one constant.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:00 AM   #353
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

Of course, there's no way he's a detriment and being resigned, even if his value isn't off the charts.
Exactly.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:01 AM   #354
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
No.

Andy Reid has done that shit 3 times since he's been here, had an 18 point playoff lead (or more, in the Colts playoff loss he had a 28 point lead), crawled into an offensive shell to let the other team come back and win.

So then Clay Florio's article is 75% ****ing garbage? Because according to him....it was his play calls and his game plan.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:01 AM   #355
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
No.

Then why are you so up in arms about EB? He has nothing to do with it, by your own admission.

Just say it already - fire Andy Reid.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:02 AM   #356
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
What's amazing to me is had the Chiefs beaten the Bengals, none of you would be spending any of your time on EB. But you're just so desperate for someone to blame. It's sad.
Nah, it's obvious that I blame Andy Reid.

I blame the ONLY NFL head coach in HISTORY with THREE playoff losses of 18 or more points.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:03 AM   #357
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
No, wait - you didn't realize that he hadn't signed?

And my opinion of WHAT!?
I feel like you're being purposefully obtuse.

I know he hasn't signed yet, but if/when he does, are you going to keep up this "he's a toxic piece of shit" thing, when it would clearly be wrong? Make up something about how Reid would resign a toxic piece of shit for optics or loyalty to a toxic piece of shit and not his half billion dollar QB?

Or are you going to change your tune because resigning someone would clearly show the fan fiction piece was just that... fiction.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:03 AM   #358
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Then why are you so up in arms about EB? He has nothing to do with it, by your own admission.

Just say it already - fire Andy Reid.
Fire Andy Reid?

Never.

Gonna.

Happen.

He'll be here until he wants to retire. Or he dies.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:03 AM   #359
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
You're a bargain basement Mike Florio.
he wishes he was
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #360
left blank intentionally

Quote:
I feel like you're being purposefully obtuse.

I know he hasn't signed yet, but if/when he does, are you going to keep up this "he's a toxic piece of shit" thing, when it would clearly be wrong? Make up something about how Reid would resign a toxic piece of shit for optics or loyalty to a toxic piece of shit and not his half billion dollar QB?

Or are you going to change your tune because resigning someone would clearly show the fan fiction piece was just that... fiction.
Sorry, I don't change my opinion on woman beaters who threaten rape.

**** EB.