Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2021, 03:34 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Trey Smith Thread*****

More to come!

Spoiler!

Last edited by Dante84; 12-13-2021 at 04:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:07 AM   #346
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You're not hold anybody back just to put a vet on the field.

If your best UNIT is created by putting those 3 guys on the field (Niang, Smith, and Humphrey) then you do it.

I don't think that's what will happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
I don't necessarily think that will happen either. But if it does, I sure hope we don't hold someone back just to have a vet presence to break up three first year players.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #347
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I don't necessarily think that will happen either. But if it does, I sure hope we don't hold someone back just to have a vet presence to break up three first year players.
I don't think they're going to force a vet into the mix. I still expect there to be a vet at either RG or RT but probably only to begin the year.

I think by the end of the year, you're probably looking at a line of Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, and Niang.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #348
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
If Humphrey and Niang are your starters at OC and RT respectively, then it might be desirable to have a vet in there, provided there's not a huge drop-off in physical play.
I think that vet is gonna be Remmers. I think the staff want to ease Niang back into football shape and not play him week 1.

I know he’ll have camp but that doesn’t seem like enough for a guy who hasn’t played in a game for almost 2 years
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:16 AM   #349
MVP

I hope Remmers doesn't make this team. Y'all can sit around talking about how he was "pretty decent on the right side," but the dude got his shit pushed in during the super bowl, and it was embarrassing. No, I don't think moving him from left to right takes him from wet fart to starting caliber player. I think he sucks. He sucked in Carolina (playing right tackle) and he sucked for us. Of course, part of this is emotional for me.

And I don't think the staff agrees with me. I can easily see him or Wylie as the starting right tackle in week one, and I'm... okay... with that. But by the end of the year, it better be the new guys across the entire line, and I think it will be.

Look at it this way - there's no continuity at all unless you start Wylie and Remmers at RG and RT. Otherwise, there is literally no lineup where two guys played next to each other last year, so what difference does it make? Put the most talent in that you can, and I expect that to happen sooner than later.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:19 AM   #350
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think that vet is gonna be Remmers. I think the staff want to ease Niang back into football shape and not play him week 1.

I know he’ll have camp but that doesn’t seem like enough for a guy who hasn’t played in a game for almost 2 years
I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Humphrey seems like a lock - there's just nobody on the roster to push him out of a starter spot. Blythe seems like a swing player destined for the bench.

Smith and LDT are going to compete for a spot but provided Smith picks up the plays, physically he's going to outclass LDT.

Remmers is actually a pretty decent RT. No slight against Niang at all but I just look at this spot as being the most competitive. I expect Remmers to win that spot, at least to start.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:21 AM   #351
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I hope Remmers doesn't make this team. Y'all can sit around talking about how he was "pretty decent on the right side," but the dude got his shit pushed in during the super bowl, and it was embarrassing. No, I don't think moving him from left to right takes him from wet fart to starting caliber player. I think he sucks. He sucked in Carolina (playing right tackle) and he sucked for us. Of course, part of this is emotional for me.

And I don't think the staff agrees with me. I can easily see him or Wylie as the starting right tackle in week one, and I'm... okay... with that. But by the end of the year, it better be the new guys across the entire line, and I think it will be.

Look at it this way - there's no continuity at all unless you start Wylie and Remmers at RG and RT. Otherwise, there is literally no lineup where two guys played next to each other last year, so what difference does it make? Put the most talent in that you can, and I expect that to happen sooner than later.
At least you're able to admit that your emotions are coloring your view.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:22 AM   #352
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't think they're going to force a vet into the mix. I still expect there to be a vet at either RG or RT but probably only to begin the year.

I think by the end of the year, you're probably looking at a line of Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, and Niang.
We've seen Andy stick with what he starts with unless injury. So if that's what they think they'll get to, just start with it, IMO>
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #353
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
We've seen Andy stick with what he starts with unless injury. So if that's what they think they'll get to, just start with it, IMO>
I honestly don't care. I think all of the potential combinations are acceptable. All of the possible lineups are superior to last year.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:32 AM   #354
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I honestly don't care. I think all of the potential combinations are acceptable. All of the possible lineups are superior to last year.
Agreed.

I'm just hoping we hit three clear home runs once the pads go on, and that the three 1st year players hit the field and we don't look back.

Again. Hoping.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #355
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Definitely.

But looking forward, if you can get those 3 in there this year it really sets you up long term as well.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #356
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Definitely.

But looking forward, if you can get those 3 in there this year it really sets you up long term as well.
For sure.

The best short-term solution is worth debating.

The best long-term solution is having the three young guys play ASAP and prove they can do so at a high level.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:40 AM   #357
In Search of a Life

Quote:
For sure.

The best short-term solution is worth debating.

The best long-term solution is having the three young guys play ASAP and prove they can do so at a high level.
On the same page we are.

That has been my biggest reason for giving them the nudge if it's close. It may be a bit rougher to start, but long term, if they hit? Whew boy.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:44 AM   #358
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
On the same page we are.

That has been my biggest reason for giving them the nudge if it's close. It may be a bit rougher to start, but long term, if they hit? Whew boy.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:07 AM   #359
MVP

I'd love to see Humphrey, Smith and Niang week one. LOVE IT.

I expect we'll see Humphrey, LDT, and Niang.

I don't think Remmers can beat out Niang, the physical attributes are just not there.

I think LDT's experience in this offense, and putting a vet between the rooks help offset their inexperience because they've got veteran help next to them to help make the calls and point out stunts and blitz pick-ups.

But I think in the long run, Humphrey-Smith-Niang is best.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:09 AM   #360
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'd love to see Humphrey, Smith and Niang week one. LOVE IT.

I expect we'll see Humphrey, LDT, and Niang.

I don't think Remmers can beat out Niang, the physical attributes are just not there.

I think LDT's experience in this offense, and putting a vet between the rooks help offset their inexperience because they've got veteran help next to them to help make the calls and point out stunts and blitz pick-ups.

But I think in the long run, Humphrey-Smith-Niang is best.
I think LDT has the bigger uphill battle in terms of physical skills.

It's going to come down to whether or not they understand the play calls and assignments. I just think the gap between Remmers and Niang is smaller at this point but that could definitely change as they get more reps in camp..