Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #346
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
We're starting off with $35 million in cap space. If you're moving to a 4-3 then you're assuming that we're not paying Ford.

You could:

1. June 1st cut Berry - saves roughly $10 million.
2. Cut Houston - saves roughly $14 million.
3. Cut Ragland - $1.2 million
4. Cut Sorensen - saves $2.7 million.

There is cap space that can be gained.
I just can't see them cutting Houston and Berry.

Maybe, but I just don't know about that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #347
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
From all I've seen.....he loves KC and loves Reid. He knows he has a QB now that has a legitimate shot at getting a ring. The only way that I could see him wanting to leave is if we:

A. Get rid of Berry and Houston feels disrespected.
B. Doesn't want to move to DE in a 4-3.
It's a money first league and I would say he would favor financial security. He's at the very end of his window to get one last good payday and is coming off a good season.

Sticking around for 2 more years in a system where his stats could deflate probably isn't going to happen. They will either need to figure out an extension to rework all the numbers or cut him loose.

Don't think he wants to be paid less for future uncertainty, especially with a lockout looming. I just don't think it would make sense for KC to give him a 3rd contract.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #348
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
All teams kick that can down the line that is nothing new.
All teams don't have a 200 million dollar QB on the docket coming up soon.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #349
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Also if this is the move, fully expect a couple of guys that have been in his scheme to get signed here...

So who is a FA that has played under Spags?

Collins is the obvious who else?
brain fart
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #350
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I just can't see them cutting Houston and Berry.

Maybe, but I just don't know about that.
When you change coordinators who run a different front that does usually lead to massive turnover.

Maybe they are acknowledging it's time to change completely. I think Houston can have a spot just not at that money. Realistically speaking, Houston knows this too.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 11:26 AM   #351
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
It's a money first league and I would say he would favor financial security. He's at the very end of his window to get one last good payday and is coming off a good season.

Sticking around for 2 more years in a system where his stats could deflate probably isn't going to happen. They will either need to figure out an extension to rework all the numbers or cut him loose.

Don't think he wants to be paid less for future uncertainty, especially with a lockout looming. I just don't think it would make sense for KC to give him a 3rd contract.
I'd be ok extending him. I think a situation similar to what Suggs has done in Balt would be in order there.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 11:26 AM   #352
MVP

Quote:
This team has cap space if they want it...they could easily clear out to 50 million free without batting an eye.
The only way I see to do that is to release Houston.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:26 AM   #353
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Pretty easy to see Landon Collins here now. Also, was it just pure coincidence that the 2 DBs we had our eye on at the trade deadline were Collins and Jenkins if the rumors are to be believed?
This is why I always questioned if Reid had it in mind that he's wanted to run a Spagnuolo like defense all along. Maybe he was hoping mcdermott or Rivera would become available. The moves we made last offseason actually make sense if we were considering a hybrid or 4-3. They were bizarre fits for the Ryan defense.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:26 AM   #354
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
brain fart
When did he play under Spags?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #355
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm actually a little intrigued by getting Kpass and Jones inside some.

They're gonna have to be able to stop the run first.
I'm not sure K-Pass can play with the pad level necessary to be effective inside. His length could be really interesting in there if he could keep guys from getting underneath him but I've just never seen the technique develop to suggest that he can.

I think he's a rotational 4-3 DE at best with Speaks likely being the 1st and 2nd down guy. Houston - Nnadi - Jones - Speaks as your base front with DoD at Sam, Hitchens at Mike and a new Will (though again, I'd be intrigued by the possibility of using Ford similarly to how Irvin was used in Seattle at his peak as something of a strict rush Will).

I could be completely off base on O'Daniel but man I really do think he'd kick ass as a Sam in a 4-3. I don't like him as a Will as much because I prefer my stronger pass-rusher to be on the weak side and be able to avoid the chip. I know he can be neutralized a little more often by sending the back into the pattern but no more often than the Sam can by the TE in the pattern. I want my better pass-rusher as the Will and my better coverage backer as the Sam.

The pieces are pretty much here already. The real risk then is Chris Jones. We're about to consider giving him a very large contract with no real knowledge as to whether or not he can be as dynamic as someone like Gerald McCoy. Because isn't that essentially what we'd be asking of him as the under-tackle? Maybe Fletcher Cox is a better present example? McCoy's prime was primarily as a 4-3 and I believe Cox also operates largely as a 4-3 UT. Can Jones make that transition? And will he still play as hard if we ask him to, especially after we pay him? There's a lot more 'phonebooth' duty down there and sometimes that position just sucks more than what he was asked to do.

Jones is a big big risk in this transition if we're going to pay him before we make it. That contract could blow up on us in a big way.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #356
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post

Deflate? The dude is getting paid $20 million for 9-10 sacks. He hasn't done shit since his 22 sack season. If he thinks he can get paid better on the open market....then have at it.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #357
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55 View Post
The only way I see to do that is to release Houston.
Even if he is still here, it won't be under that contract so yea that's part of it.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #358
Banned

As a New Yorker that has seen a lot of giants games with him being the DC, he’s not that good and any giants fans will tell you that.

Him beating the patriots was more of a scheme and philosophy of Tom Coughlin as opposed to his own scheming
patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.patyoulikemahomes < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #359
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm not sure K-Pass can play with the pad level necessary to be effective inside. His length could be really interesting in there if he could keep guys from getting underneath him but I've just never seen the technique develop to suggest that he can.

I think he's a rotational 4-3 DE at best with Speaks likely being the 1st and 2nd down guy. Houston - Nnadi - Jones - Speaks as your base front with DoD at Sam, Hitchens at Mike and a new Will (though again, I'd be intrigued by the possibility of using Ford similarly to how Irvin was used in Seattle at his peak as something of a strict rush Will).

I could be completely off base on O'Daniel but man I really do think he'd kick ass as a Sam in a 4-3. I don't like him as a Will as much because I prefer my stronger pass-rusher to be on the weak side and be able to avoid the chip. I know he can be neutralized a little more often by sending the back into the pattern but no more often than the Sam can by the TE in the pattern. I want my better pass-rusher as the Will and my better coverage backer as the Sam.

The pieces are pretty much here already. The real risk then is Chris Jones. We're about to consider giving him a very large contract with no real knowledge as to whether or not he can be as dynamic as someone like Gerald McCoy. Because isn't that essentially what we'd be asking of him as the under-tackle? Maybe Fletcher Cox is a better present example? McCoy's prime was primarily as a 4-3 and I believe Cox also operates largely as a 4-3 UT. Can Jones make that transition? And will he still play as hard if we ask him to, especially after we pay him? There's a lot more 'phonebooth' duty down there and sometimes that position just sucks more than what he was asked to do.

Jones is a big big risk in this transition if we're going to pay him before we make it. That contract could blow up on us in a big way.
I actually think Jones could be end in the 4-3..but yea he's similar to Fletcher Cox as a UT so I don't think he'd have to many problems with the switch.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #360
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

You are kinda of smart, I apologize.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Closed Thread