Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:48 PM   #3526
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
One of my friends up here has never owned a gun before. He's conservative, and he agrees with my stance on things pretty much 100%. He always agrees that he SHOULD get a gun, but he just talks about doing it, and talks about doing it, and talks about doing it some more, and never actually does it. Of course, in Illinois you have to get a FOID first; now the backlog is so long that it takes months to get one. And he hasn't even done that. Now it's probably too late.

There's only so much you can do.
There are so many teachable moments in this story that I don’t even know where to begin. It the immediate one is: you see an opportunity jump on it with out second thought. That opportunity won’t be there half an hour from now. And whatever your financial situation - bank accounts ain’t gonna matter if shit keeps heading the direction it’s heading.

As optimistic as I am for the upcoming election, I am petrified by the thought of aftermath.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:51 PM   #3527
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Thanks. All the local shops around me are closed now, of course, but Cabela's does it, but also of course they're in KS while I'm in MO, so I'm thinking that doesn't help me at all.

Nobody picked up when I called out to Bass Pro, but maybe I'll try them and see if it goes through on ammoaz's end?
Cabelas is now owned and operated by Bass Pro, which has a metro location on your side of the state line. Check into that.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #3528
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Thanks. All the local shops around me are closed now, of course, but Cabela's does it, but also of course they're in KS while I'm in MO, so I'm thinking that doesn't help me at all.

Nobody picked up when I called out to Bass Pro, but maybe I'll try them and see if it goes through on ammoaz's end?

There are also private FFL's, hell, I used to have an FFL and a lot of those guys will do it for a fee. You should be able to buy the gun now, but they won't ship it until you provide an FFL for delivery. Google FFL in your town and you should have a list pops up. Once you do that, you should be able to dig a little deeper and see which ones accept shipments.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:06 PM   #3529
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
If Biden wins and they get the house and the senate, it will get as bad, or worse than Sandy hook. It's best to hedge your bets, while you still can.

With that said, it's not close to that, yet. Yesterdays event, along with all the online rhetoric about riots etc, could change that very quickly.

As many of you guys may/may not know - I have predicting something like this for some time now. Hell, it's been as plain as the nose on our faces. It started with Hillary and her comment about "Resist".

It's been getting worse each day since that night.

My bets are hedged......well hedged....
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
As many of you guys may/may not know - I have predicting something like this for some time now. Hell, it's been as plain as the nose on our faces. It started with Hillary and her comment about "Resist".

It's been getting worse each day since that night.

My bets are hedged......well hedged....

I can relate.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:21 PM   #3531
sorta mod-ish

So I am now the (eventual) owner of a new Radical Firearms 5.56mm NATO 16" Barrel 30-Round Mag M4 Collapsible Stock Black Finish Semi-Automatic Rifle. This was very good fortune for me, for the two long barrels I was looking at were an M4 and an AK. Thanks to frazod, BAWAN, and Raiderhader for slow walking me through this, and thanks to Megatron96 for finding the deal. I'm excited to get this in a few weeks. I owe you all drinks of your choice.

Now, to go look for ammo.....
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #3532

Quote:
So I am now the (eventual) owner of a new Radical Firearms 5.56mm NATO 16" Barrel 30-Round Mag M4 Collapsible Stock Black Finish Semi-Automatic Rifle. This was very good fortune for me, for the two long barrels I was looking at were an M4 and an AK. Thanks to frazod, BAWAN, and Raiderhader for slow walking me through this, and thanks to Megatron96 for finding the deal. I'm excited to get this in a few weeks. I owe you all drinks of your choice.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Old 09-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #3533
**** the Raiders

Quote:
There are also private FFL's, hell, I used to have an FFL and a lot of those guys will do it for a fee. You should be able to buy the gun now, but they won't ship it until you provide an FFL for delivery. Google FFL in your town and you should have a list pops up. Once you do that, you should be able to dig a little deeper and see which ones accept shipments.
What all is entailed with that? Level of background checks, finances required, how does it effect you as an individual purchaser of firearms and so forth?

It is something I have always been curious about but, never bothered myself enough to really explore.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #3534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
What all is entailed with that? Level of background checks, finances required, how does it effect you as an individual purchaser of firearms and so forth?

It is something I have always been curious about but, never bothered myself enough to really explore.

Basically $200 and a bunch of bullshit paperwork.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...31016/download
Old 09-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #3535
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #3536
**** the Raiders

Quote:

Congratulations! And Wild Turkey (101, not the 81 or I’ll ****ing ruin your reputation on this board from here until eternity ).

Something I’ve learned as both a gun and Jeep Wrangler owner - you can buy a “cheap” base model and customize it to what you want/need later. And in this particular climate that is HUGE bonus. Buy the cheapest upgradable rifle and you can make it what you want it to be as time, finances and availability allow.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:48 PM   #3537
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Congratulations! And Wild Turkey (101, not the 81 or I’ll ****ing ruin your reputation on this board from here until eternity ).

Something I’ve learned as both a gun and Jeep Wrangler owner - you can buy a “cheap” base model and customize it to what you want/need later. And in this particular climate that is HUGE bonus. Buy the cheapest upgradable rifle and you can make it what you want it to be as time, finances and availability allow.
It already has two of the first things I'd change out - the stock and freefloat rail.

All he needs is a good optic and some backup iron sights and he's good to go.

We had a pretty big discussion on optics a couple of weeks ago when Vail was looking for a rifle. Suffice to say, DON'T CHEAP OUT ON OPTICS.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #3538
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Basically $200 and a bunch of bullshit paperwork.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...31016/download
My instant response is - “$200 dollars and paperwork? Why am I not having Bud’s mail me guns to home address?”

If that is all it is why are you still not engaged in it?

I’m drinking right now, so feel free to tell me to look closer at the link you provided when I’m sober to answer these questions - My feelings won’t be hurt.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #3539
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
It already has two of the first things I'd change out - the stock and freefloat rail.

All he needs is a good optic and some backup iron sights and he's good to go.

We had a pretty big discussion on optics a couple of weeks ago when Vail was looking for a rifle. Suffice to say, DON'T CHEAP OUT ON OPTICS.
Honestly, I am out for the first time in two in two and a half months (**** the illegal mask mandate, I’ll shop out of district and avoid my beloved local bars until I know they are not enforcing that illegal BS) and just browsing threads. So I’ll bow to your experienced opinions, until I dig deeper when I’m sober.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:16 PM   #3540
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
My instant response is - “$200 dollars and paperwork? Why am I not having Bud’s mail me guns to home address?”

If that is all it is why are you still not engaged in it?

I’m drinking right now, so feel free to tell me to look closer at the link you provided when I’m sober to answer these questions - My feelings won’t be hurt.
During my gun searches over the last few months I’ve discovered you can’t swing a stick without hitting an FFL nearby, at least here in AZ.

You ever do a zip code search to see who is close by you?

http://fflgundealers.net/

Last edited by vailpass; 09-19-2020 at 07:22 PM..
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.